Least forgiving irons

Bump for the OP?

Sure man. Well a few reasons. I'm trying to focus on one particular aspect of the game. I don't think hitting woods from the 90s is going to help improve my iron consistency. But I'll tell you what - if this is a success, stay tuned for my "least forgiving woods" thread and you can send your recommendations.

No disrespect taken man I definitely need the lessons. I'm just saying I think some of the fundamentals like pivoting, weight shifting, general mechanics are something that I had ingrained from me since t-ball, and although not all of them translate directly to golf in a good way, the underlying mechanics are there.

The swing video looks good. Keep up your lessons and learn to groove that swing.

Dave

Sure man. Well a few reasons. I'm trying to focus on one particular aspect of the game. I don't think hitting woods from the 90s is going to help improve my iron consistency. But I'll tell you what - if this is a success, stay tuned for my "least forgiving woods" thread and you can send your recommendations.

I would think that since the woods will play longer, and the head will be smaller, wouldn't it help groove all of your clubs? If the goal is feedback (which must be the goal here) and concentration, wouldn't all smaller club heads accomplish that and help achieve that goal quicker? While I am not a subscriber to this theory (having tested it both on my own and at THP Events), if one enjoys it, that is all that matters.

I would think that since the woods will play longer, and the head will be smaller, wouldn't it help groove all of your clubs? If the goal is feedback (which must be the goal here) and concentration, wouldn't all smaller club heads accomplish that and help achieve that goal quicker? While I am not a subscriber to this theory (having tested it both on my own and at THP Events), if one enjoys it, that is all that matters.

I absolutely agree bro. Hit some old woods and let me know how it improves your iron consistency

Try some woods of the 1989 era ... real wood.

As to unforgiving blades, why not just buy one iron instead of the whole set?

That's fun, too, on the range as a practice club.

I remember in MacGregor's last year - they had some nice blades and MB's and were giving one from each set away upon request. I still have that blade 7i - AND they shafted it up in a Nippon 1150! Nice shaft for a free club.

Just need to grip it up as that was over 10 yrs ago. Too bad those clubs did not help them. It was their swan song. Nice clubs. Just too late.

I can second this choice. I own a set of MP37 and they are AMAZINGLY UNFORGIVING. The difference is that I intend to play with them rather than just use them to improve my swing. I can "feel" what is wrong with my swing and that is invaluable. Good luck ??

I can second this choice. I own a set of MP37 and they are AMAZINGLY UNFORGIVING. The difference is that I intend to play with them rather than just use them to improve my swing. I can "feel" what is wrong with my swing and that is invaluable. Good luck ����

i'm going to put some really demanding clubs in my bag soon, just to mess around and remind myself that i am not very good at golf.

where i'm confused, though, is why you wouldn't be able to "feel" what is wrong with your swing with all clubs? i can see differences in ball flight, and after one or two range sessions i know by sound/feel where i hit the ball on the face.

So how did this turn out for the OP?

Back