Cost no object fitting

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
I thought it might be fun to go to club champion and see what distance and accuracy benefits could be achieved with a cost as no object driver fitting. Unlikely I would buy, but it might be a fun afternoon and who knows; I might find my driver is perfect, or I might find if I open the wallet I can see some gains.

Anyone done this? Was it a good experience and did the fitters find some magic?

Calling Rambler.....

I never enter ANY situation letting a seller know that money is no object. It doesn't matter what actually fits you best, you'll be walking out with (or pointed to) the most expensive set up possible.

I never enter ANY situation letting a seller know that money is no object. It doesn't matter what actually fits you best, you'll be walking out with (or pointed to) the most expensive set up possible.

You should probably find a better class of folks.

To the OP, I've done it twice and bought once. It was a pretty low stress exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never done Club Champion, but I have done the Tour Van fitting at PgaSS. There was no pressure and I had a great time. Enjoy!

I've gone through 3 full bag fittings at Club Champion and enjoyed it each time. I didn't say anything about money or buying/not buying. I wasn't pushed to buy anything, only given the recommended clubs/shafts on a spec sheet. I've never bought anything from them because they are overpriced. I have access to my own club building tools, so the piece of mind knowing that the clubs are to spec isn't an issue to me or worth their added price. If you don't have access to the right tools though it may be worth it to you to have any clubs you order built by them.

Just did this last month. Full bag fitting. Wonderful experience and no stress or pressure. The result obviously was not 'pre-determined'. The driver and putter in my bag was already optimum. Got a big step up on the irons. 10-15% more distance and a dispersion pattern that improved by 3-4x. Healthy improvement in fairway metal and hybrids too.

Appreciate the feedback. Im fairly confident my driver is a good fit, so a good fitting with no purchase pressure is a good thing. If not hinge else, I expect to learn something and have a fun afternoon doing golf stuff. I'll let everyone know how I make out.

I've done a couple fittings at the Callaway Performance Center near me - I've got a thread on it, but cant' find it on mobile. I've had a good experience both times and didn't found the fitter to be pushier towards the more expensive stuff at all. In fact, he steered me towards the cheaper option as the results were basically the same. And in one case, we even decided to stick with my current driver, which was already fit and the results were close. Not quite the full boutique fitting, but still not the cheapest fitting out there at $150.

i have only done club champion once, and i did not feel pressured to buy. their prices were laughable, and ultimately i did not take any of their recommendations.

Back