Golf Carts should have Tablet holders...

I almost wish we could go back to a time none of this stuff existed..lol

I remember when manufacturers of cell phones would market and brag how small and slim they could make our phones so as to fit in shirt pockets or tiny little belt clips, etc, wherever and be extremely unnoticed. Nowadays everyone has bulging pockets due to our mini desktops we must carry. We need the biggest screens and highest capabilities always with us every second. Soon enough and we'll be walking around with glowing images of giant size screens appearing in the space in front of our heads. At least right up till we get hit by a car while crossing the street.

Ah, my little rant is over..lol but I see no need. The more crap we have the more it takes away from our social skills and who really needs to add anymore time to rounds via fiddling with such things?

I don't use a cart but after all the years I only just realized my county doesn't even have carts with pop out rain shelter for the clubs. Imo Id say get that stuff before bothering with electronics holders.

First. Why would you need a iPad on the course ?
Second. I have bike mount that I could use if needed. Useally just throw my phone somewhere in the cart.

First. Why would you need a iPad on the course ?

The idea would be that it's hands free with a mount. You can use it as a GPS without having to hold your phone or a range finder. It would also have the course score card on it so you wouldn't need a pencil that you drop or a card where you can't read the person scoring's handwriting. Just type it away. Many apps offer immediate handicap upload. With a phone you need a hand free and the screen is small.

Was a just a thought.

Nope. If your phone can't do want your tablet then it's time to update your phone

The idea would be that it's hands free with a mount. You can use it as a GPS without having to hold your phone or a range finder. It would also have the course score card on it so you wouldn't need a pencil that you drop or a card where you can't read the person scoring's handwriting. Just type it away. Many apps offer immediate handicap upload. With a phone you need a hand free and the screen is small.

Was a just a thought.

are we really at a time that we've lost so much skill we are incompetent to write a score with a pencil? Or that's become too much trouble to do? I mean really? Imo that's easier and faster than entering it on a device.

We've already lost too many social skills. Now we've lost ability to perform the simple task of keeping score?

You just cant make this stuff up..lol

As for gps ?, a gps watch is the easiest, most convenient, fastest thing there is.

are we really at a time that we've lost so much skill we are incompetent to write a score with a pencil? Or that's become too much trouble to do? I mean really? Imo that's easier and faster than entering it on a device.

We've already lost too many social skills. Now we've lost ability to perform the simple task of keeping score?

As for gps ?, a gps watch is the easiest, most convenient, fastest thing there is.

I think it is great for outings and tournaments though as it can allow for you to see the scores of multiple groups while playing. I also happen to have the worst hand writing in the world and can't even read what I wrote a few days later but can manage to write a legible number down.

I think it is great for outings and tournaments though as it can allow for you to see the scores of multiple groups while playing. I also happen to have the worst hand writing in the world and can't even read what I wrote a few days later but can manage to write a legible number down.

Im sure like all tech, its got its perks. And ive seen this at outings as well. But its on our phones. But to just have this because we are unable to keep score with a pencil? IDK I guess Im too old fashion.

I have the most atrocious handwriting in the world. It is a godsend for me that medical records are now done on the computer.

You would NOT want me writing your score on the card. Trust me.

It's one thing to not like the idea. It's entirely another to write what you just did. Sheesh.

Nope. Phone does everything I need. And who cares about hands free? Is it really that hard to take two seconds and do it on a phone? Also what happens on CPO only days? Do you lug that thing the 50 yards to your mishit ball?

Im sure like all tech, its got its perks. And ive seen this at outings as well. But its on our phones. But to just have this because we are unable to keep score with a pencil? IDK I guess Im too old fashion.

"Get off my lawn whippersnappers!" - Rollin

Put me in the I don't care either way camp. As many already said, phones will do the same things for those who feel the need. I don't typically even have my phone handy at the course but I know many do. The only tech I personally use on the course with any regularity is my GPS watch but I'm completely OK with others doing whatever it is THEY prefer to do. Just so long as users aren't holding up play because of whatever else they are doing, or as stated that the golfer who accidentally damages your tablet isn't held liable, then all is good by me.

