tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Love it

Ha. Also I can't imagine a hot dog without ketchup

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My brother from another mother.
Just ordered a bunch of dogs and it drives GG nuts as she says it should not be allowed

Love me a good hot dog with both ketchup and mustard. Then top it with onions..Mmmmmm

Haha this is excellent! I am absolutely OK with this!

My brother from another mother.
Just ordered a bunch of dogs and it drives GG nuts as she says it should not be allowed

You can add this scenario to the Hot Seat on THP Radio.

Ketchup goes on a hot dog and I am down with this on a hot dog. A friend of mine turned me on to ketchup with curry in it and it is a go to staple when I can find it.

I lived in Chicago for 11 years, and I never understood the hatred of ketchup on a hot dog. It's a hot dog. It's not a filet you're putting ketchup on. Give me the ketchup!

I live in the Chicago area.... not sure what the big deal is with ketchup but frankly I'll skip it......now cheese on the other hand......

Being born and raised in the Chicago area and living here my entire life, I still never completely understood why they don't like ketchup on a dog, now if I'm getting a chicago style, I don't put it on and just have it without mustard. Now a funny story of ketchup on a dog, my now father in law (he's actually in the hot dog hall of fame) told me when I go to his restaurant to not even ask for it on a dog when I order....

The thought of a hot dog without Ketchup bothers me. Also, I want to try this new fancy ketchup.

I lived in Chicago for 11 years, and I never understood the hatred of ketchup on a hot dog. It's a hot dog. It's not a filet you're putting ketchup on. Give me the ketchup!
I don't trust Chicago food judgement they do some odd things. Some good restaurants but different local favorites that is for sure.

Very good point. I think Ketchup is quite appropriate on a processed tube of meat.

I really want a hot dog now.

Very good point. I think Ketchup is quite appropriate on a processed tube of meat.

I really want a hot dog now.

I don't trust Chicago food judgement they do some odd things. Some good restaurants but different local favorites that is for sure.
It's not even the no ketchup on a dog thing. If you don't like it, you don't have to have it. It's the holier than thou attitude you get when you like ketchup on the dog.

Even Hot Dougs had ketchup available if you wanted it.

I've gotta ask...do they actually enforce the no ketchup rule? Are there fines/penalties for noncompliance?

I've gotta ask...do they actually enforce the no ketchup rule? Are there fines/penalties for noncompliance?

The Cubs once put ketchup on their hot dogs, and the native Chicagoians put a curse on the team. Its took many years of ketchup abstinence, but finally, the curse was lifted early last year.

Some places won't put it on at all, some will if you ask, it isn't included as a part of "everything". Some have it available for you to use, and some just don't have it anywhere for you to find.

I respect the choice to put "Chicago Hot Dog Sauce" on a Hot Dog.
Not for me, though....
Give me Mustard, Relish and Sport Peppers and I'm good to to.

I have zero problems with ketchup on hot dogs.

That said, my favorite dog has Coney Island sauce, mustard, and onions. In the absence of Coney Island sauce, ketchup mustard and relish is what I'll have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully support anything that clowns on Chicago (and the fine people that live there).

Great marketing piece.

Growing up in Chicago, I never understood it. I've always put ketchup on my hot dogs. I have many friends who call it blasphemy (why, I do not know.) But as someone pointed out yesterday, Chicago is the only place in the US that is proud of what they won't eat. Like a child who won't eat his vegetables.

I'm the type that when I order a chicago style hot dog, I just get it without the mustard, and add my own ketchup. Unless I'm at Portillo's. They'll happily put it on for me.

I kinda want to go to Dog et al for lunch today now...

I want to buy a bottle just to have the bottle!

Says the guys from Buffalo...

I respect the choice to put "Chicago Hot Dog Sauce" on a Hot Dog.
Not for me, though....
Give me Mustard, Relish and Sport Peppers and I'm good to to.

My man! Make that two of those!

Back