The Fed Up Challenge

We had to bow out. Way too hard without being prepared with the right groceries. I did notice a difference in that after about 48 hours the edge was gone and it was honestly sort of fun and rewarding to be going along with it. But not being prepared at work today along with poor decision making ability lead to me falling off the wagon. I will be trying this again soon and from now on I am absolutely more award and conscious about the amount of sugar going into my body

One more thing.
Set yourself some goals for the Gauntlet, you will be surprised how that motivation will help you.

In the end, that is the most important thing. Awareness.
It wont be a full time thing for me, but being aware is really something I have been enjoying.
Phil, we totally prepared ourselves at the grocery store before starting. It was eye opening.

And expensive, $15 off $75 coupons at Whole Foods still doesn't make it affordable.

Pretty cool seeing some of the results people are seeing. I agree with JB, awareness is far more important than results, in the long term. I still eat sweets and sugar, but much much less than before. And really look at all labels in the grocery store now.

More chicken for dinner last night. Found a flavor of Triscuits that didn't have sugar (or maltodextrin) added so had those with some hummus last night as well. Topped it off with blueberries and sour cream. Actually felt full. Weighed myself this morning just for giggles and found that I dropped 4 pounds in the first 48 hours of this challenge.

The one thing that is plaguing me here is the lack of good options for beverages. I hate water. Going to see if infusing it with watermelon will help.

ETA: Watermelon infused water is ok. Not as strong a flavor as I had hoped, but I can live with it.

Last edited:
More chicken for dinner last night. Found a flavor of Triscuits that didn't have sugar (or maltodextrin) added so had those with some hummus last night as well. Topped it off with blueberries and sour cream. Actually felt full. Weighed myself this morning just for giggles and found that I dropped 4 pounds in the first 48 hours of this challenge.

The one thing that is plaguing me here is the lack of good options for beverages. I hate water. Going to see if infusing it with watermelon will help.

ETA: Watermelon infused water is ok. Not as strong a flavor as I had hoped, but I can live with it.

Try sparkling water, that has been my savior. I am drinking that, regular water and green tea plain. It's not great, but it gets the job done.

JB hates water too, that's the one area where he has been cheating the entire time, he still has a couple diet sodas in a day.

Note to self, oatmeal without sugar tastes terrible! I threw some blueberries and strawberries in there this morning and that helped a little but when I got a bite of straight oatmeal is was pretty disgusting. The strawberries, however, tasted sweeter than ever. Not sure if that is because they were just really sweet, or like the documentary said, sweet things will start to taste sweeter after a while.

Yes, I have cut down on my soda intake, but still have had 2 diet frescas a day.
It does not help curbing the appetite for sweets, but it also does not turn to fat like sugar does.

I have been really good through this thing and surprisingly enjoyed it more than expected. Last night we sat there and said, let's order a pizza, but instead made our dinner (which was good) and I am about to break through the 190 barrier.

I cant stress enough this is less about weight loss for me and more about awareness.

Is honey allowed?

No, not for the detox, no sugar or sugar substitutes of any kind. Only natural sugar from foods like whole fruits, not juiced or blended, but whole so you get the fiber with it.
Bummer, thought maybe the sugar naturally in honey would be allowed. Well there goes my idea for your tea

Day 3 and I don't have the urge to jump into a vat of Twinkie cream. That's a good start. A bit sluggish this morning, but I think that's partly because kiddo suddenly has decided to stop sleeping through the night again. 4 am wakeup's to make bottles really cut into the sleep pattern. Baked chicken for lunch, blueberries for desert. I've only got a few things I'm going with right now food-wise, partly because this was spur of the moment and I was unprepared, partly because I'm so swamped at work I don't have time to bother with researching. Not sure what's going to happen after Sunday though ... I have a week-long meeting I'm going to (not sure what the food options will be) and then on vacation with the family ... not the best times to stick with a diet change.

Bummer, thought maybe the sugar naturally in honey would be allowed. Well there goes my idea for your tea

It mostly tastes like hot water with the slightest hint of tea flavor. It's pretty bad, but I can get it down and it gives me the caffeine kick I need in the morning. It's the only caffeine I am consuming all day.

I will say this, I have way more energy during the day than I have in a while. I don't find myself hitting those walls in the afternoon like I used to.

It mostly tastes like hot water with the slightest hint of tea flavor. It's pretty bad, but I can get it down and it gives me the caffeine kick I need in the morning. It's the only caffeine I am consuming all day.

I will say this, I have way more energy during the day than I have in a while. I don't find myself hitting those walls in the afternoon like I used to.

That's a hint that ya getting old... :Djk Nap time for the win :bananadance:

Yeah plain tea is pretty bad. The not crashing thing is pretty interesting though. I could use that; I briefly passed out sitting at my daughter's dance class yesterday... Got to give this documentary a watch.

Yeah plain tea is pretty bad. The not crashing thing is pretty interesting though. I could use that; I briefly passed out sitting at my daughter's dance class yesterday... Got to give this documentary a watch.

I am usually yawning all day and by 3 I will just hit a wall and my eyes will start to burn from being so tired. I haven't had that in a couple of days now.

The worst part for me is the headaches. I have had one pretty much all day for 3 1/2 days straight. So far so good this morning, so let's see how the rest of the day goes. Maybe this is the turning point for me.

Good luck the rest of the day. Constant headaches are the absolute worst.

No, not for the detox, no sugar or sugar substitutes of any kind. Only natural sugar from foods like whole fruits, not juiced or blended, but whole so you get the fiber with it.

You would think raw honey would be allowed. There is literally nothing added and it is processed by the body in a manner similar to the way the body processes fruit.

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/raw-honey.html

Regarding the teas, you may want to research some home brewed options using a tea infuser that you can mix some flavors. Plain green tea is hard to drink. :angel:

Or, these that are a black tea (with caffeine)
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/herbal-teas/morning-thunder

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/fast-lane

I'm getting some good ideas from this thread. I haven't watched the documentary yet. But, I plan to. Love having new healthy ideas to add. I will definitely be making the mashed cauliflower

I am usually yawning all day and by 3 I will just hit a wall and my eyes will start to burn from being so tired. I haven't had that in a couple of days now.

The worst part for me is the headaches. I have had one pretty much all day for 3 1/2 days straight. So far so good this morning, so let's see how the rest of the day goes. Maybe this is the turning point for me.

JB was saying that this diet was supposed to help with headaches and is y I'm interested in it. U think its just the bodies response to witdrawl from sugar? How is JB doing with his headaches?

I recommend watching the movie.

JB was saying that this diet was supposed to help with headaches and is y I'm interested in it. U think its just the bodies response to witdrawl from sugar? How is JB doing with his headaches?

I am pretty sure it was from the sugar. I have not had a headache at all today which has been great. I was consuming a lot of sugar though, I would eat a handful of dark chocolate covered cherries and blueberries after every meal, even if it was a snack I followed up with this.

I was so bad I was actually eating raisinettes and M&M's while watching the documentary haha.

And when I was training my Trainer had me drink sparkling water with a shot or 2 of pom wonderful in it. Was a great substitute for soda for me

I am pretty sure it was from the sugar. I have not had a headache at all today which has been great. I was consuming a lot of sugar though, I would eat a handful of dark chocolate covered cherries and blueberries after every meal, even if it was a snack I followed up with this.

I was so bad I was actually eating raisinettes and M&M's while watching the documentary haha.

Omg haha. But JB's Headaches are still bad? I'm trying to look thru the whole thread and I think that's what I'm seeing.

Tonight I'm cheating. McDonald's it is. Back on it tomorrow

Back