Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I'm not sure this has been covered, but will there be video at this years event? Maybe something different? I know there will be a live update thread.

Going to be a great event! Can't wait to follow along!

well I'm planning on using periscope whenever possible Friday. Then Saturday ricky can use my phone to check in on periscope whenever he wants.

Played yesterday at a course Ive never played before and was playing with ocarroll, emart and jimmy 6435. I started out well, and ended well but the middle of my round I forgot how to swing an iron. I was happy with my short game and putting all day though. I think the course we played was a fair test and parts played similar to what we will see in MB. It was great experience and was able to get some good knowledge from Jimmy. With every round I play I take something out of it that I need to fine tune in the next few weeks.

Played 18 at a course I haven't played before but have been told for years was challenging (Viniterra for Lynchburg), and really didn't think it was that bad at all. Ended up shooting a 51/45, but I was +9 after 5 holes, and it was only that "good" because of some long one putts made. I really need to stop getting out of the gate slow...i've been doing that pretty consistently lately, where the first 4 or 5 holes are horrid, and then I play to the best of my potential on the remaining 13 or 14 holes. I've tried hitting the range ahead of time, not hitting the range, etc, and I know it's going to be doubly important in match play where it's critical to be off and running on the first hole. Will have to try some different things over these next couple of weeks to see if I can find something that works for me.

I will say though, that the strongest part of my game lately has been putting, which I've really put some time into in these last month. I'm very happy to see the tangible results. One 3 putt yesterday, and 33 total putts on pretty tough greens.

Played 18 at a course I haven't played before but have been told for years was challenging (Viniterra for Lynchburg), and really didn't think it was that bad at all. Ended up shooting a 51/45, but I was +9 after 5 holes, and it was only that "good" because of some long one putts made. I really need to stop getting out of the gate slow...i've been doing that pretty consistently lately, where the first 4 or 5 holes are horrid, and then I play to the best of my potential on the remaining 13 or 14 holes. I've tried hitting the range ahead of time, not hitting the range, etc, and I know it's going to be doubly important in match play where it's critical to be off and running on the first hole. Will have to try some different things over these next couple of weeks to see if I can find something that works for me.

I will say though, that the strongest part of my game lately has been putting, which I've really put some time into in these last month. I'm very happy to see the tangible results. One 3 putt yesterday, and 33 total putts on pretty tough greens.

Was that the Viniterra that's down in New Kent?

yep, that's the one.

You should have come down last weekend and hit Stonehouse with me. I could have used some moral support along with some company :)

I'm new here and to these events. Is it to late to sign up for this?

I'm new here and to these events. Is it to late to sign up for this?
Welcome to THP. The selections were made for this event a few months ago. Few weeks left before the teams go to battle. Check out the Gauntlet which currently has sign ups going on and business should be picking up soon for The Grandaddy as well. There is a pretty cool Wilson event coming up soon as well.

Do you have to be chosen for the events?

And let me say #TheGrandaddy of em all, the greatest event ever created has not even started signups yet. All expenses paid trip, full bag of gear, competition and more. #THPLegacy is a perfect example of what THP is about.

There are still about 5-10 more events this year and many include equipment.

Thank you.

Dave Alvarado: I'm calling you out. It's Legacy prep time.

Teeing off. Gonna get some!

Over this little mini-holiday I've been on I've played some new courses that are freaking tough and so different from what I normally play. On all of them I managed to keep the ball in front of me and in play, make some great shots, and limit the damage when things go haywire.

My iron play continues to be the streakiest part of my game but luckily my scrambling has been up to the task lately.

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Over this little mini-holiday I've been on I've played some new courses that are freaking tough and so different from what I normally play. On all of them I managed to keep the ball in front of me and in play, make some great shots, and limit the damage when things go haywire.

My iron play continues to be the streakiest part of my game but luckily my scrambling has been up to the task lately.

Good deal Curt. If I had to pick two things going into Legacy I was doing well, it would be tee game and short game.

View attachment 20733
Cookie working with Dave on club selection for certain shots. Seems to be paying off handsomely today. Best round I've seen from Dave.

Last edited:
Well I played another 18 yesterday at the same course that I played earlier in the week but put the pressure on myself to beat my previous score of 89. I felt more comfortable on the tee and hitting full irons than anything. I even hit a 3 wood off the deck for the second time in a week and it was absolutely pured. It left me about a 10 yard pitch for eagle. I got it close enough for a birdie putt which I made. Putting was great, did not three putt once which was huge for me.

My problem though stemmed from me not pitching well at all with the exception of the pitch previously discussed. I think I am going to have to buckle down and get that under control. Couple that struggling on the 4 par 3's yesterday, which is abnormal for me, and I could only muscle out a 92.

Teeing off. Gonna get some!
For those that didn't watch the live round thread, I got some. Won it 2 and 1. Big thanks to #Cookie for advice last time we played and this time.

Played 18 at a course I haven't played before but have been told for years was challenging (Viniterra for Lynchburg),

I agree with you that it is not all the challenging, well I guess that depends on what tees you play. The course is long but wide open off the tee IMO. Hope you liked playing there.

For those that didn't watch the live round thread, I got some. Won it 2 and 1. Big thanks to #Cookie for advice last time we played and this time.
It's a good feeling I'm sure AV, but to take a page from the professional sports type. Bask in the glory of being successful today, but to,morrow starts a new day, and a new day to put the grind train back on its tracks. 3 weeks is nothing, and time is not on our sides any longer.

It's a good feeling I'm sure AV, but to take a page from the professional sports type. Bask in the glory of being successful today, but to,morrow starts a new day, and a new day to put the grind train back on its tracks. 3 weeks is nothing, and time is not on our sides any longer.

Kevin is right, this is no time to be resting on laurels.
For anyone!

now is the time to cap off your hard work, maybe get healthy if prep has given you a couple nagging injuries, and fine tune what you've built.

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be very close!

Back