The Car Shopping Thread

My car needs something like $2k to pass inspection. It needs a new exhaust system for some reason? It's a 2006 and was planning on getting something new at the end of the year so that's happening now instead.

No idea what to get. Something fast, fun, sharp looking, reliable with enough room for kid seats in the back.

Any suggestions?

Haha, all of your descriptors are so subjective, what is fast to you? 2016 Maxima comes to mind.

Haha, all of your descriptors are so subjective, what is fast to you? 2016 Maxima comes to mind.

Lol, I suppose anything over 280 hp or v6 ish?

My car needs something like $2k to pass inspection. It needs a new exhaust system for some reason? It's a 2006 and was planning on getting something new at the end of the year so that's happening now instead.

No idea what to get. Something fast, fun, sharp looking, reliable with enough room for kid seats in the back.

Any suggestions?

What's the budget and are you open to anycar company? Lots a good options out there these days.

Any suggestions?

Hyundai Genesis

What's the budget and are you open to anycar company? Lots a good options out there these days.

I'm open to all companies and budget wise, value is king but I don't mind paying for quality either.

Porsche Panamera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi S3, VW CC. Granted the S3 is a turbo 4 not a v6 but it is stupid fast. The CC's are surprisingly fast, my parents have had two and there is enough room in the back for kids in the back. CC starts at 33 and the s3 at 41 so a little pricey. I'd second the maxima. The Dodge Charger starts at 28k and has 292hp. I had a base model as a rental a year ago and it was faster than I expected. You can also go up to the hellcat which has some power I guess at 707hp and 650ft-lbs of torque. Personally I'd go that route, I'd love to own one but the only one I found around here they wanted like 83k for it which was stupid, maybe for my next car.

Chrysler products are terrible .

Yeah the hellcat may be cool but they can't even make a frame that will keep from twisting .

If you want to go broke owning a vehicle buy a Chrysler .

Chrysler products are terrible .

Yeah the hellcat may be cool but they can't even make a frame that will keep from twisting .

If you want to go broke owning a vehicle buy a Chrysler .

I figured that much. My parents had one Chrysler that I remember and they got rid of it quickly. The only reason the Hellcat ever got my attention was for the price. Crazy power for the price.

I figured that much. My parents had one Chrysler that I remember and they got rid of it quickly. The only reason the Hellcat ever got my attention was for the price. Crazy power for the price.

Yah they are ridiculous .

Friend of mine works for magnaflow and got one from Chrysler to build exhaust for.
He said the first pull on the dyno the thing twisted like a pop can.

Apparently it's a common problem .

Yah they are ridiculous .

Friend of mine works for magnaflow and got one from Chrysler to build exhaust for.
He said the first pull on the dyno the thing twisted like a pop can.

Apparently it's a common problem .

I would never have guessed putting a 700HP engine in a family sedan could cause issues...

Sounds like they just threw the engine in there without making sure the car could actually handle it first.

I looked up the Panamera. Maybe not that much.

Windows getting tinted on the new car while I am in KC. Cant wait to see how it looks after the fact.

I keep mentioning it but if the s3 is too much and you need awd, look at the golf R. Seats four comfortably and is basically a hatchback s3. Its fast stock but add an $800 tune and its sub 4 second 0-60 and it pulls like crazy. Very comfortable to drive and tons of fun to and since its a more mature styling it draws very little attention seeing as most people don't know what it is. Plus its insured as a compact car.

I love the new Acura TLX and RLX. The RLX is a beast but for a substantial price.

Not too familiar with many of the other newer sedans with AWD. Lexus is always a safe bet, a lot of people seem to enjoy the new Ford offerings.

I would avoid GM and Chrysler like the plague personally if you plan on keeping the vehicle.

A Coworkers has a Mercedes CLA. All I can say about it is that its comfortable and it also fit four adults well. I'm not a fan of how the NAV is setup with the screen that looks like it was an after thought. Has awd too. I'd personally lean towards the CLA45 with the amg engine but I think with my posts its shown what I value most in a car.

A Coworkers has a Mercedes CLA. All I can say about it is that its comfortable and it also fit four adults well. I'm not a fan of how the NAV is setup with the screen that looks like it was an after thought. Has awd too. I'd personally lean towards the CLA45 with the amg engine but I think with my posts its shown what I value most in a car.

We hated that car. It was between that, an Audi and our Kia and they were all priced pretty much the same. We went with the Kia and could not be happier. Then added the MKZ and love it as well.

We hated that car. It was between that, an Audi and our Kia and they were all priced pretty much the same. We went with the Kia and could not be happier. Then added the MKZ and love it as well.

What didn't you like about it? I'll admit my experience with it is pricing one, sitting in one at a car show and getting a 10 minute ride in one so not much at all to form an opinion either way.

What didn't you like about it? I'll admit my experience with it is pricing one, sitting in one at a car show and getting a 10 minute ride in one so not much at all to form an opinion either way.

The options were overpriced and hated the tablet looking thing for a GPS up front.

The options were overpriced and hated the tablet looking thing for a GPS up front.

I'd agree with that, the one I priced was around 63k. I also hate the tablet thing. Even seeing it in use it ruins the dashboard for me.

I'm trying to downgrade. I have a $496 a month payment on a Ford Flex and I drive 1/4 mile to work..........

I'm lucky if I put 3,000 miles a year on it. Money that could be spent on golf!

I'm trying to downgrade. I have a $496 a month payment on a Ford Flex and I drive 1/4 mile to work..........

I'm lucky if I put 3,000 miles a year on it. Money that could be spent on golf!

Holy moly that's a big payment.

Back