Highest Hybrid You Have Tried

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just as the title says, looking for information on the hybrids you have tried. Have you ever hit a 5 or 6 hybrid? Have you only tried a 3 hybrid? What are your thoughts on it?

5 hybrid.

It gave me a lot of confidence.

I do want to see if I can play a full hyron set. See what happens.

I've hit a 5 before. Never gamed one as I'm awful with hybrids so can't offer a ton of feedback

6hy, its in the bag now. I adore it.

5 hybrid. Love it. Fills the gap where a 4i would be for me and a lot easier to hit high in the air than a 4i.

Highest for me is a 3 hybrid. I have no immediate plans to look higher. I like hitting long irons, even if I get punished for a poor swing from time to time. Currently I have an 18* in the bag.

23* Hybo is the highest I have legitimately played. Was pretty sweet.

2 hybrid all the way to 6 hybrid. Like the idea of the 6 hybrid but I just hit it too high as compared to the 6 iron and it wasn't predictable enough for me - I think a shaft swap would have helped a lot though...

I've carried a lot of 3 and 4 hybrids but never hit a 5. I'm not opposed to it at all if it works. I've usually felt like I had a better shot at holding/hitting a green with something more like an iron. That being said, what are we considering the Altitudes? I have 3-7 in my bag right now, and they are going to be there for a while.

5h for me. It's so much easier to hit than the corresponding iron. I only pulled it from the bag because the model I was playing had a massive offset at the 5h and it started bothering me when I looked down at it at address.

Played a 4h for awhile and I liked it buy had a tendency to hook it. Tested a 5h and while it was easy to hit I still prefer hitting iron in that spot.

When I was playing the Nickents I got a 6H off ebay. I can't remember if I got the 7 or not and I don't have the set anymore. But my best friend has it so I will check next time I see him.

Obviously this thread is not about playing HB3's or Altitudes or any other hybrid iron set.

24*, though I've contemplated trying the 27* 913/915. I find them so versatile on par 3's from the tee.

I have only gamed a 3 hybrid, I wouldn't mind adding a 4i replacement if I could find one I liked. I have hit all the way up to a 6 hybrid, but I've never had great results.

I have hit up to the PW in the Altitude set, so there is that.

I have a 19* 3H in the bag that I love and probably would have a 4H but I really like my 4 & 5 Hi-Fli's, they seem as easy to hit as a hybrid.

When I was playing the Nickents I got a 6H off ebay. I can't remember if I got the 7 or not and I don't have the set anymore. But my best friend has it so I will check next time I see him.

Obviously this thread is not about playing HB3's or Altitudes or any other hybrid iron set.
"Obviously" seems a little strong here. What about the Mashie combo set with the basically the Mashie hybrids in 3-5? Now I think the Altitudes specifically are more iron-like and there is a definite distinction there. Maybe I missed something.

I've only ever hit a 4 hybrid and I love it. I was "this" close to going 4 and 5 hybos for Legacy but I'm just unsure about it from the 5 up.

24 degrees is the most. Can't make myself go higher. I have a utility iron to replace the 5 iron instead.

5hy and played it for a while but went back to a 5i and see myself staying that way.

I am gaming the Callaway Edge 4-6 hybrids right now, they are pretty solid clubs.

4H is the highest for me. The biggest challenge with my bag is the yardage gap between 4H and 5I. Thinking about adding a 5H (Callaway XR) but working to improve ball striking with my 5I. The yardage gap has come down over the last 6 weeks. Practice, practice, practice. Overall, the 4H is easier to hit.

For a time I had hybrids to cover the 4-5 slots. At a W/S demo day I had my 4i loft bent up a degree, and I've since put a graphite shaft in it. I feel confident enough in that setup to consider dropping a hybrid and adding a wedge.

I currently have a 3, 4, 5, and 6 hybrid in the bag. Sometimes I ponder going to a 6iron instead, and sometimes I wish I could find a 7 hybrid.

18* which is in my bag right now.
I've been thinking about adding a more lofted one and dropping my 4 iron, but....not sure yet.

Back