How Much Does The Look Of A Shaft Matter To You?

How Much Does The Look Of A Shaft Matter To You?

• Not at all

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • The looks are what makes me want it

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • It might draw me in, but in the end doesn't matter

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • I have never thought about it

Votes: 12 10.1%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The poll is above. Give us your thoughts.

I won't lie, if a shaft looks cool, I'm more likely to pursue it.

It doesn't matter to me at all. I would prefer a cool looking shaft but will play what I get fitted to.

Interesting question. When I was looking for an aftermarket shaft, I was drawn to the color scheme of the Fujikara Speeder Evolution 757, but the Tour Spec version in black actually fit me better. I really don't like the paint job on the Tour Spec since it isn't anything special but the way it performs is so much more important than the graphics.

Honestly looks are what draw me the shaft in the beginning, but in the end if it doesn't work for me whats the point? I love the look of the the tour green, but the green is to low launch for me so whats the point of using it.

I do not care one bit.
Unless I get to create my own shaft, then it matters tremendously!
#TheHandCraftedExperience

I used to think they mattered a ton, now it's all about performance, I might have an opinion on the look, but depending on how it works for me the looks are inconsequential.

I don't pay any attention to the look of a shaft. The only thing that concerns me on the shaft is if it fits my swing.

I would say not at all, but while performance is the big factor it is nice to have something that doesn't look ugly.

I love cool looking shafts, but it's just a bonus for me. First question is does it work for me. Luckily at #TheHandCraftedExperience, I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too!

All things being equal, I'm taking the shaft that looks better with the head.

Looks matter to me

Doesn't matter to me a lick, as long a I'm able to control my ball I'm happy.

If there are two shafts that perform similarly, looks would be a tie breaker, but I won't pick an inferior shafts based on looks alone.

I really doesn't matter at all, but there are some incredibly cool looking shafts out there.

I like a "no flash" or "little flash" shaft. Nothing bright colored or graphic's. I remember when the Callaway Diablo line came out and they had the shafts that had some sort of mid evil graphics or whatever BS on them, and I thought no way. I was happy those went away.

I look at it like a tie. Sometimes, its like a fashion statement, shows some style. Performance is still number one though.

JM

It might draw me in, but in the end I'm going with what works best

I certainly think some shafts look better/cooler than others, but it has absolutely no bearing on what shaft I play.

Looks draw me in or peak my interest, but numbers don't lie.

Zero!

I don't like the looks of that ATTAS (Orange) in the Bridgestone 815, but seem to hit it well. Results speak!

I would play a pink one if it gave me 25 more yards

Looks matter to me, but aren't enough to constitute a shaft swap on their own.

I like shafts that have a nice two-tone thing going on, and a cool design like most Miyazaki products is always nice.

I go performance first but id be lying if i said looks dont add to it. Some shafts just look awesome and if they fit its a win win.

I mostly only care about the design if it is affirmatively bad or clashes with the club head. Otherwise it is a spectrum of relative indifference.

I picked the 3rd answer. I'm very excited about designing the look of my own shaft for the Project X event coming up in August. I need to do some homework and look at a bunch of different shafts to see what really pops to me in the looks department. So many ways to go with design - flashy, loud, subdued. No idea what I'll settle on.

Back