The iPhone 8 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody knows the name, but the rumors are everywhere and thanks to MKBHD, this kind of addresses all of them. Figured it would be the right time to start the cult thread on this one.

[video=youtube;Wp-SqWal3VQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-SqWal3VQ[/video]

iPhone 8 to ditch fingerprint sensor for face scanner, reports say. I wonder where Apple acquired the face scanner technology if true.

• Admin
iPhone 8 to ditch fingerprint sensor for face scanner, reports say. I wonder where Apple acquired the face scanner technology if true.

Check out the video in the 1st post. He addresses quite a bit of that.

The OLED model is rumored to be in that $1200 range. Smh.

Apple has bought Israeli startup RealFace, a cybersecurity and machine learning firm specializing in facial recognition technology.

The Times of Israel reported on Sunday that the Tel Aviv-based company, founded in 2014, was snapped up by Apple for an estimated $2 million
while Hebrew-language Calcalist said the deal was worth "several million dollars".

The startup had developed a unique facial recognition technology that integrates artificial intelligence and "brings back human perception to digital processes".
RealFace's software is said to use proprietary IP in the field of "frictionless face recognition" that allows for rapid learning from facial features.

The Israeli startup also developed a now-defunct app called Pickeez, which selected and collated a user's best photos across various platforms using the RealFace recognition software.

I didn't watch MBK's video but I have seen everythingapplepro's videos and the rumors are interesting.

I didn't watch MBK's video but I have seen everythingapplepro's videos and the rumors are interesting.

Yeah he's been my main source for iPhone leaks and rumors for some time now. I even installed iOS 11 Beta 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been wondering about this so appreciate the post! He does a great job in the video. Been putting off an upgrade, so excited to see next launch.

It will be cool to follow along with this thread but I already got the 7 and am happy with all it can offer for me.

I think I'll be making the jump to an Iphone when this version comes out so it's nice to see some talk about it. Depending on how much it costs though I may just end up going with the Iphone 7 when they drop in price.

as an iOS developer, I will be downright shocked if they remove the fingerprint scanner. Touch ID only got better with iOS 11 beta releases, so to see them completely pull it, would be nuts.

as an iOS developer, I will be downright shocked if they remove the fingerprint scanner. Touch ID only got better with iOS 11 beta releases, so to see them completely pull it, would be nuts.

My guess is that one of the three models will not have it. So it will not be "completely" gone.

Even that would shock me. It's so deeply integrated.

My guess is if they do phase it out eventually, you'll see an entire cycle of overlap with Touch ID and face Id or whatever they call it.

I'm excited for the refresh if for nothing else than a cheaper 7 haha

Same here. I need an upgrade because 16gb just cutting it anymore but I don't wanna pay $800 for a phone nor do I want to add $30/month for a phone

It will be interesting to see which of the rumored features will make it to production. We have 4 in our home that will get one as soon as they are released in the fall. My son has a 6 and my daughters have the 6s. I have a company phone and am not eligible for an upgrade for another 15 months.

I'm more interested in what the super cycle will do to the stock price.

if they can't get the fingerprint scanner on the glass, they should make the apple logo on the back the FP scanner.

If this version has the full screen then I'm probably upgrading my 6plus. If it doesn't then I'll get the reduced price of the 7Plus and be ok.

If this version has the full screen then I'm probably upgrading my 6plus. If it doesn't then I'll get the reduced price of the 7Plus and be ok.

This is kind of my thoughts as well.

Tuesday the unveil the new iPhone. $999 for most basic iphone8. The oled is rumored to be delayed but in that $1200 range. My phone will cost more then my iPad. Oh well

Tuesday the unveil the new iPhone. $999 for most basic iphone8. The oled is rumored to be delayed but in that $1200 range. My phone will cost more then my iPad. Oh well

The iPhone 8 isn't going to start at 999. The OLED version might be there or a tad higher.

The iPhone 8 isn't going to start at 999. The OLED version might be there or a tad higher.
64gb Will be $999
512gb will be $1149

Nope. The 7 was $649. After further reading I guess this will be the oled version. A rehashed 7 will be $800. Sucks cause my 6 is worthless and I have to get a new phone. Never did I expect to pay a grand for a phone.

Samsung charging Apple $140 per screen. Hahaha. And apparently Samsung has the oled market cornered atm

Back