The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new swing changes seem to be working well, had a few swings where I fell back into my old swing but I was able to recover well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After not playing for a few weeks due to family issues, my round today showed me that I need to get some more time on the range. After the first few holes, nothing was absolutely horrible, but nothing was particularly great either. Just a mediocre round.

Went to the range today to hit my new SLDR for the second time.

Straightest, longest driver I've ever hit. I've stopped trying to force draws and just use my natural fade, and holy cow. I'm excited.

I have struggled all year and finally got some professional help. Now I am feeling better about my swing and have some solid things to focus on. Spent some time grinding on the range and can hopefully get on the course tomorrow and see some improvement.

Good range session this afternoon. Hit a ton of 7i just working on solid contact and not being quite so steep. Gotta get myself more forward and not cast on occasion. Moving my ball position has helped but i still get occaisional fats. Still working on it as this along with my putting if cleaned up will lead me into the 70s i believe. Next i did some driver work and was hitting it well. I'm confident with my driver so it's just about trying to maximize distance. I decided to bump the loft back up to 12* and go core down. I teed the ball lower and was seeing some nice flights. Likely will leave it there for the future. Finished with some putting and just getting my distance down on 15+ feet and lag putts. Getting the feel for not having an insert and a much firmer face and just getting familiar with the new stick. Really really like how the qb6 sets up tho seriously. Overall pleased with the session

Put the full length mirror back up in the man cave and practiced putting. I've gotten lazy in my setup, too lazy.

Had a lesson on Friday because my driver has been turrible and is holding me back in the score department. Took some video of iron and driver swings and as I suspected with the way my iron game has been it looked good just a little flatter than we want but good none the less, driver was ridiculously flat which is the root of other issues. Worked on getting the club going back straighter and then up more vertically. This is not easy for me and something we have done in the past and had but slipped away.

Hit the range again early this morning hit about 200 balls. worked on irons and wedges a bit but concentrated lots on the driver getting that club more vertical with a proper coil and the releasing the club better through impact. I started off pretty rough with driver but as my session drew on I started to get closer to where I was with it in the spring. It's gonna take tons of reps to get this down and it's something I'm gonna have to stay on top of to keep. It'll be worth it though cause I know if I get this down and start finding fairways again with confidence my scores will drop fast.

Went to the range on Saturday and got a small bucket of 50. Hit some 6 iron shots off the tee. Then wanted to see if I could hit my 19.5 degree hybrid off the tee and that was successful, but have to be careful of toe shots, although they'll roll a mile in current course conditions. Then hit driver for 12 shots - hit the 225 marker on the fly, sliced one bad, but hit most of them within playable margins. Then had about a dozen balls left. The short game area was closed which is what I went there to do. So I just chipped a half dozen and then hit another half dozen 45 yd semi-flop shots that stopped dead on the hardpan. I'm back b*tches.

Had a bit of an enlightening moment on the range today. I don't know what kind of magic happens between the 4 and the 5 iron, but starting at my 4 iron I am hitting much better shots with a pronounced drop in my trailing (right) shoulder. From the 5 iron on through my lob wedge, I can't hit them with that drop. It's like the 4i is at that specific length/loft where the dropped shoulder is a necessity. Strange to me, but I'm glad that I found it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid 90 minutes on the range tonight, hitting 90% wedges. Happy with the swings.

#gauntlet_prep

Been really turning up the practice time lately, both for testing and just for me. Really good range session yesterday focusing on starting the swing with my lower body, transferred ok to the course, just goibg to take time. Iron swing is getting lethal though.

getting ready for my first round of golf in over a month. Will play later this week..I got rained out again yesterday :(. I just don't want to hack it all over so I hope I can just put it in play and have a good time. I think this should be ok swinging this way

After last night I feel that I am close to another sustained run of good golf. I just need to spend time practicing to ingrain my transition and downswing. When I do it right the results speak for themselves, when I get too quick the ball goes flying way right.

