What swing thoughts are working for you?

After I get my setup set, I have one thought now. My buddy coined the phrase last night...sloth swing

Lol. It works

Saw a video and it helped me quite a bit. It said to pretend you have the back of a chair resting on your front leg and when you swing the chair should still be there with the back legs of the chair slightly off the ground. Seemed to help me when I remember about it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is currently what I read before the range or a round.... I'll read the first one, then set up and take a couple practice swings. Then the next one, and incorporate in....etc.

It covers all the things I'm trying to improve. 1- Posture/Ball position 2- Shortened Backswing 3- Slower downswing gaining speed with proper release of the club 4- KEEP YOUR MOTHERBLEEPING HEAD DOWN!

a21f227bc934680790bff059c82b758e.jpg

The swing thought that worked best for me with everything today was to make sure I use the hips, both on the back swing and through swing. Hit one of my best drives in a long time doing that and hit several very slid irons shots as well.

I try to maintain the feeling of keeping my right elbow tucked and thus helping me slot the club more efficiently on the downswing.

Right now it is front shoulder up and maintaining a relaxed grip at the start of the swing.

My only swing thought at the moment is "In-bee Park". I start the backswing on "In", hit the top on 'bee", and "Park" is the downswing.

Her swing is so easy and smooth, saying her name is a reminder to go slow and smooth. Well, as slow and smooth as I can.

Don't shank it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine always seem to be like a flavor of the month..... but currently, the big one for me is making sure I start my swing with my lower body.

Mine always seem to be like a flavor of the month..... but currently, the big one for me is making sure I start my swing with my lower body.

can you expand on this? that seems to go against conventional wisdom of keeping the lower body relatively quiet.

can you expand on this? that seems to go against conventional wisdom of keeping the lower body relatively quiet.

downswing....forgot to add "down" to the word swing in my post. My bad. Yes, quiet and stable lower body on the take away. I work on my stretching so that my back swing doesn't drag my lower body with it, but it's not one of my thoughts (I kind of do it naturally). Only thing I focus on currently as my major swing thought is to make sure I start my downswing with my lower body because when I get tired, lazy or lose focus, I tend to get too much hands going and my lower body doesn't turn...... I always struggled with bad pushes.

Isn't the "lower body quiet" more of a recent development in regard to swing technique? I watch the clips of older golfers and it looks like they are doing "The Charleston" in some of them.

Isn't the "lower body quiet" more of a recent development in regard to swing technique? I watch the clips of older golfers and it looks like they are doing "The Charleston" in some of them.

i think you're right about that. i also think it's interesting to watch old golf coverage and look at how those guys finished. the reverse c looks ridiculously painful on the back, and guys don't do that as much these days. personally i think it has to do with different equipment design in heads, shafts and golf balls, but i don't really have any scientific basis for that opinion.

I think it is, I've heard the term "Modern Swing" used and they refer to this torqueing or delta of twist between the upper and lower body....but I don't know, just guessing

Backswing thought is "turn front shoulder over back foot toes".

Downswing thought is "pause, pull butt to the ball with both hands".

One thought in each direction, and those two thoughts/moves have been helping everything else sort of line up.

I am working on keeping the right heel down until after impact and actually turning against the lower body, I think that is actually a normal swing that I have NOT been doing forever. For some reason I got it in my head to turn the hips as I was making my downswing and it created (or helped) the OTT move I have been famous for.

Today I struggled a bit with it and found a draw at the worst times, but I do see a great improvement in ball striking and Driver distance so baby steps....again.

Back