Yeti vs. Rtic soft coolers

I bought Yeti Hopper Flip 18s for my wife and each of the kids for Christmas. They are not the bag type, but rectangular like a regular small cooler. They are much lighter and more convenient than the hard Yetis, are completely leakproof and keep things cold for a long time. Personally, I wouldn’t have the bag coolers. I want to see inside when I’m grabbing something. These were a big hit with the family.

I have several Yeti and Rtic Tumblers. There is definitely a difference between them. The Yeti tumblers are heavier. They also probably hold ice just t little longer. I don't think they are enough better to justify the cost difference though.

I believe Rtic was started by a former Yeti founder or higher up. He believed in the product, but also believed they were gouging their customers on price so he started Rtic. I could be wrong, but I thought I read this somewhere.

I have the RTIC 30. Our family loves it. Works great out on the lake or any other situation. Can’t imagine getting an extra $70-$80 worth of value from a Yeti.

RTIC is really good and i like the savings. We've had one for a while and we like it a lot.

Back