I'm actually more excited about practice now than playing. Will be putting in the work the next few evenings and see what happens on the weekend for results.

Spent 90 minutes at the range before work this morning. Chipped for 30, putted for 30, and 50 yard wedge shots for 30. The 50 yarder were a result of a blow up hole I had on 13 this past Sunday. It's the hardest hole on the course, par 5 with an extreme dog leg left. My second shot left me with a 50 yard pitch uphill to the hole. 3 chunked shots later I was still in the green side ruff:banghead: Walked away with a damn snowman.

Spent 45mins during my lunch break putting at the local course and finally feel like I am on to something.

Went to the range today to mainly work on my 4W off the tee. Kind of started strong then turned bad then focused on my wrist hinge and hands at the top of the swing and started hitting really well. Just got in a rhythm with all my clubs, hitting them as long as I can and getting that sweet spot.

Honestly, I really like where my swing is right now, but mentally, I keep waiting for it to go away. I guess I spend so much time trying to fix or correct something that when it's clicking, I don't have all that much experience maintaining it. It's been a little over a month, so I'm just gonna keep on staying focused and try to build on where I am to keep improving. All while trying to enjoy the ride.

Even though it's just hitting into the net in the backyard I've been trying to hit as many balls with my latest swing changes as possible. I'm feeling more confident with it, now I just have to get some rounds in.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

My hands, elbow, and back are officially beat up and tired. 9 rounds the last week w/ 13 bags of range was a bit ambitious...but I was excited and had things to work on and play with LOL.

Iron swing is in a good place, driver is steep again and I can't slow my upper body to let my lower initiate...I'm thinking some of this is the fatigue factor, I've played about 7 rounds a week the last 4 weeks.

Time for a break, going to try and not full swing a ball until next wednesday, but I bet I'll be out chipping and putting Friday.

My hands, elbow, and back are officially beat up and tired. 9 rounds the last week w/ 13 bags of range was a bit ambitious...but I was excited and had things to work on and play with LOL.

Iron swing is in a good place, driver is steep again and I can't slow my upper body to let my lower initiate...I'm thinking some of this is the fatigue factor, I've played about 7 rounds a week the last 4 weeks.

Time for a break, going to try and not full swing a ball until next wednesday, but I bet I'll be out chipping and putting Friday.

Just think if you had a home setup with a net and launch monitor. You could go all night long!

I think I figured something out tonight with the swing and the horrid round I had last night. I was coming back very inside, and once I got it back to normal I was seeing the shots I was used to seeing. Need some range time to work on that more, but at least I have an idea what went wrong.

2.5 hours of #Gauntlet_Prep tonight. Hit mainly wedges and short irons, working on my release. Definitely improving. Finished with 45 minutes of putting.

I think I figured something out tonight with the swing and the horrid round I had last night. I was coming back very inside, and once I got it back to normal I was seeing the shots I was used to seeing. Need some range time to work on that more, but at least I have an idea what went wrong.
I see Jman and Neb posting here, I think of Grandaddy. I read what others are working on, I think Grandaddy. I post in here, after range and practice time, I think Granddaddy.
I feel confident that #TeamRedemption will be ready for the Grandaddy. I sure hope I get the call, I will be ready.

I see Jman and Neb posting here, I think of Grandaddy. I read what others are working on, I think Grandaddy. I post in here, after range and practice time, I think Granddaddy.
I feel confident that #TeamRedemption will be ready for the Grandaddy. I sure hope I get the call, I will be ready.
You and that 17 handicap would make a great addition to the team.

Here are some pics of a recent 2 hour range session. Starting to the ball much better!
a2d1dbccb9f3d08f73ff0bdec1362700.jpg
dc6aee45b5225e1c57c3712582f52420.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

1.5 hours messing around in the yard today, hitting from behind trees, through trees, and all sorts of junky lies. Practicing my escape shots, my "oh crap what am I going to do" shots.

They are not a sexy thing to practice, but its something that if it could save me a stroke, its well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back