Golf Carts should have Tablet holders...

One club near me has the ideal solution. GPS built into carts, not only shows yardages to various spots on hole, but also shows how far group ahead of you is. Really speeds up play, as you can see if they are "out of range" of your next shot.
Only one course I have played had these features and it was awesome. Pembroke Lakes in Pembroke Pines FL. Municipal course so it gets a lot of play, but those features along with the upkeep of the course was definitely something I won't forget and will be back one day.

I'm very curious why people think this would slow play down.

You punch in a number instead of writing it with a pencil.

Instead of using a range finder or using your phone for course management, it's right in front of you on the tablet.

How does that take longer than someone walking from the cart with his range finder to his ball, checking the distance and then walking back to the cart to put it back, then pulling his club, then hitting his ball? I've seen this happen more than once.

I guess it depends on the apps. My solution is very simple and probably the quickest way to mark the scores and keep your head out of the numbers(which can be bad for most people), I use game golf live. I tag it before each shots and I check my score at the end of the round.

Problems with golf apps is it relying on internet signal and unless you are playing golf in the city or you let the app run on the phone the whole round, which is near impossible, those apps drain the battery like there's no tomorrow, gps and graphics, you are going to running into a lot of re-connection and lags. I used to try many of them and none are instant.

It gets worse if you want to start keeping stats, now you gotta tell the apps where the pin located on each hole, and whether you are on the fairway/rough,or fringe/green. This is already slow using latest premium models, it gets unbearable with cheap devices.

Back