I finally obtained something I am very happy with and proud of

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
A new PB is always a great feeling, however although it lasts as long as till the next PB that great feeling is only for the day and/or for a short while. To me its about the handicap which is what ultimately tells one where he stands or at least has the potential to stand.

I been working pretty hard at golf the past few seasons. At least for what my resources of time and money allow I've made great efforts, several lessons for first time in many years, more practice and golf than ever before. Maybe not total commitment but a pretty darn good one and enough of one to still keep things enjoyable at the same time.

But anyway I've had my HC trend drop below 16 but never more than a round before heading back up again and never through a revision. Well, I finally and (at least for now) am officially below 16.

Now here is the funny part. Without getting into a long story (we all know how I can write long stories lol). For a couple of reasons (without long explanations) I ended up with two different HC club memberships. And I have yet to even play competitively lol. But it is what it is. One has me at 14.9 and the other 15.6

After further investigating it seems I had 3 individual 9hole rounds. One system combined my 2 half rounds from the same course and the other system combined the 2 lowest of the 3 which was one half round from each of two different courses. The results offered a score of 96 at one system while the other an 87 and that result when combined with my last best 10 of 20 results in a .7 difference between the two handicap systems. Which is correct I don't really know and I don't want credit for something I didn't earn but regardless either way I am below 16 and is the point and I couldn't be happier with that progress. Very proud of this :)
Though it would be nice to know which one is correct. For now i'll just say 15.3 and split the difference lol. And then only hope with both of them I stay under that ever elusive sub 16 I was never before able to keep.

Congrats!

The same rounds with the same course/slope ratings selected provide me with a 23.2 on GHIN and a 17.9 on GolfLogix. I'm not sure why.

Congrats!

The same rounds with the same course/slope ratings selected provide me with a 23.2 on GHIN and a 17.9 on GolfLogix. I'm not sure why.

That's a big difference. Mine is only a little more than half a point but your looking at like 5 points. With that much difference, is it possible your entering total scores and not your esc scores? Perhaps is golflogix is keeping your scores per hole by hole and is automatically registering esc holes. The may be the reason. Either that or have a few rounds not entered in one vs the other.

When I used Golflogix, it didn't seem their HC tracking system was accurate.

Maybe once a month I will play a local 9-hole Muni course that is easier...I score well there, and my HC will go down way too much (it seemed like it did to me anyways).
If I factored in my 4 nine hole rounds from there, I believe my HC drops below 9. Again, I don't know for sure, but I don't think I'm anywhere near under a 9 handicap.
So, I just don't count any of my 9 hole scores. It seems to mess up my free HC tracking via the smartphone App's.

I finally obtained something I am very happy with and proud of

Congrats. Keep up the positive trend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you put the rounds into the system on different days? The 9 hole rounds are typically paired chronologically. If you put them in to the systems with different dates then that may be your difference?

did you put the rounds into the system on different days? The 9 hole rounds are typically paired chronologically. If you put them in to the systems with different dates then that may be your difference?

yea, I think your right and is what happened. Actually there may be a 9 (one of the 3) that I may not have entered but I cant tell. The NJSGA system is terrible vs the UShandicap system. It tracks nothing, no stats at all and you must enter your esc score and once entered there is no editing as far as I can tell. I remember having some trouble now that I think about it and I even went as far as emailing them with a couple good questions but they never bothered to respond back after a second (same) email was sent again. I had to join this NJSGA because I was hoping to play in an event at my local and in order to do that I had to be a member of the NJSGA only.

In fact when I joined it was suppose to take 9transfer) my ghin number from the other "ushandicap" system and it took days and but they were never able to transfer it over and so I have two ghin numbers. One from each. I had to manually enter everything from one to the other score wise. Crazy stuff! But this is how I ended up with the 2 systems. And also two slightly different caps. I actually had them both the same for one revision period but this 3x 9hole thing threw it back off again. But it is close enough at only 1/2 .point or so, so not bad. Hopefully as the rounds add up and others fall away it will eventually get even again.

Back