Mizuno MP-5 Irons Preview

These look great. I would love to see these in person.

SO. MUCH. CHROME!

Nice looking irons - I would give them a swing but I doubt I have the game to play them...

Oooof holy weighting ! I love mizuno more Than most but that muscle back looms pretty big, Gonna have to see them in person. Right now I'd take the 4's over these

Not an iron I could play, but think from a looks standpoint they look like a blade....which is good to some, I guess.

Only club I can hit that is buttery forged is a putter.
C'mon now, don't sell the Apexes short. :act-up:

I like the curvy chrome, but then I love motorcycles. Not the clubs for me though.

Looks great but I just can't do all that chrome! Put on a satin or black finish and I'd be all over them lol

They look sharp, but also look to be WAY out of my league.

Wait! I'm from the Internet... I'd game them!

WOW holy shiney! Not a huge fan of the looks as I am not a huge chrome fan. I prefer the darker finishes. But hey if it works more power to mizuno!

These look great, a little more muscle on the back than the mp-4's, and curvier, based on the pics. I'll give them a try if I see any.

Simple beautiful irons, paired with some new Graphite shafts.....the misses would hurt but worth it

Meh. Look like a Mizzy blade to me.

Are there any Mizuno staff pros that use their blades?

I think I would opt for the 716MBs instead to be honest if I was foolish enough to game muscle backs.

Really like the smooth lines but the chrome is way too much.

Are you kidding with these?! These look pimp and I want to hit them!!!

I don't mind the chrome or the curves, but I can't help but like the looks of the MP-15's more.

New member here, just and old golfer interested in other's opinion and love to talk golf. I play the MP-59s 5-PW with Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts. They are the best irons I have owned in 53 years of golf. I am fine with what I have but these look like they could be great irons. Probably not too forgiving.

New member here, just and old golfer interested in other's opinion and love to talk golf. I play the MP-59s 5-PW with Aerotech Steel Fiber shafts. They are the best irons I have owned in 53 years of golf. I am fine with what I have but these look like they could be great irons. Probably not too forgiving.

Welcome to THP! We're glad you found us, hope you enjoy it here!

Pretty but at the end of the day just another set of blades, only so much you can do with them.

Last edited:
Meh. Look like a Mizzy blade to me.
Haha you could say that about many blades on the market. They look like mizzy blades

Not really a fan. The curve in the back reminds me of an MP-67 that got flattened and stretched out. Sometimes less is better.

Welcome to THP! We're glad you found us, hope you enjoy it here!

Thanks you. I am sure I will enjoy this forum. I read many posts prior to signing up and this seems much more casual than the golf forum I was using. When a forum stops being fun it's time to change.

Back