The Classroom: How To Reshaft Golf Clubs

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most asked questions about golf club work is how difficult is it to reshaft golf clubs, specifically a driver with an adapter. THP TV went right to the experts at UST Mamiya to have them show a step by step guide to reshafting a driver, and these instructions can be used to reshaft any golf club.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/reshaft-golf-clubs/

Great video here. I know my first time reshafting a club I was a bit nervous but this shows just how easy it truly is.

Great stuff from Danny! I never previously put some epoxy on the tip before putting the ferrule on. His slid on easier than mine do so I will start doing it from here out. Still amazing me that he hits the graphite shaft on concrete to make sure the shaft is completed seated.

Last edited:
Great video he did it fast and broke the steps down so it was easy to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny explains this process very well, anyone who watches this video should have no problem assembling clubs.

This is great. I've just started doing this myself - finished my first club a couple weeks ago. This video is gonna be a lot of help going forward.

I love the video. I could watch Danny reshaft and talk golf all day

One of the most asked questions about golf club work is how difficult is it to reshaft golf clubs, specifically a driver with an adapter. THP TV went right to the experts at UST Mamiya to have them show a step by step guide to reshafting a driver, and these instructions can be used to reshaft any golf club.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/reshaft-golf-clubs/

We need more of these!!! And then a dedicated storage location/thread on the site where THPer's can find this information when they need it.

Other instructional videos I would suggest:

- Grip removal, installation
- Shaft removal (Danny showed how to install one, but what about removing one, both steel and graphite?)
- Shaft cutting
- Hot melt install?

I'm sure others have suggestions too, but that would REALLY make for a useful repository for THPers and even better on the THP YouTube site!!!

• Admin
We need more of these!!! And then a dedicated storage location/thread on the site where THPer's can find this information when they need it.

Other instructional videos I would suggest:

- Grip removal, installation
- Shaft removal (Danny showed how to install one, but what about removing one, both steel and graphite?)
- Shaft cutting
- Hot melt install?

I'm sure others have suggestions too, but that would REALLY make for a useful repository for THPers and even better on the THP YouTube site!!!

You mean like that tab on the home page that says The Classroom? :blob:

You mean like that tab on the home page that says The Classroom? :blob:

Who goes to the homepage??? LOL

But as an extension of that section, perhaps an easier way to group/organize what is in there...

Great informative video. I don't have a problem with installing a new shaft. But I'd LOVE to see him do a tutorial of them removing a graphite shaft.

Loved this video. As someone who has not ventured into golf club work...videos like this just might give me the courage to try it. Like others have said more of these videos would be ideal.

Great job! THP!

Who goes to the homepage??? LOL

Thanks?
You just did when you clicked the link and saw the hard work that goes into putting it together.
Or use the Mobile App...

this video just opened a whole can of worms haha that looked so incredibly easy. My first question would be whats the best way to remove paint from the shaft tip?

this video just opened a whole can of worms haha that looked so incredibly easy. My first question would be whats the best way to remove paint from the shaft tip?

Best way? Or easiest to do at home without tools way?
Simple light sand paper would work fine. The key is not to oversand.

Best way? Or easiest to do at home without tools way?
Simple light sand paper would work fine. The key is not to oversand.

Right. I guess even if you just make the surface a touch rougher it would serve the same purpose as a raw surface.

Right. I guess even if you just make the surface a touch rougher it would serve the same purpose as a raw surface.

Yes sir. The goal behind it is for bonding. I agree with Danny about roughing up the interior of the adapter if you are using one as well. They are machined pretty darn well now and can be quite smooth.

Very informative. I might have t actually this myself. It would certainly save a lot of time. Thanks for the video, it was great!

Seeing Danny do this first hand is pretty cool. He treats every club like it’s his own. Really fun to watch and learning a lot. Great video on the process.

Danny is just the best! Love how easy he makes it look and how well he explains it all. This doesn't seem nearly as overwhelming now that I've watched this video and seen Danny build clubs firsthand. Hard working man in golf!

I love this! It's so informative and worth learning about.

About the most simple way I've seen anyone put this. I would like to have more details on trimming the shaft and proper tools to use, but it's a great overview on how simple it is

Great video, Danny makes it look so easy. I am planning on starting to do all my own club work.

Have to watch this one tonight when I get home. Could be interesting.

That is a very well done, straight forward video. The only thing I would caution on is the comment he makes regarding having more epoxy in the hosel is better than not enough (this is true but a bit misleading). If the fit is good you really don't need much epoxy, if the fit is a bit loose you should be using shafting beads to help with this. Most excess epoxy ends up going up the inside of the shaft. If there is too much epoxy on the inside of the shaft (it should not extend past where the hosel/adapter is...it doesn't take much) it can create a break point and may cause shaft breakage at the tip area. I see this as one of the most common mistakes of club making. Manufacturers make this mistake quite often as well, I have removed epoxy plugs from tips of OEM built clubs that have been over 3 inches long.

Last edited:
Back