Choose one you want to be better at.

Choose one you want to be better at.

• Driving! Will it go left, right or straight.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Approach shots including long irons, these are hard!

Votes: 39 28.5%
  • Pitching and chipping, get it close.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Putting!

Votes: 22 16.1%

• Total voters
Getting in the fairway off the tee more often hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought it was my tee game that tended to drive my score, but my stats tell a different story. My approach game is very bad. When I this a drive down the middle, I seem to rarely hit the green.

Approach shots and long irons for me.

Driving. If I could hit my 230 yd drive on the fairway from my tees 70% of the time and the other 30% of the time keep it playable, I could save 12 strokes per round.

I just need to hit fairways off the tee.... This is how my rounds seem to go: Bad 1 with 0-8 fairways hit 85+ Good round with 9 fairways hit 75 or under. It's so frustrating because my game from 175 yards and in is super solid. Just need to hit more fairways off the tee... That's all there is to it.
You'd be scratch if you hit 9 fairways every round.

My best scores are consistently when I hit a high number of GIR, so definitely my approach play.

driving. If I could get it out to a decent distance and be fairly close to the fairway would make my approaches much easier (hitting an iron from the fairway is just a bit easier than trying to hit a hybrid under trees).

Wish there was an E option for all of the above.

I don't drive it far and I barely hit my share of greens. I can chip and hit sand shots pretty well but still need to make the putts.

If I could putt better I could save par A LOT and I could make more birdies when I do hit the green. I could cut 4 - 6 strokes per round.

Short Game for sure. 50 yards to the green is in need of the most work. Getting it on the green and closer to the pin without going back and forth form one side of the green to the next will greatly help my putting stats. Short game is my whole focus right now.

Driving - my biggest nemesis.
Everything in my game is dependant on getting off the tee box.

I'd say long irons. Hit more greens on long par 4s, go for it more on par 5s, rescue more wayward drives.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Driving me ... like Spivey everything sort of hinges on getting out of the tee box ... would like to be a little longer and hit a few more fairways ...

Driving the ball. I rarely, if ever, have a terrible day with irons, chipping, or putting but have had a lot of terrible days driving. It has gotten better but I consistently hit way more greens than fairways.

I could stand to get much better all around, but since I could only pick one then it's for sure chipping and pitching. I give up way too many strokes around the green. 2nd would be approaches. Sunday's round was a glaring reminder that, once again, I've spent way too much time hitting driver and irons on the range lately, not enough short game.

Pitching and chipping. I'd love to be able to pitch it to within 10ft and chip it within 3ft.

Good responses so far!

My putting. It's so bad right now. Worked on a lot of putting down a shop ruler and was solid for about two months.. Then I started to lose them all left on the ruler, so I started compensating. Turns out, the ruler wasn't sitting quite flat anymore on the carpet so I was basically trying to draw my putts to keep them online. Handicap has gone up nearly two strokes this month and I'm a disaster while I fix this.

I honestly feel that I kill my game by the struggles I have Pitching and Chipping...

Driving - my biggest nemesis.
Everything in my game is dependant on getting off the tee box.

I 1000% agree with this.

Back