How Much Does The Look Of A Shaft Matter To You?

How Much Does The Look Of A Shaft Matter To You?

• Not at all

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • The looks are what makes me want it

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • It might draw me in, but in the end doesn't matter

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • I have never thought about it

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters
It's a plus but not important in the grand scheme of things.

Well I didn't vote because the only time I would see it mattering if it was so hideous that it took my concentration off the ball.

Yes this sound ridiculous but I think chromes and bright colors can be distracting when contrasted against mutes. In the end I like a good looking one but other than the extreme I would play whatever works best.

I'm on tapatalk and can't figure out how to vote. I almost said I don't care at all, but if it had a bunch of douchy graphics all over it and a really stupid name, maybe I'd care a little. but if it said "I love Ian Poulter" but gave me a consistent carry and 30 extra yards, I'd game it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted "I never thought about it" so I guess that shows how much I care about the look of a shaft. Now that's not to say I haven't seen some cool looking shafts. But it's not something I worry about.

During Personal Distance, I hit the RIP Phenom and Tour Blue about the same. It was very close. The tiebreaker was the skull and crossbones on the Phenom.

It will make me look harder at it but I care about the performance.

Don't care at all what the shaft looks like or what the "cool factor" is, it just needs to work for me.

In the past I would have picked a shaft based on its look. Now I know how vital a shaft is and I will not sacrifice performance for appearance. However if I have two that perform about the same, I might choose he better looking one.

During Personal Distance, I hit the RIP Phenom and Tour Blue about the same. It was very close. The tiebreaker was the skull and crossbones on the Phenom.

Yep this is how I am. If there are multiple shafts that perform similarly...I'm taking the one I prefer to look at.

I will be honest the cooler looking the shaft the more likely I am to check it out. Overall look of the shaft and club is important to me. If every time I set up to the ball I think man this thing is ugly - no way I am hitting a good shot.

Not really, unless the color clashes with the driver.

I definitely consider the look. Who wants an ugly shaft when there are so many good options out there?

Looks have no bearing to me. I will make sure my grip blends well with the shaft colors though.

Doesn't matter, so long as it doesn't clash with the club head. Tour Green +2014 Bertha hurt my eyes.

My Ping G25 stock shaft is a beauty to me because it works really well and by the way, it's a senior flex.

Idk why and it may be horrible for me but those orange and white tour ad shafts have me wanting one based on looks alone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like the wild colors. If another plain shaft hit better, then I would go with it.

I have known some of the older guys that hit a RIP shaft really good, but wouldn't buy it because of the skull and colored eyes.

It really doesn't matter, but my preference is the flames, checkerboard, and racing stripes.

Jack

Definitely helps draw me in. Won't lie, I like having cool looking s***.

I like ugly shafts. To this day, the snot green of the Aldila NV65 just says to me, "No one would use this thing unless it worked like a boss." Helps that it does.

I went with it might draw me in but in the end doesn't matter. I care about the performance pf equipment and the looks of the shaft really don't matter if it works.

It helps if it looks good, but it's not a deal breaker... unless it's a pink shaft.

Looks matter to me, they just do.

That said, they draw me in, but in the end its about my numbers.

A cool looking shaft won't affect my purchase decision... that said, if it is hideous I may look elsewhere... example would be the motore f1 or f3 ( can't remember which) that reminded me of a stock car flying McDonald 's colors...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shaft graphics have never been an issue for me. I need the shaft to work more than I need it to look good. If looks mattered and made you play better, I'd be number one in the world. :alien2:

Back