Deconstructed Chipotle

I can't even watch the 16 year old behind the counter roll my burrito for fear of the "explosion," no way I'd have the sanity and patience to do it myself at home with cold(er) ingredients.

This is just ridiculous to do.

Wow the responses on that single chipotle tweet are ridiculous.

As far as what he's asking for? Seems excessive but i guess if it's only one time it's fine. I do like the idea of getting a bowl with a tortilla on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very torn by this. Love the idea in theory (assuming it's your thing) but think this is really inconsiderate to the workers and others in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's odd and wouldn't do it. But that's just my opinion.

No thanks not interested in additional work to eat

Depends how far home is or how long he/she wants to wait before eating.

If the staff are willing to do it, I see no issue with it. For those saying about time, It wouldn't be that much in the difference.

If the store doesn't have an issue fulfilling the request then go for it, but the whole thing just seems unnecessary to me.

The fact that it's extremely wasteful aside, it would really depend on how long the food would be in transport. There's nothing worse than soggy nachos, tacos, or burritos.

See no problem with it, if that is what the consumer wants to do and the business is able to package it with no extra cost then go for it.

That's a lot of plastic packaging ending up in a landfill because a guy has to compile the food himself.

This was my first thought as well as I can see all of those plastic containers in the garbage right after he is done. However at the same time if this is what the guy wants and Chiptole was willing to put it together for him, so be it. Just wouldn't be my choice.

Customer is always right. But for this request I'd offer to add 20 cents each for each attitudinal container it took to fulfill the order as these containers would Not be included in the normal cost per item eating into the margin.

Get everything in a bowl and a tortilla/taco shells separately. Maybe get the hot stuff in one container and all the rest in another (like the McDLT?), but come on.

Back