I got the shaft -worst shaft

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I am creating this thread for us to name in our own opinion and personal experience what THPer's consider the worst shaft they have used on a club in hopes that it may get viewers to steer away from or at least be warned about possible bad shafts.

For me, the shaft that I would add to this list is a Mitsubishu Rayon Bassara 60 x5ct R-flex shaft. It has too much vibration the entire length of the shaft on ball contact and stings the palms of my hands.

Do you have any shafts you would like to mention?

This is really subjective, but the Aldila rogue I/O in the driver shaft... I just had no feel for where the club face was, and couldn't really feel the shaft through the swing... funny thing, when plugged into a 3w I really liked the results... although feel was still a little lacking.

For me, the shaft that I would add to this list is a Mitsubishu Rayon Bassara 60 x5ct R-flex shaft. It has too much vibration the entire length of the shaft on ball contact and stings the palms of my hands.
I have that shaft and really enjoy it. Just like when it comes to clubs, people are going to find certain shafts work for them, and some don't. That won't necessarily translate to other people's games though.

I have that shaft and really enjoy it. Just like when it comes to clubs, people are going to find certain shafts work for them, and some don't. That won't necessarily translate to other people's games though.

That's why I worded the opening post to say "in your own personal experience" I realize this is a subjective sort of thing.

This is really subjective, but the Aldila rogue I/O in the driver shaft... I just had no feel for where the club face was, and couldn't really feel the shaft through the swing... funny thing, when plugged into a 3w I really liked the results... although feel was still a little lacking.

Yep and that shaft proves it. I have that shaft in X and love it haha

Haha, I spose that's why there is more than one shaft available

MATRIX 8M3 Black Tie 2X in my 3 WOOD. Hands down the worst I've ever touched. Whippy, sloppy. Lost the club head not just in the downswing but in the back swing as well. Ball would fly all over the place. Just YUCK.
Oddly enough I have a a 6M3 BLACK TIE Tour X In my driver and LOVE it!!!!

Hahahaha...score is now 2-1 on the Rogue I/o....I have it and totally agree with Rallo....stiff flex and had no feel for me at all.

hmmm, a shaft i never got along with? i don't think there is anything that was just generally a bad fit for me. there have been some shafts i didn't like the feel of (recently the thce16 tester shaft), but still managed to have some decent results.

Hahahaha...score is now 2-1 on the Rogue I/o....I have it and totally agree with Rallo....stiff flex and had no feel for me at all.

I'll just chalk that up to me being weird haha

Back