The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

#Owned

Next time the Clips play the Mavs, I have a feeling DeAndre Jordan will be spending a lot of time at the free throw line. No ticky-tack stuff either.

Same thing happened with Boozer in '04 after he "committed" to Cleveland. It's not like this hasn't happened a handful of other times. I don't think it is necessarily an issue with free agency as I think a week to let a player explore their options is good, it is just the people involved, imo.

I love the Mo return. A lot. Could have seriously used him when kyrie went down this year. Would have saved the city a ridiculous love affair with a grinder PG with limited skill.

Man, how nuts would everyone be if lebron signed a minimum contract? Would it be full circle and return his cleveland legacy to that of an unscathed legend?

The Jordan story is hilarious. What a circus today's NBA is.... but at least it's entertaining!

The Jordan thing is a prime example of why if not for having a team here, I'd never watch the NBA, some of the off-season stuff is just silly.

Some language:
Spoiler

I dislike Chris Broussard, but this is hilarious.

Breaking news: Lebron isn't taking the minimum salary.

Im just glad he isnt leaving again

Breaking news: Lebron isn't taking the minimum salary.

So who is right? ESPN app just said a 2 year $46.97M deal.

guessing that is if he cashes in on the 2nd year which AINT happening

So who is right? ESPN app just said a 2 year $46.97M deal.

guessing that is if he cashes in on the 2nd year which AINT happening

MikeDean is wise. Technically it's a 2 year deal, but Lebron will opt out of the player option after next season and sign another new deal when the salary cap goes up again. Next year we'll be reading about him getting well over $30 million per season.

He won't be taking a reduction in salary until maybe after his next contract. By then, he'll realize that he wants more than 2 championships and needs more help. Possibly when it's too late... :D:D

Any chance OKC matches Kanter's insane offer? I don't see it, but nothing would surprise me.

Any chance OKC matches Kanter's insane offer? I don't see it, but nothing would surprise me.
All we have heard is they're willing to match.

Trades will follow if so to cut meat and get out of that top tier of the salary cap overage.

All we have heard is they're willing to match.

Trades will follow if so to cut meat and get out of that top tier of the salary cap overage.

I would hope so. No reason to go into the tax for Kanter and not Harden. I don't think this was the "right time" that Presti was talking about, but who knows?

I would hope so. No reason to go into the tax for Kanter and not Harden. I don't think this was the "right time" that Presti was talking about, but who knows?

Seriously, dump Harden to save money but then match a ridiculous offer for a one dimensional center?

A almost forgot we had a basketball team in MN. Apparently 15k showed up to watch a T-wolves scrimmage.

well, I guess Adidas wants Harden BAD

The company has submitted a bid of $200 million over 13 years to sign Houston Rockets guard James Harden, sources told ESPN.com. Nike, whose deal with Harden recently expired, has until the end of next week to match the deal or lose him.

Back