High End Putter Comparison

As someone who has never owned a custom/high-end putter (but will be in the market for one soon), I have often wondered how you guys go about trying them? A lot of them are not easily available to look at or try out, so do you guys judge it on the basis of photos and research?

The only putter I have seen in shops around here are the Scotty's.

A custom made Scotty/Betti/Tyson Lamb will run you well over the price for a Byron. In my opinion, what you are paying for is the time of a craftsman to build exactly what you want. Feel is very subjective and can be altered by changing material, milling pattern, face thickness etc. If I want a clicky putter it can be made, it I want a soft feel, it can be made. Roll can be equal on any of the putters if properly fit.

Can anyone give some more info on Byron putters? I like the shape of the 711 but it looks similar to the shape of many of his other putters. What are the subtle differences in the head shapes? There isnt any info on the shapes on his site, just pictures (which all look the same). Anyone roll a 711 or another Byron they could recommend? Thanks!

It's funny but I'm not into spending more than $300 for a putter which excludes the high end custom stuff.

I have no problems spending 2,000 or more on a shotgun but with putters I can always find something I love for under $300. I guess it's form over function or looks for me. I've improved my putting a bit by going to a high MOI putter, currently the TM Daddy Long Legs 2.0 with some added perimeter weight. Very few if any of the high-end putters have gone the high MOI(over 7,000) route with their design.

Bettinardi, but if stock, I'd look out for models 3-5 years back, I think there's better looking putters than the most recent years.

It's funny but I'm not into spending more than $300 for a putter which excludes the high end custom stuff.

I have no problems spending 2,000 or more on a shotgun but with putters I can always find something I love for under $300. I guess it's form over function or looks for me. I've improved my putting a bit by going to a high MOI putter, currently the TM Daddy Long Legs 2.0 with some added perimeter weight. Very few if any of the high-end putters have gone the high MOI(over 7,000) route with their design.

Yeh I think the Toulon Indianapolis and possibly Scotty Cameron Futura X? Anyone roll these?

Thanks for all the help guys! Decided to go with a custom made murdered out Machine M2A with gunsmith black finish, black shaft, black grip, black screws and medallion, single topline site line, and black headcover. Just got delivered today, can't wait to roll it!

Ah geez... what do I do to make it to where the photos will load? Worked on other sites

Can't comment on other sites, but this is a photobucket issue. THP offers direct hosting or you can use your oen

Back