Pacific Northwest Get Together - May/June/July, 2015

Great info DRR - I like the idea of north Tacoma, maybe the family can do the zoo while we play.

FWIW, a morning round sounds good to me., frees me up for other early afternoon family activities.

I know Jaysfan is 100% in, so that makes 3 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great info DRR - I like the idea of north Tacoma, maybe the family can do the zoo while we play.

FWIW, a morning round sounds good to me., frees me up for other early afternoon family activities.

I know Jaysfan is 100% in, so that makes 3 of us.

I'm pretty sure SkiBum is in as well. Here's the park with the Zoo & Aquarium:

http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/point-defiance-park

I'm questionable at best right now. I'd plan this one without me.

My "post-Legacy" to-do list is piling up real quick and taking another weekend off probably won't fly.

Great info Rosen, I plan on taking the ferry I think to enjoy the puget sound area. I have already booked off the time so I may be eggar

Sorry I've been MIA gents, Ben on vacation in Cali in a house with no Internet access all week! I'm pretty close to 100%, but will confirm once I'm back in Bellingham next week.

Jonathan, morning of 8/8 should be fine, what time would you need to play? I'm guessing no later than 930 to make sure we can finish?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I would really like to play as well. I feel like I don't know you guys as well as you all know each other but would be a good chance to meet you all!

I am down for 18 or 36. May I join?

Gold Mountain - Olympic is great, The Home Course or Washington National (University of Washington's home course) are worth considering as well in my opinion.

Also for those in Tacoma with Family, the Chihuly Museum of Glass is a cool spot to visit as well in Tacoma.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I would really like to play as well. I feel like I don't know you guys as well as you all know each other but would be a good chance to meet you all!

Gold Mountain - Olympic is great, The Home Course or Washington National (University of Washington's home course) are worth considering as well in my opinion.

Also for those in Tacoma with Family, the Chihuly Museum of Glass is a cool spot to visit as well in Tacoma.

It would be great to have you join up with us. So far thats 4 of us I think. Solid group for a fun evening.

Absolutely 100% yes!

Here's where I think we stand so far.

Morning Round:
Skibum
DrRosenRosen
Jaysfan
T4K
mhroche

Afternoon Round:
Skibum
Jaysfan
mhroche

InTheRough will join us for some or all of this after getting good news from the doc. (Power of positive thinking)

Invites are out to several Portlanders and c0ncept, who I think should be back up here in the PNW in time to join us. TBD on all of them.

Here's where I think we stand so far.

Morning Round:
Skibum
DrRosenRosen
Jaysfan
T4K
mhroche

Afternoon Round:
Skibum
Jaysfan
mhroche

InTheRough will join us for some or all of this after getting good news from the doc. (Power of positive thinking)

Invites are out to several Portlanders and c0ncept, who I think should be back up here in the PNW in time to join us. TBD on all of them.

That sounds like it will be a very solid turnout, looking forward to meeting you all. May be my last time teeing it up in the PNW too. What a way to go out . Cheers to the memories

So I doubt I can swing two rounds, but one is definitely in the cards - just need to figure out whether my girlfriend and I will make a weekend out of it or not. Will keep posted. What you said sounds about right to me though as far as attendees, Frank. Are we agreed on Gold Mountain Olympic, or do we want to suggest Home Course/Washington National like mhroche suggested? I don't know much about either, but I've heard good things about the Home Course.

That sounds like it will be a very solid turnout, looking forward to meeting you all. May be my last time teeing it up in the PNW too. What a way to go out . Cheers to the memories

Whoa wait, what is this?? Are you moving bro??

I know nothing about any of the courses so I'm good with whatever everyone else prefers. We'll have fun no matter what.

PS - we have a nibble from a 6th player. I can't seem to respond to c0ncept via text, but it appears he's interested. Now if I could just get a couple of the newer Portland THPers to come along we could fill out two foresomes :)

All 3 courses are great tracks. Golf Mountain is generally considered one of the 3 best public courses in WA (along with Gamble Sands and Chambers Bay). The Home Course was used in the 2010 Amateur. WA National is fun but will be expensive on a weekend. Home Course will be about the same price as GM.

If guys are playing 36, I would think Gold Mountain because it has 36 holes.

All 3 courses are great tracks. Golf Mountain is generally considered one of the 3 best public courses in WA (along with Gamble Sands and Chambers Bay). The Home Course was used in the 2010 Amateur. WA National is fun but will be expensive on a weekend. Home Course will be about the same price as GM.

If guys are playing 36, I would think Gold Mountain because it has 36 holes.

Agreed...if anyone is playing 36 then Gold Mountain for sure. The Olympic course was tough last time I played it! I vote gold mountain, but it might be a little more inconvenient for anyone making a weekend of things due to location.

Agreed...if anyone is playing 36 then Gold Mountain for sure. The Olympic course was tough last time I played it! I vote gold mountain, but it might be a little more inconvenient for anyone making a weekend of things due to location.

If we're making a weekend of it, I'm all for Gold Mountain, as my girlfriend would want to go to the Olympic peninsula anyways. Home Course would make it easier for me if it was just a day trip though. I'll float the question tonight and see if she's interested or if I'm flying solo for a round.

We are officially up to 6 players - c0ncept is joining us.

now for those pesky newer Portland THPers...

We are officially up to 6 players - c0ncept is joining us.

now for those pesky newer Portland THPers...

Will be glad to meet c0ncept, missed him when y'all played Chambers last winter. Portland THPers get yo shiz together!!

bendalbay is heading to the Gauntlet. Can't think of a better way to get some prep in that tee'ing it up with regional THPers.

I have played The Home Course many times and I love it. My second favorite in WA after Salish Cliffs.

I have played The Home Course many times and I love it. My second favorite in WA after Salish Cliffs.
Come on out and join us on the 8th.

Hmm very interested in this. Have to discuss it with my very pregnant wife though. Pushing it already with the Gauntlet 6 weeks before due date!

Hmm very interested in this. Have to discuss it with my very pregnant wife though. Pushing it already with the Gauntlet 6 weeks before due date!

It would be great to have you. Congrats to upcoming member of the family. Enjoy the Gauntlet, that will be trully epic.

Tentatively put me down. I think after talking with the wife that it'll be ok, but I'm just gonna say tentatively for now.

I am hoping I can be settled that I can make the 8th. :crossing my fingers::

Back