Where would you choose to live and raise a family?

Those rates are very similar to the Club Corp deal I had in FL.
$169 a month for all you can golf. No food minimum, range and locker were included and guest rate was $49 for 18 and $25 for 9.
Plus they had 4 clubs with in 20 miles and you had rights at all 4 and each course (outside of one) had more than 18 holes.

Im sure you are right, for the area, its probably a fantastic price, considering lack of competition, etc.

Yeah that's the thing about the Midwest, this is the newest country club for Toledo and it was built in 1968 lol so it's an area that hasn't grown in a long time. I have reciprocity with a few of the Toledo ones but not the two big ones which are both caddie only and incredibly steep

The gulf area of Texas. Cost of living is very nice, no state income tax, plenty of work. Plenty of golf options as well.

Boise, Idaho. The best 12 month climate I've lived in the USA outside of California.

It's clean, quiet, and a great place to raise a family. It's also very affordable. The thing most people don't realize about Boise is the fantastic climate. Summer days are long and hot (mid 90's no humidity). While summer nights cool into the 60's or 70's. Winters typically have about a 2 week stretch where temps don't rise above freezing. Winters have dry, sunny weather with 45-50 degree daytime temps which is not bad for golf. Bad winters will prevent golf for a stretch of about 4-6 weeks.

Also, crime is virtually non-existent.

Boise, Idaho. The best 12 month climate I've lived in the USA outside of California.

It's clean, quiet, and a great place to raise a family. It's also very affordable. The thing most people don't realize about Boise is the fantastic climate. Summer days are long and hot (mid 90's no humidity). While summer nights cool into the 60's or 70's. Winters typically have about a 2 week stretch where temps don't rise above freezing. Winters have dry, sunny weather with 45-50 degree daytime temps which is not bad for golf. Bad winters will prevent golf for a stretch of about 4-6 weeks.

GG and I looked into Boise quite a bit. Cost of living was not although low in our searching, but the climate is solid.

Hard to beat North Carolina. I plan on ending up there.

Have you heard about the shark attack epidemic?

But that being said, NC is nice. I've been and actually spent time in almost all 50 states (Not just driven through it and claim to have been there) and as was posted at the beginning, there's something nice everywhere so it just depends on what lights your fire. If you like beaches and warm sunshine, Minnesota's not going to be for you. If you love fishing and snowmobiles, then MN is a great place. I live in MO now and really like it, but I have to admit, I get itchy feet. I'm probably only still here because I don't need to move on a whim and I don't need to uproot my kids from school and friends. Oldest has graduated high school, youngest is 3 years away. When he graduates, we'll see what happens then. By then I may decide I'm close enough to retirement to not mess with selling a house, relocating and buying another one. Time will tell.

GG and I looked into Boise quite a bit. Cost of living was not although low in our searching, but the climate is solid.

Housing is higher than FLA or TX, but day-to-day living is incredibly affordable. Utilities cost next to nothing and food prices are very good given the presence of the Winco chain.

Also, health care is fantastic with St. Judes in the entire area.

Housing is higher than FLA or TX, but day-to-day living is incredibly affordable. Utilities cost next to nothing and food prices are very good given the presence of the Winco chain.

Also, health care is fantastic with St. Judes in the entire area.

One of the reasons we stopped was that with higher housing and higher taxes, it was really going to raise our yearly expenses. Golf was considerably more expensive too.

But outside of costs, we liked a lot about it.

I very much enjoy the Ooltewah area

Would that be cause of the Honors? :alien:

It's starting to get get a little "too big for it britches" with the addition of the VW plant. There are now a ton of people looking to live in the area. Making it super crowded with out the infrastructure in place. I work in Collegedale at McKee Foods (aka Little Debbie Snacks), but live in Ringgold GA, so I get to avoid the area via back roads.

One of the reasons we stopped was that with higher housing and higher taxes, it was really going to raise our yearly expenses. Golf was considerably more expensive too.

But outside of costs, we liked a lot about it.

You're right about housing though compared to the west coast it's very, very cheap.

You must live in FLA. I always felt the quality of golf combined with the cost in Boise was very good. For instance, when in town, I buy the $399 players card at Falcon Crest and can walk 9 for $6 or ride for $16. Plus, there's nothing like bent grass.

Charlotte is wonderful, just north of the city it's a little more traditional in values, home prices are very reasonable as is rent for quality living, the weather is pretty darn nice with lots of sun, and the people are really nice. Several decent courses all throughout the area.

Second would be Tampa and anywhere north of it, such good golf, a decent economy, good people, and weather that is beautiful.

If you're good with the cold come to the Midwest. WI and IL are both great. Tell you one thing though when my kids are grown I'm going somewhere where I don't have to see snow anymore LOL

The Florida panhandle (Pensacola to Tallahassee). No state income tax, very good public schools in several areas, not over crowded, plenty of golf courses, etc.

With everywhere I have traveled for work I have yet to find somewhere I love as much as where I am. I live in Essexville MI and I love it. Far enough in the country that I have some property yet close enough to the city that everything is accessible and I have all the creature comforts of it. To me its the best of both worlds. We have good schools and a good community.

Also, while I said Pennsylvania, my wife says we're going to live in Montana when I retire from the Army. I'm OK with that, I think.

The Florida panhandle (Pensacola to Tallahassee). No state income tax, very good public schools in several areas, not over crowded, plenty of golf courses, etc.
Low low cost of living too.

Not Iowa .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree with this. I'd say not Eastern Iowa. It's more Illinois than Iowa.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

I'm kind of partial to Heber City, UT. Close to some great skiing and golf courses. San Diego is nice, but damned expensive to live and work, but I was born here.

I live at the Jersey Shore and have done so my whole life and love it. However I do the the Outer Banks of NC and if my job allowed I would more than likely move there.

I'm very anti cold weather, so most northern places are a no go for me. I am biased but love the Tampa area, cost of living is reasonable, and looks even better with no income tax. If I was going to be cold, Colorado is amazing and I think would be an amazing place to grow up, so many outdoor activities to be involved in.

Tampa is a top 5 place location for me as well. Miss it so much.

El Paso, Texas. Cost of living is great and the weather even better. Schools are okay but not great.

I don't know much about the different parts of the USA but off the top of my head I'd say Nashville, San Diego, or somewhere around Seattle.

If you're coming to Cali, stay away from any of the big cities - and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here. Just that moving here from nearly anywhere else in the country is a sticker shock one cannot really express. Maybe SLO or Santa Barbara/Ventura, but even then, kinda expensive. My friends swear by Nashville but I'm more swayed by Florida.

If you're coming to Cali, stay away from any of the big cities - and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here. Just that moving here from nearly anywhere else in the country is a sticker shock one cannot really express. Maybe SLO or Santa Barbara/Ventura, but even then, kinda expensive. My friends swear by Nashville but I'm more swayed by Florida.
The single beauty of Vancouver is that anywhere else in the world is less expensive ha-ha.

Back