So This Happened Yesterday

Sighansen

Reaction score
Handicap
My drives usually have a slight fade to them, which is fine, it's how I play off the tee. Have adjusted for it over the years. Then yesterday my drives went straight for 150-170 yards then sliced severely most of the time. So bad, that twice I went into the parallel fairway. On top of that it seemed to take about 20-30 yards off my drives.

So as usually, I went through my things to correct it, however, nothing worked. Check grip, alignment in set up, early release, coming over the top, check if I was leaving club face open, on and on. Nothing worked.

I'm assuming that these fixes have worked in the past or you would not have tried them, correct?

The coming over the top is something I struggled with when I first started, so that is something that comes and goes. The other fixes were from the peanut gallery I was playing with...

I would try posting a video of your swing Sighansen. Freddie can do wonders. He really helped me personally. A video of directly behind you would be a good start

Thanks for the responses. Went to the range today and no issues. If I have it to return, I'll get someone to video it and post it up. The only thing I can come up with is that I was just tired, mentally more than physically. I know when I'm not focused in or tired I tend to sway a little in backswing. Which the irony is when I don't have it mentally, I can't get a sense of what I'm doing wrong.

Back