Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

Got one coming tomorrow. Can't wait to take it out.

H everybody, I was convinced a little while ago that I'd get better performance than my bio cell plus with stiff red tie, by putting a diamana b series 3rd generation into an optiforce 440 head that I had. No doubt that combo felt amazing, and whilst the carry numbers were longer than the bio cell, the reduced spin in the bio cell meant it was longer overall. I couldn't try the b series in the cobra since there were none with the right tip. Anyway, I loved the feel of that shaftt and wondered if anyone had used the b series / bio cell plus head combo?

H everybody, I was convinced a little while ago that I'd get better performance than my bio cell plus with stiff red tie, by putting a diamana b series 3rd generation into an optiforce 440 head that I had. No doubt that combo felt amazing, and whilst the carry numbers were longer than the bio cell, the reduced spin in the bio cell meant it was longer overall. I couldn't try the b series in the cobra since there were none with the right tip. Anyway, I loved the feel of that shaftt and wondered if anyone had used the b series / bio cell plus head combo?

I've tried that combo out and had very similar numbers to what I saw with the Red Tie. It was the main reason why I went with the Red Tie "stock" option with my Bio Cell +. The B series wasn't available as an option and the Red Tie gave me almost identical numbers.

This is a really underrated driver. I really enjoyed gaming this and was more than happy to give it to another THPer who was looking to game one.

I've tried that combo out and had very similar numbers to what I saw with the Red Tie. It was the main reason why I went with the Red Tie "stock" option with my Bio Cell +. The B series wasn't available as an option and the Red Tie gave me almost identical numbers.

This is a really underrated driver. I really enjoyed gaming this and was more than happy to give it to another THPer who was looking to game one.

I was the lucky recipient of Adams' generosity and the Bio Cell+ will be in the bag this year , and will have some battles with the Srixon 545, but the Bio Cell+ with Red Tie is a hard combo to beat. I like the red tie so much i am thinking of putting it in the Srixon

This thing didn't miss a beat over the winter. Went to the range today and the BC+ was dropping them right in the imaginary fairway. Ready to get on the course again, confidence on the tee box is a game changer.

There's not much of a chance of mine coming out of the bag anytime soon.

a tug here and a push there but this thing continues to perform. Not much was working for me yesterday but this one continued to perform for me. Only missed 4 fairways where I hit this yesterday and only 1 of those was enough of a miss to keep me from a GIR. I am more consistent off the tee than I have been in a while...probably since I gamed the FT-3.

a tug here and a push there but this thing continues to perform. Not much was working for me yesterday but this one continued to perform for me. Only missed 4 fairways where I hit this yesterday and only 1 of those was enough of a miss to keep me from a GIR. I am more consistent off the tee than I have been in a while...probably since I gamed the FT-3.
Sounds like my experience with it yesterday, except add in a low duck hook into a pond to top it off. I'm definitely hitting it further than I've hit a driver in years and I attribute a lot of that to the confidence that I can get away with a bit of a loose swing and just go at it.

Sounds like my experience with it yesterday, except add in a low duck hook into a pond to top it off. I'm definitely hitting it further than I've hit a driver in years and I attribute a lot of that to the confidence that I can get away with a bit of a loose swing and just go at it.

I hear ya, I just looked back at my last 5 rounds and not a single lost ball off the tee with this thing. Total streak may be even more rounds but I stopped at 5 because that is/was unheard of for me. Honestly, realizing that stat at this moment kind of makes me giddy. ha

10/13 fairways today. Didn't miss my first one until hole 10. Playing a nice tiny cut for the most part and finding fairways more often than not. Couldn't be happier.

I am finally worthy of my Bio Cell+. I can actually hit the ball now. Love this driver.

Only three bad drives today but about 6 bad swings if that says anything about this driver.

This driver is a match made in heaven for me. I have never been more confident over a driver. Heck, right now I'd take a tee shot over a 3' putt. Just a solid offering and can be had at a deal right now. If you are still considering trying this driver I can't encourage you enough.

I picked up a Bio Cell+ today. After hitting 5 different drivers for over 2 hours, this one came out on top. Ball speeds were consistently higher all over the face and launch angle was higher than all but the G30. The Red Tie was giving great height in the S flex, but a little too much spin at 11*. Moving to the X lowered spin a bit and the launch angle moved down slightly, but still at about 12.5 degrees. Can't wait to get on the course with this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the range today and the swing was a bit off while warming up. Arms weren't connected to my body and my right shoulder was getting out in front of me.
Fixed that after a few swings and pulled the Bio Cell+ to put some work in. Put a good swing on the ball and hit it on the screws. Ball rocketed off the face; high ball flight with about a 10 yard cut on it. Exactly what I was playing with the Amp Cell, but just a little higher flight and a more "piercing" kind of trajectory. Liked what I saw so much that I just smiled, put the head cover back on and put it back in the bag. After what I was seeing the other day while I was choosing a new driver and then that shot reminding me of it, I've got all the confidence I need before I hit the course tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you have a decent round with the BC+. Ever since I picked it up last year (after using my 3W for many years) found how fun it can be to go driver->wedge on some holes.

Reunited and it feels so good!

I may be putting one of these up in the Marketplace soon. I still love her, but the M1 is just too damn good.

I was really hammering my drives tonight with a nice slight draw. This driver feels so good. The forgiveness is incredible, had one high toe that went at least 280- 290. Best driver I've ever had.

I was going to buy a new driver this summer but I put my Bio Cell+ back in the bag to try. I've been hitting it so well I'm not in a big hurry to buy. I had forgotten how fantastic this driver is.

Looking a little advice on shaft flex. My swing speed is between 90-95mph and in the past I've used either r or s flex depending on the shaft..

reading through the thread the Red Tie seems to play stiffer than most so in that case should I be going with the Reg? My swing is pretty smooth but I do try to whip it through impact...

thanks

Looking a little advice on shaft flex. My swing speed is between 90-95mph and in the past I've used either r or s flex depending on the shaft..

reading through the thread the Red Tie seems to play stiffer than most so in that case should I be going with the Reg? My swing is pretty smooth but I do try to whip it through impact...

thanks

I really don't believe it plays stiffer to flex at all. That said, you're definitely in that "tweener" range for flex if you base it off SS alone.

I'd lean toward the R though if youre smooth, likely a bit more launch, and a bit more feel for you.

Thanks, I've ordered it in reg so looking forward to giving it a go.. My current driver is giving me way to much spin. I had a fitting a number of months ago and one of the best low spin options the fitter gave me was the Biocell+, unfortunately I can't remember what the shaft flex was..

seems to get a lot of love in this thread..

Thanks, I've ordered it in reg so looking forward to giving it a go.. My current driver is giving me way to much spin. I had a fitting a number of months ago and one of the best low spin options the fitter gave me was the Biocell+, unfortunately I can't remember what the shaft flex was..

seems to get a lot of love in this thread..
If the R doesn't work, shoot me a line and I'll send you an S, pretty sure I still have a couple around here.

Back