Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anthony18_7

Go Blue
Reaction score
Handicap
I know most of you have mixed bags but if you had to pick ONLY ONE manufacturer of irons/woods/wedges to outfit your bag with, who would it be and why?

Geez. I would say Titleist I think, but I'm not too crazy about their irons tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I know most of you have mixed bags but if you had to pick ONLY ONE manufacturer of irons/woods/wedges to outfit your bag with, who would it be and why?

If you're including putter as well, then you can't beat Titleist. Ping makes some solid stuff as does Callaway. Lately, Cobra stuff has felt great to me. I wanna try their wedges. Just bout and f7 driver and 3 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer my own question, I would choose Taylormade for the reason that it is all I have ever played with and it is the company I have grown to love. My bag is full of Taylormade equipment now all the way down to the ball and glove.

Callaway. Club type selection across the board covers all types of golfer, great wedges for both advanced/beginners, and one heck of a putter offering with Odyssey.

I like Taylormade, however my experiences this week have this thought trending in a different direction.

Titleist, they have it all. Yet I game zero clubs from them.

I would roll with Callaway across the board.

Callaway. Club type selection across the board covers all types of golfer, great wedges for both advanced/beginners, and one heck of a putter offering with Odyssey.

This is my feeling as well

I would pick Callaway for the breadth of line, technology and company culture.

I'd go with Callaway as my first choice and Titleist second.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Would have to go with Callaway. Good variety of high quality equipment.

Callaway with PING in a super-close second. They both have gear up and down the line that I like and could fill an entire bag with.

I've been a TaylorMade fan for a few years now. My brother had TM clubs so when I was looking for a driver upgrade several years ago, I ended up with a 2007 Burner. I've since bought TM irons, 3W, wedge and another driver.

Without a doubt.

Cleveland/Srixon. The wedge slot pulls me in this direction.

Cobra. They are so under the radar and their whole lineup is really, really strong. They have several really good iron sets to choose from and their woods/hybrids have been great for years. Even their wedges have got some great feedback on the forum. Plus the people at Cobra are just awesome!

Titleist. They have the most complete options from woods to putters IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cobra. They are so under the radar and their whole lineup is really, really strong. They have several really good iron sets to choose from and their woods/hybrids have been great for years. Even their wedges have got some great feedback on the forum. Plus the people at Cobra are just awesome!

I totally agree. Never gave them a shot. I used to smack my dad's old king cobra back in 04-06 range. Finally got fitted with a driver and I pulled the trigger on an F7 Driver and 3W. I'm curious to try the wedges as well. I'm shopping for some now an bought a used mack daddy. May take it back and try the cobra one. What is the name of their wedge you prefer?

I'm wishing Cleveland would go back to a full line.

I'm wishing Cleveland would go back to a full line.

I used to have one of their half moon mallet putters. Loved it. Until I bit the bullet and traded it in for a Scotty.

if you would let me mix cleveland and srixon, that's who i would pick. i would have picked cobra because their woods, hybrids and irons are fire right now, but i'm not in love with their wedges and no putters. bridgestone was a possibility, but again the putter problem. so even though they're not in any slot in my bag, i went with callaway. great woods and hybrids, great irons, great wedges, and great putters.

I totally agree. Never gave them a shot. I used to smack my dad's old king cobra back in 04-06 range. Finally got fitted with a driver and I pulled the trigger on an F7 Driver and 3W. I'm curious to try the wedges as well. I'm shopping for some now an bought a used mack daddy. May take it back and try the cobra one. What is the name of their wedge you prefer?

The Cobra King Pur wedge. It's one of the best looking wedges on the market and based on reviews it really performs. I'd take a look at this thread for some more information about them.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?90447-Cobra-King-PŪR-Wedges

For me it's a toss up between Callaway and PING, in terms of my preferences over the years. I tend to prefer Callaway drivers and fairways, and the Apex/MD3 combo has been working great for me. So they'd probably get my vote. What PING has done with the G400 woods has my attention this year though.

A dark horse would be Cobra, just because the line is so complete in terms of irons/woods. I haven't tried the wedges in a long time, though.

Back