Yeti vs. Rtic soft coolers

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've had a Yeti Hopper 30 cooler for a while and recently picked up RTIC Softpak 30 cooler and the quality and function it is every bit as good as the Yeti at a much more reasonable price. I actually like the shape of the RTIC better as it's rectangular opening is easier to access and see what's in the cooler. They claim 30 cans plus ice but I like more ice so 22-24 cans is about right for the way I pack it. I'm going to pick up the smaller 20 can version as well for a travel cooler.

If anyone is thinking of picking up a premium cooler I can wholeheartedly recommend the RTIC.

I have the 30 oz RTIC cup and it works just as well as my Yeti cup, so not surprised the cooler is good too.

Agree. You buy a Yeti to impress others. You buy an RTIC to impress yourself.

I'm actually looking at the RTIC 20 can version right now. I have several Yeti products, but all my co-workers use RTIC and they all say they are just as nice, so I'm about to hop on board and get one for myself.

Also try the Ozark Trail "cups" the Wal-Mart brand, works just as well as the Yetis or any of the other brands. Plus they have a 40oz one if you really like coffee in the morning. When I picked up mine the other day, also saw they have some soft coolers there as well, I'd imagine for the price worth a shot for sure.

I have the same RTIC as you, and I love it. Worth every penny, IMO.

Also try the Ozark Trail "cups" the Wal-Mart brand, works just as well as the Yetis or any of the other brands. Plus they have a 40oz one if you really like coffee in the morning. When I picked up mine the other day, also saw they have some soft coolers there as well, I'd imagine for the price worth a shot for sure.

My wife and I have several of these, plus Yeti's and I'll say the same as mielke that these rock. Our extended family is hooked as well. Not too bad for about 1/3 of the price. Also sounds like RTIC aren't a bad option and I'm in need of a newer travel cooler so I'm going to check those out also.

RTIC all the way. I love mine and got all my groomsmen some for wedding gifts.

I have a yeti hopper 30 I got as a gift and like. The zipper is tough to open and reaching in the narrow top gets old. If I was paying for it, I would get one of the rtics that in my opinion have a better zipper design or try one of the Ozark trails that my local WM has for $48

RTIC's products are impressive and highly underrated. Yeti is nothing more than a name that was made famous by Duck Dynasty.

I have a Yeti Roadie 20 that was given to me and I would never buy one of these things for what they charge. They're heavy, the capacity is pathetic and for a beer cooler that you're going to be in and out of a lot it's completely worthless. You might as well buy a cheap coleman for the same thing.

Now as far as Yeti vs. Rtic I have experience with both and I can honestly say the Rtic is just as good if not better than Yeti with just about everything. Their tumbler's, coolers, cups etc... are all basically the same at a fraction of the price. Yeti was a fad in my opinion and now the competition has come up with a better alternative at a cheaper price.

I have a yeti hopper 30 I got as a gift and like. The zipper is tough to open and reaching in the narrow top gets old. If I was paying for it, I would get one of the rtics that in my opinion have a better zipper design or try one of the Ozark trails that my local WM has for $48

Did your Yeti came with lubricant for the zipper? My RTIC did, and I use it on the zipper every once and a while and makes it much easier to open/close.

Did your Yeti came with lubricant for the zipper? My RTIC did, and I use it on the zipper every once and a while and makes it much easier to open/close.
It did, just not sure where it is now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It did, just not sure where it is now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Any silicone dry type lube from and auto parts store will work fine.

it depends on what you like. if it's cheap and robust, sure Rtic fits the bill but if you are about class and quality - Yeti is your perfect choice. But it all depends on what you like. You can check some of cheap cooler reviews

We actually use an Ozark brand one from Walmart for our tournaments.

We actually use an Ozark brand one from Walmart for our tournaments.

We’ve got one for the beach. No issues holding ice all day including the many many times I reach for a cold beverage.

We got a Hopper 40 when my wife spied a last year's version at Home Goods. With coupons and what not, we got it for about 60% off. The only way I would have bought it, but they are in deed amazing i nterms of how cold they keep things. If we get another, I will look hard at both RTIC and Ozark.

In Field and Stream the other say Hi was looking over the Yeto collection and good god was it pricey. Sure quality stuff but wow!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We got a Hopper 40 when my wife spied a last year's version at Home Goods. With coupons and what not, we got it for about 60% off. The only way I would have bought it, but they are in deed amazing i nterms of how cold they keep things. If we get another, I will look hard at both RTIC and Ozark.

I’ve got cups from both and the Ozark soft side cooler. They may not be as good as the yeti, but for the price difference I’m willing to “lower” my expectations.

the new otterbox coolers look pretty cool. they have accessories like cup holders and cutting boards which I can see coming in handy for camping.

About a month ago I ordered a 20qrt ORCA cooler from this resource unfortunately it was listed on the tracking as delivered, but nowhere to be found. Amazon took care of it and gave me a refund so I ordered another only this time I got the 26qrt as they were out of the 20qrt. I took the cooler straight from the box and sat it by my chair in the living room.

Last edited:

+1 on the Ozark Trail "cups!" As good or better than the Yeti for a small fraction of the cost. I'll have to try their coolers!!!

Back