Trying To Break 90 Club

I'm not really slicing or hooking it. I'm just not hitting it well. I'll pop it up one time, then catch it way thin the next...then drop kick it after that. The problem is every one of those swings "feels" the same...until impact. I used to be able to pummel this thing; now it feels like I can't even hit the face, let alone the sweet spot.

My 3w is a little bit cleaner, though it's been thin (and developed a weak fade) lately too. My irons, especially mid irons, have been great though.

Ah, ok...then we don't have the same problem. As for hitting 3 wood, that is s club I am not comfortable hitting. Golf is hard

humm ... I think I like that much better than just FIR.

Martin got it right. Its a poor tee shot. a 2 would be a decent drive that finds the rough either but doesn't put you in any trouble.

that is what John means.

Well, after yesterday's range session I may have to take 5150's definition into consideration :struggle:

I went for nine holes yesterday and took these stats we were talking about yesterday. here is my scorecard.
IMG_20150708_194404_zpstys1jhuw_edit_1436443535830_zpsdjappfmp.jpg~320x480

I do agree that my short game could get better, I missed the green long on hole 2 by trying to get cocky on a pin tucked waaay back, and could have shaved 2-3 putts out of this round, but the tee game was horrendous! only once did I have a shot at a GiR.... from 175. and this is not because I am playing the back tees, this is only because I am spraying the balls everywhere. I think I will go to the range tonight

Well, after yesterday's range session I may have to take 5150's definition into consideration :struggle:

I was kidding but I may need to start tracking Failed Hero Shots or something like that. It'd be interesting to see how many shots it costs me when I try to hit the hero shot and blow it.

Glad I checked into this thread, SIH is exactly the stat I wasn't tracking but should.

My current scorecards look like this:

Score
FIR
GIR
Putt
Pen

Going to add SIH above Putt to track my short game better.

I went for nine holes yesterday and took these stats we were talking about yesterday. here is my scorecard.
IMG_20150708_194404_zpstys1jhuw_edit_1436443535830_zpsdjappfmp.jpg~320x480

I do agree that my short game could get better, I missed the green long on hole 2 by trying to get cocky on a pin tucked waaay back, and could have shaved 2-3 putts out of this round, but the tee game was horrendous! only once did I have a shot at a GiR.... from 175. and this is not because I am playing the back tees, this is only because I am spraying the balls everywhere. I think I will go to the range tonight

short game isn't too bad, but the tee game is definitely not helping. need to replace the 4 and 5s with at least 3s. a couple up and downs will help. You are close.

My last rounds have been 82-87-86-88-84 so I am very happy to be pretty stable under 90 now. So now it is time to move on to the "Under 80 thread", which will be a target for this season to reach (at least once)

That's great. Very consistent. I had an 85-86 weekend at two local courses about a month ago now. Have played some different courses since then and have been solidly in the 90's, 97-91 & 94-91. Also a 48-52, then a 43 playing the front 9 again. Feeling good about the improvements in scores when seeing the course the 2nd time. Also I used to be in the 100-105 range on a new course so I feel like my game is traveling better than ever. Still too wild off the tee but confidence on everything under 200 is at an all time high.

Itching to get back to posting in this thread... so much rain in St. Louis these past couple weeks; haven't been able to get out and play. Hopefully tomorrow.

Same here, I've hardly picked up a club in a week since my last debacle of a round.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Same here, I've hardly picked up a club in a week since my last debacle of a round.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk
Dude, you should come to Montréal and play

Dude, you should come to Montréal and play

I'd be there if I could pull it off. Stars would have to align though :)

Don't think I've played a decent round of golf since Glen Oak.

I went out for 9 today and i was driving the ball much better. I shot à 44, 5 pars 1 bogey 2 doubles and a triple

All 3 big scores came from poor starts. Once i get to the 150 yards marker, im fine. It could be better for sure, but it doesnt hurt me

I'd be there if I could pull it off. Stars would have to align though :)

Don't think I've played a decent round of golf since Glen Oak.
If you get up here, beer and poutines are on me

The rain stayed away for a few hours so I managed to get out for a late afternoon round yesterday. 51/53 - 104. 3 pars, 3 bogeys, 10 doubles (!), 1 triple and one of my better blowup holes in awhile - a 10 on a par 4.

My scores have been going the wrong way for the past couple rounds BUT - I'm actually encouraged for a couple reasons:

1) Since my last lesson I'm hitting driver much more consistently and about 20 yards further.

2) I'm hitting my irons a good 20 yards further as well. PW used to be my 100y club; now it's a consistent 120.

3) I bounced back from the 10 with a FW, GIR and 2 putt for par. It was encouraging to see that the blowup hole didn't ruin my day.

Several of my doubles in this past round came from overshooting the green. I need to get accustomed to the new yardages with my irons and start trusting them. Things will come together soon. Now if I could just get the rain to quit for another day or two.

Consistently shooting low 40's but I can't get it consistent for both 9's yet to average in the 80's. I'll shoot one side in the low 40's and then one in the high 40's. Everything is starting to click right now as I shot a very easy 41 on Wednesday, little scrambling but mostly just good golf.

I am still even after 5.... Today is the day!!!!

Consistently shooting low 40's but I can't get it consistent for both 9's yet to average in the 80's. I'll shoot one side in the low 40's and then one in the high 40's. Everything is starting to click right now as I shot a very easy 41 on Wednesday, little scrambling but mostly just good golf.

41 is a solid 9. Gotta take it one shot at a time. Try not to,add your score after 9 and if you hit a bad shot just let it go and go hit the next one.

I got very tired by the end , got home with a 51 for a 94 (ESC 92)

Put together a 44/43 = 87 in my round yesterday. Been in the 80s reasonably regularly lately, hoping to push it even lower towards the 80 mark!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back