The Classroom: How To Reshaft Golf Clubs

Danny makes it look effortless. He wipes off the hosel in the video, but in person, I'm not even sure any epoxy leaked out. Flawless work.

Really cool video! I look forward to more of this content. THP does a GREAT job of bringing it!

Bookmarked!

Although I have installed a few shafts on my own, it's always nice to see how the experts do it. Great instructional tool. I bookmarked it on my browser.

I just recently did this. I bought a shaft and adapter and was pretty easy to do. However, the shaft wasn't right for me. So, I ordered another shaft and adapter and did it again. The second time didn't turn out as well as the first. I wasn't able to get the ferrule all the way in. Phooey! It works fine just doesn't look normal. To correct it, I will probably just cut the ferrule off and get a 2 piece ferrule to replace it.

I just recently did this. I bought a shaft and adapter and was pretty easy to do. However, the shaft wasn't right for me. So, I ordered another shaft and adapter and did it again. The second time didn't turn out as well as the first. I wasn't able to get the ferrule all the way in. Phooey! It works fine just doesn't look normal. To correct it, I will probably just cut the ferrule off and get a 2 piece ferrule to replace it.

Make sure to follow Danny's steps in the video, keep it pretty fool proof this way with new shafts and adapters.

Great video. Easy and not intimidating when Danny explains the process. I always pickup tips from this type of instruction.

Glad everybody is enjoying this one.
We have a new THP Classroom video coming up next week as well that we think THPers will enjoy.

I remember the first time I saw Danny at the 1st ever UST event and he looks at my clubs and goes, "Who's clubs are these?" I thought he was about to say what an awesome bag set up I had and such, so after I indicated it was my bag he goes, "Who put these grips on, they are crooked" Crooked?? Well, of course I put them on and he went on to show me how crooked.

To this day, I take much more time aligning my grips now! LOL.

I remember the first time I saw Danny at the 1st ever UST event and he looks at my clubs and goes, "Who's clubs are these?" I thought he was about to say what an awesome bag set up I had and such, so after I indicated it was my bag he goes, "Who put these grips on, they are crooked" Crooked?? Well, of course I put them on and he went on to show me how crooked.

To this day, I take much more time aligning my grips now! LOL.

I just go logo down so I can hide my inaccuracies haha

Yes sir. The goal behind it is for bonding. I agree with Danny about roughing up the interior of the adapter if you are using one as well. They are machined pretty darn well now and can be quite smooth.

This may be the most important tidbit in the whole video. I've seen two of the newer callaway adapters come loose from installs on aftermarket shafts. Have to rough 'em up a bit to get them to bond for sure.

I just go logo down so I can hide my inaccuracies haha

LOL same here.

Always good to get a refresher. I do my own club work, but it's always nice to hear from the pros that I'm doing in the right way.

Great video by Danny and this reaffirmed that the few times I've done it that I did do it correctly. After all, no club heads flying down range (hi Wardy!!).

I'm always amazed while watching the masters at work, it seems so effortless for them and if I was trying to do any of it myself, I'd be sweating bullets thinking I'd hurt my clubs!

Last time I shafted an adjustable club I put the tip on the shaft separately from the head. It sort of worked but it would appear that I've been doing it wrong. Or at least in a less efficient manner.

Honestly I think my hands would be shaking because I'd be terrified or f-Ing it up! Danny makes it look so easy, I'm sure with practice it becomes second nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-watched this, and still amazed at how easy and fluid he makes the whole process look. as a guy who literally can't hang pictures on the walls of his own house, i appreciate watching someone who can do this kind of stuff.

how did he prep the inside of the adapter? and at what point of this process does he SST Pure the shaft (haha jk!)

After watching this I think I really flubbed my first re-shafting experiment a couple months ago. Really good point about roughing up the interior. Makes so much sense now, but I honestly never thought about that when I was working on mine.

This video is going to extremely helpful going forward. Gonna have to bookmark this thread.

I've been reshafting clubs since the mid 90s. I love that Danny secured the adapters in the head of the driver. I've always installed the adapters outside of the head. This seems like such a better way to get a secure fit. The 30min epoxy is something I need to buy more of.

Love this video. I've re-shafted a few clubs and this gave me a new tip for even epoxy on the shaft. When Danny rolls the shaft in the epoxy he gets much better coverage. Don't know why but I had always used the wooden mixer to apply to the shaft but have started using this technique instead.

I think I've commented in this before but just to make sure....

Great video showing all the steps and how quickly this can actually be accomplished. I always thought the 24 Hr epoxy was more effective but apparently not if Danny doesn't use it. Putting the epoxy in the adapter while it was in the head was the biggest surprise to me. I would have thought you wouldn't want to get any excess epoxy anywhere near the inside of the head itself. Live and Learn!!

After being charged about $20 per club to reshaft I decided it was time to learn. I have been doing it for a few years now. I do a good job but it can sometimes get a little messy. As mentioned before I like how Danny applies to epoxy to the shaft and you can never use too much epoxy

I think I've commented in this before but just to make sure....

Great video showing all the steps and how quickly this can actually be accomplished. I always thought the 24 Hr epoxy was more effective but apparently not if Danny doesn't use it. Putting the epoxy in the adapter while it was in the head was the biggest surprise to me. I would have thought you wouldn't want to get any excess epoxy anywhere near the inside of the head itself. Live and Learn!!

He does use the 24 hours sometimes, I'm just not sure what dictates when he uses it. He used 24 hour epoxy when he did my irons at #ShaftUp 1 and put them in the oven to cure them. He did add some tungsten powder to the epoxy he used on mine to fine tune the swing weights, so that could have something to do with using the 24 hour epoxy.

I'd love to set up a club workshop in my garage and really practice this stuff. If the wife would let me. I think the cost savings over time would win her over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back