Samsung QLED TV's

anthony18_7

Go Blue
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone purchased or experienced one of these TV's? I have been looking at purchasing one because I am a Samsung fan and the discount I can get on these through my company is awesome but I like to hear reviews from people who may have one. Anyone?!

I own last years 2016 model all is good and uhd is great, but if your looking for a good HDR TV look at the oled screens no led screen will compare to it

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

IMO, it's OLED or bust at this point.

While I agree that OLED is the future and the black levels are outstanding, I can't get past the prices of OLED TV's nor am I willing to buy anything LG as I've had horrible experiences with them before. Obviously Sony is a great company that makes OLED now but paying in the $3,000 neighborhood for a TV just isn't in the cards for me.

The QLED I can get for under $2,000 and for my viewing needs it looks excellent to me. Plus, I am partial to Samsung since I have the phone, tablet, and appliances.

While I agree that OLED is the future and the black levels are outstanding, I can't get past the prices of OLED TV's nor am I willing to buy anything LG as I've had horrible experiences with them before. Obviously Sony is a great company that makes OLED now but paying in the $3,000 neighborhood for a TV just isn't in the cards for me.

The QLED I can get for under $2,000 and for my viewing needs it looks excellent to me. Plus, I am partial to Samsung since I have the phone, tablet, and appliances.
Wait until Black Friday if you can. I'd bet we see $1500-$2000 OLED.

I have a Samsung Plasma that I absolutely love. The samusng LED? Different story. It has all the downsides of an LED TV to me

I got my 65" LG OLED for 2400.00.

We just had a request for 15 of these on a trade show a few weeks back. Bought them and rented to client. Badass screens

Wait until Black Friday if you can. I'd bet we see $1500-$2000 OLED.

I have a Samsung Plasma that I absolutely love. The samusng LED? Different story. It has all the downsides of an LED TV to me

I currently have a Panasonic Viera Plasma that is a fantastic TV... when it's dark. I love plasma but I am tired of the reflection that it has, plus it puts out a lot of heat and kills my electric bill. I am ready for an upgrade and the QLED has my interest. I've thought about waiting until Black Friday but I am too impulsive. :banghead:

We just had a request for 15 of these on a trade show a few weeks back. Bought them and rented to client. Badass screens
Nothing touches them right now and it's not close

I currently have a Panasonic Viera Plasma that is a fantastic TV... when it's dark. I love plasma but I am tired of the reflection that it has, plus it puts out a lot of heat and kills my electric bill. I am ready for an upgrade and the QLED has my interest. I've thought about waiting until Black Friday but I am too impulsive. :banghead:
I get that. I have golf clubs to prove the impulse buying. Thankfully they are not $2k+ each. Lol

To me a TV is a multiple year "investment". My plasma will stick around until it does personally. Yes it gets warm and draws electricity but the picture is unbeatable by any LED on the market. That to me is priceless.

I'd wait and see what LG and Sony do for Black Friday personally. Might save you money and you'll have a better product

I get that. I have golf clubs to prove the impulse buying. Thankfully they are not $2k+ each. Lol

To me a TV is a multiple year "investment". My plasma will stick around until it does personally. Yes it gets warm and draws electricity but the picture is unbeatable by any LED on the market. That to me is priceless.

I'd wait and see what LG and Sony do for Black Friday personally. Might save you money and you'll have a better product

It's nice to hear from someone who believes in Plasma like I do. I have always believed Plasma technology was underrated and/or not given the respect that it deserved. When I bought my current TV, Panasonic Plasma was king but LED was gaining steam. Now Plasma is a washed up technology but I still love it, especially when it's dark. That's the drawback for me is the fact that it reflects EVERYTHING and it drives me crazy. At night, though, you won't find better color in a TV.

The qled range out now are great wcg is superb on 4k but upscaled you will have to turn down some settings or you will notice some imperfections I went for a curved screen and it has reduced the reflection in light days, the one connect for all your cables is a good feature but if you can wait and save uo a little more go for a oled you won't regret it

It's nice to hear from someone who believes in Plasma like I do. I have always believed Plasma technology was underrated and/or not given the respect that it deserved. When I bought my current TV, Panasonic Plasma was king but LED was gaining steam. Now Plasma is a washed up technology but I still love it, especially when it's dark. That's the drawback for me is the fact that it reflects EVERYTHING and it drives me crazy. At night, though, you won't find better color in a TV.

