What inspires you to TRY a new club series?

What inspires you to TRY a new club series?

• Internet/forum member reviews

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Major golf magazine reviews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Television Advertising

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tour Pro use

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Name brand loyalty

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
Well it appears so far that television advertising, major golf magazines, pro choices, and name brand loyalty don't matter. I'm not sure I buy that. Not sure what to think of the poll so far. It is definitely interesting!

Well it appears so far that television advertising, major golf magazines, pro choices, and name brand loyalty don't matter. I'm not sure I buy that. Not sure what to think of the poll so far. It is definitely interesting!

Your question doesnt ask name all of your influences. It asks what influences a THPer the most. No question that coming to THP Events, testing everything under the sun, meeting the people that are reviewing and forum reviews are going to dominate the influence.

THP reviews and feedback from THPers who have similar games to mine are a huge influence. I tend to ignore commercials and articles in magazines

That THP brings the best golf coverage and information anywhere. #TheTruthisTrue

THP reviews and feedback on course if someone happens to be playing the model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP reviews and feedback from THPers who have similar games to mine are a huge influence. I tend to ignore commercials and articles in magazines
I'm the same and actually the original atv testing is what brought me to this site. I wanted info on them that wasn't some bs hot list crap and I got it. I now don't look anywhere else haha

So you are surprised that on an Internet forum with golf reviews the leading selection is Internet forum/reviews?

Your question doesnt ask name all of your influences. It asks what influences a THPer the most. No question that coming to THP Events, testing everything under the sun, meeting the people that are reviewing and forum reviews are going to dominate the influence.

Very true, the poll is interesting. I too flock to our exceptional forum to hear what our brother/sisters think of the available inventory. My initial thoughts are proving to be errant. I figured folks would see a pro using a new club, or the tv or magazines showing off the new stuff would get the juices flowing, or brand specific people just knowing when their stuff comes out, then going out to try it.

Love the feedback and discussions in THP!

ken

Definitley THP feedback from the reviewers and forum members at events. Couple thst with the opportunity to demo clubs first hand on the range of any THP event (by trying other members clubs or the arsenal thst may be on the Tour Van) and you can't get much better info than that.

Third party pro reviews as well as amateur reviews on forums such a THP are what I use to narrow my search for new clubs, balls, ...etc.

Coming to the conclusion that I wanted to step up a bit from my GI X2 Hot irons. Traded them in for XR Pros. These puppies are sweet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If I had to look into a bag and pick a club without knowing anything I'd go by looks and brand. It's always the first thing that jumps at me. But as others have said THP reviews make me wanna try stuff too

I have never bought a club based on what a pro plays, I don't care for golf magazines so I have no idea what's in there and a certain list that comes out every year has some serious flaws in it(take this years info on the Srixon line) and marketing doesn't really convince me otherwise my bag would have to be made up of one OEM.

I have always gone to demo days to try clubs and bought what worked for me. However in the last year since joining THP my purchases some without demoing a club were bought. silly based on THP review and neither of those times was I disappointed. Then throw in 3 events which had equipment from the OEM sponsoring the event and hitting fellow thpers clubs is way better than a demo day and opened my eyes to equipment I would never have considered before

Mostly looks for me, usually something will catch my eye and I'll give it a go.

Probably the main reason are looks. Not so much that I have to absolutely love the looks, but more that a club whose look I don't like goes no further.

That seems a rather shallow thing, but gear today is of a level that I no longer feel the need to spend money on a club that I think is ugly... I can just go on playing what I have. Even when a club is a significant advancement, it won't be long till someone figures out how to build a better looking version.

After that would be reviews and brand.

None of the above, really. I love trying out new clubs, no matter what brand they are, what people are saying about them or what tour pros are using them. If you dont try out all different kinds of clubs, how do you know that the clubs you are playing are your best option?

Hands down 100% THP reviews. Led to the purchase of 90% of my bag.

Looks is what will normally first catches my attention but I always come to THP for the real deal on any club.

All the above can get my attention. I enjoy researching gear. My (dynamic) brand values and real-user feedback probably have the biggest weight. But in the end I don't buy (usually) without trying. I love directly testing equipment. I'm looking for a new driver and the staff at my home course will say things to me like, "you keep keep testing our drivers, are you going to buy one?" At that point, advertising, other user feedback, reviews, buddy advice, and so on don't matter to me. I don't care if what works for me works or not for anyone else, beginner to superstar. I just care if it works for me, and that includes budget. It's a process.

Lots of pages in a THP preview or review thread
This.

I don't care what the press says about clubs, it's impossible to know whether they're getting paid to say it. But if there's a lot of buzz from average Joes in a thread, that gets my interest.

Not a whole lot inspires me to try a new club, as I try to hit everything I can. But I do a lot of research and demo a club several times before buying it, ideally playing with it on the course. Reading input from those with the clubs also helps immensely.

Im the same way. If I am at a store and I see new equipment, I just want to pick it up, grip it and rip it. I love looking at new equipment and testing it out. Demo days are so much fun for me.

Out of these options, THP is by far the biggest thing. But more so is how they perform when I hit them. If I'm going to potentially buy something though that I've never personally hit, it's THP 100%.

Back