It doesn't matter to me if someone brings a tablet to use as a gps/scorekeeping device. I use my phone as a gps, but I still keep score on the scorecard.

I don't think it's something to put people down for doing or asking about or making a thread about. Although if someone wants to bring something that big, they should bring their own mount for it if they don't want it in the cubby or on the seat. No need to add things to the cart for it, especially since if they were to do it, they would have to add something to hold the largest tablet which is a lot to ask of a company who makes golf carts when there is always something annoying about the layout of any golf cart, regardless of the manufacturer.

Yay or Nay?

Apps out there that do everything for your round besides hit the ball. GPS, stroke tracker, handicap calculator, etc.

Thoughts?

What's in it for them?

Nothing but extra cost and liability.

Things break and they have to replace or maintain them and this is when everything is perfect.

If the holder failed to hold the tablet properly through the rugged terrain on the course, they could be held responsible. Some numb nuts decide to take them to small claims they have to go and defend themselves or risk getting judgement against them.

What if people are complaining about slowing play down? Sorry.

There's no upside for them, none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nay. I want to disconnect for a bit.

What's in it for them?

Nothing but extra cost and liability.

Things break and they have to replace or maintain them and this is when everything is perfect.

If the holder failed to hold the tablet properly through the rugged terrain on the course, they could be held responsible. Some numb nuts decide to take them to small claims they have to go and defend themselves or risk getting judgement against them.

What if people are complaining about slowing play down? Sorry.

There's no upside for them, none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good points.

It's one thing to not like the idea. It's entirely another to write what you just did. Sheesh.

its not so much liking (or not) the idea. I don't care how one wants to keep score so long as it isn't slowing things down. But its just that when keeping a simple golf score with a pencil has become too much a task, or too difficult, or an inconvenience for us , there is something sad to be said for that. lol

I vote no. Leave the Tablets at home and enjoy the course.

its not so much liking (or not) the idea. I don't care how one wants to keep score so long as it isn't slowing things down. But its just that when keeping a simple golf score with a pencil has become too much a task, or too difficult, or an inconvenience for us , there is something sad to be said for that. lol

There are ways to voice an opinion. Your post was not the way.

There are many things that are pure convenience. The old school guys would say Range Finders are pure convenience. "Eyeball it!" $300 for a little device to tell you which club to use?? USB ports in Golf Carts? Bah!

I disagree with the above, but I know people personally that don't.

Hell a big fat NO to tablet holders.

Yes people have to mark their score, but why re-invent the wheel when the course give out free score cards. The good old Americans(NASA) tried to re design the ball point pen so it would write in zero gravity and spent mega $$$. The Russians made do with pencils.

Sometimes there is simply no need.

I'm very curious why people think this would slow play down.

You punch in a number instead of writing it with a pencil.

Instead of using a range finder or using your phone for course management, it's right in front of you on the tablet.

How does that take longer than someone walking from the cart with his range finder to his ball, checking the distance and then walking back to the cart to put it back, then pulling his club, then hitting his ball? I've seen this happen more than once.

One club near me has the ideal solution. GPS built into carts, not only shows yardages to various spots on hole, but also shows how far group ahead of you is. Really speeds up play, as you can see if they are "out of range" of your next shot.
And, it's tablet size screen for old farts like me and our bad eyesight.

none of my posts were to put anyone down. Only coming from an honest view for how technology has for all its great worth and gains, has also sadly resulted in us losing a lot too.

One club near me has the ideal solution. GPS built into carts, not only shows yardages to various spots on hole, but also shows how far group ahead of you is. Really speeds up play, as you can see if they are "out of range" of your next shot.
And, it's tablet size screen for old farts like me and our bad eyesight.

AWESOME!!!

Back