Plasma TV's have been the gold standard for videophiles for a very long time. The top tier UHD OLED's finally caught up and in few models over $6,000, have surpassed the best plasma TV's with black levels and picture quality just in the last couple years. I have a couple 65VT60 Panasonic plasmas from 2012 and honestly have no reason to replace them as the best of the new UHD OLED's are only slightly better. The limiting factor in my home is the quality of the DirecTV signal(which is better than the cable signal my neighbors have) as I rarely watch a 4K Blu-Ray movie at home.

My next TV will be one of the new 4k projection TVs, probably one from JVC or Sony. I've recently seen the amazing picture quality they can project on a 120" screen and was very impressed. If you have the space, nothing is more realistic for sports or movies than a 10 foot image in 4K.

The top of the line led tv's are amazing, HDR content which is limited right now to mostly streaming and blue ray is amazing on led and OLED tv's. I have experience with both. The OLED is superior when I compare my current two tv's, one is a plasma, the other is a 2016 lg OLED. Both are very good for normal tv signals via cable or direct. OLED looks much better though because of the way the screen actually works, individual pixels which open and close individually, it makes a diff.

HDR content is where it's at and where the industry is going. Either tv will be awesome, but eventually OLED will be what everybody has.

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy last years LG OLED and you will be super happy with the price and the picture!

Well I took all of your advice, despite my past experience with LG, and purchased an OLED TV. I found a 55" for a crazy good deal and I pulled the trigger. Hopefully it is as good as advertised!

Iv never been a fan of lg but they are packed with features my personal 2 favs are smart IPTV and Plex

Here is the latest info on the best

link wouldnt work, so try avsforum.com for the 2017 results.

Well I took all of your advice, despite my past experience with LG, and purchased an OLED TV. I found a 55" for a crazy good deal and I pulled the trigger. Hopefully it is as good as advertised!
Awesome you will love it! Next purchase a roku or another streaming device which can distribute 4K/HDR. Look forward to hearing your opinions!

I guess my biggest beef is how far TV's are ahead of the broadcasting in terms of quality. I struggle to accept the price tag for something that wont even be utilized until its available for 30% of the initial cost

I guess my biggest beef is how far TV's are ahead of the broadcasting in terms of quality. I struggle to accept the price tag for something that wont even be utilized until its available for 30% of the initial cost

Us too. Great picture on these, but if you speak to most broadcasters, they are jumping to 8k for certain things. I fear the 4K bubble (which is a shame) and we have not updated because of that. My monitor is 5K, and its nice too. We have a thread on it somewhere (4k stuff).

Us too. Great picture on these, but if you speak to most broadcasters, they are jumping to 8k for certain things. I fear the 4K bubble (which is a shame) and we have not updated because of that. My monitor is 5K, and its nice too. We have a thread on it somewhere (4k stuff).

I have a 65" 4K UHD and feel like i never see anything in 4K

I have a 65" 4K UHD and feel like i never see anything in 4K

There is a THPer that I want to say shoots for ESPN and he said they have basically skipped over it. Its a tough call. These sets look fantastic (although I do like other brands as well), but spend now or wait to see what broadcasters put out. I made the jump to digital and HD as an early adopter and had a giant Mitsu Platinum Series and early Panny Plasma that cost me a fortune. THey got jumped with in a year or two to 1080p it felt like.

There is a THPer that I want to say shoots for ESPN and he said they have basically skipped over it. Its a tough call. These sets look fantastic (although I do like other brands as well), but spend now or wait to see what broadcasters put out. I made the jump to digital and HD as an early adopter and had a giant Mitsu Platinum Series and early Panny Plasma that cost me a fortune. THey got jumped with in a year or two to 1080p it felt like.

Thats a shame. After doing some research on my TV it looks like its not a true 4K tv but more along the lines of 3K or true UHD. Whatever lol its still ahead of whats being broadcasted. I was told that there are moving being filmed in 8K already so it sounds like things are going to make another leap

8k tv's are not even close to being produced. 8k sports recordings are being done for archival reasons. Recording them in 8k now will allow the content to be shown when viewing the historical programs in 8k later when tv tech is different from today. When we watch an old golf show today, it's in 4.3, low res, this is something broadcasters want to prevent in the future. This Is the information i heard from a few of the tech podcasts I listen to, it makes sense.

Back