Does anyone carry two driver?

scottmti

Passionate Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking of carrying a two driver since new driver I got it fits me really well.
Also driver it replaced I also like that driver for accuracy. Not long but accurate. I am not comfortable hitting fw for teeing off. I was thinking cutting the driver at 42" and loft it up to max as 11*. Driver is 915D2 9.5* and I have 14g back weight I can add to it to have reasonable swing weight.
It will replace 4iron which I seldom use and results when I use it it's mostly bad. It only works on long par3. I'm hoping this driver would go around 220 to 230? Same distance as my 4wood without a hook. Any thoughts?

My club distance estimated @
Driver 240-260
Driver 230 (tee off only)
Fw4 220
3h 180-190
5 iron 175 and so on.

whatever works best for you go for it. I am considering it myself since I rarely ever find myself grabbing my 3W.

I have a hard enough time controlling 1 driver. Last thing I wanna do is throw another headache in my bag. That's just me though. :D

Paging @sandiegonative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a 9* Cobra King Ltd and a 11* Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5. The 11* is my 3 wood though and I play it off the deck. TBH I kind of wish I had bought the Cobra F6 3 wood because the 5 wood is a monster so if it is respectively as long then it's probably longer than the Mini.
Doubt I'll carry the Mini for too long, it's good but don't see it adding much to my game.

I carry an F7 and SLDR mini-driver most rounds. Hit the SLDR on tighter holes off the tee and the F7 when there's less risk

I carry two drivers. The one that I normally use is a Taylor Made M2 and the other one is a Callaway XR. I do not carry a three wood and I can hit the XR off of the turf with no issues at all, straight and fairly long.

For me, its hard to justify carrying a 2-wood instead of a lob wedge or 4 iron. Especially with how adjustable most if not all drivers are today. But after reading how much thought you put into this, sounds like it should work out well for you so why not do it?

I've always carried a 12.5-13.5 degree strong 3 wood and for the last 20 years have used it more than my driver off the tee. My latest that I pick up tomorrow is a 14 Aeroburner mini that actually measures closer to 13 degrees. It now has an Aldila Tour Green 75x that I had pulled from another fairway wood.

Read the treads JB linked and you'll see my thoughts. The cliff notes is yes you should try it.

I game a GBB set at 12.5 with a 3w shaft in it and an epic SZ set at 10. My epic is good for 15+ yards with a fade bias. The GBB is my go to on tight holes or when I want to play a draw.

Back