do you guys ever check out watchismo dot com? They have some solid deals and a huge variety of timepieces.

do you guys ever check out watchismo dot com? They have some solid deals and a huge variety of timepieces.
I've heard of it. Watchfinder is a great one for used watches, it surfs a bunch of sites for you and helps you find deals

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Watchrecon.com is also a great aggregator of message board watch sales, if you don't mind preowned.

For a short time I was a moderator on a Vintage Rolex forum. I got into vintage Rolex big time but now just wear a GMTII-C (for ceramic bezel). This is the last Rolex I sold. It was a 6263 from 1969. Just an FYI but they can be 100% correct if adjusted properly and often. The micro-stellar adjustment makes that possible even on older models. Other brands normally will not take a beating like a Rolex. The movements are like tanks. Also beware, sharks are everywhere when it comes to fakes. If anyone is ever interested I can steer people to honest dealers.

6239returned3.jpg

I'll start off with the one I have been wearing the last couple days. 1978 Tudor Blue Snowflake ref. 94110.

iTi1jDx.jpg
Beautiful blue dialed Tudor. I had a black dialed one, complete package with the original boxes, receipt, do-dads, etc. The black paint was defective and bubbled. So they did not make the black ones long before the blue dials replaced them.

9401a.jpg

Last edited:
My current small, modest rotation in the watch box. Clockwise from top left:

Basic Timex Expedition
Seiko Solar Chronograph Diver
Orient Star Standard Date (automatic)
Victorinox Airboss Mach 4 (handwound)

3151fd4c969ccc0251b23ab9a985b3d1.jpg

For a short time I was a moderator on a Vintage Rolex forum. I got into vintage Rolex big time but now just wear a GMTII-C (for ceramic bezel). This is the last Rolex I sold. It was a 6263 from 1969. Just an FYI but they can be 100% correct if adjusted properly and often. The micro-stellar adjustment makes that possible even on older models. Other brands normally will not take a beating like a Rolex. The movements are like tanks. Also beware, sharks are everywhere when it comes to fakes. If anyone is ever interested I can steer people to honest dealers.

6239returned3.jpg
That's really cool stuff parsaver. May take you up on that someday.

Out of curiosity, what does a decent older Rolex start at?

Beautiful blue dialed Tudor. I had a black dialed one, complete package with the original boxes, receipt, do-dads, etc. The black paint was defective and bubbled. So they did not make the black ones long before the blue dials replaced them.

9401a.jpg

Awesome!

That's really cool stuff parsaver. May take you up on that someday.

Out of curiosity, what does a decent older Rolex start at?

Depends on the model. Vintage Datejusts can be had for 3k.

Not as fancy as a bunch of the watches in here but my father in law did well for my birthday. Been wanting an analog g-shock for a knock around watch.

4AEA0376-C27E-4D17-9318-73400094A32F_zpszvvf9kuj.jpg

They're not super fancy but I love my two g-shocks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My Invicta 8926 OB should be in today
575089d1361967695-schnapper-invicta-pro-diver-8926ob-6-tage-alt-p2274408.jpg

Not as fancy as a bunch of the watches in here but my father in law did well for my birthday. Been wanting an analog g-shock for a knock around watch.

I like that!

Loved my g-shock I should buy another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a Tag Heuer Aquaracer for my birthday 7 years ago and have worn it just about every day since. It's been a great watch, but Is showing wear from the beating I've put on it. Any idea on where is best to get it restored a bit, and how much it would cost? uploadfromtaptalk1438692752566.jpg

attachment.php

I recently traded up. My Air king for this Explorer 1.

So much more comfortable and the Easylink bracelet is the shizzle!

It's my everyday watch.

Attachments

• IMG_20150525_121220865_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150525_121220865_HDR.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1
^^^^ yeah I've seen that place recommended for Tag Heuer as well.

I've had one of their fake Rolex "Aquaracer's" for 10 years now and it's pretty beat up too and I had to have the pin repaired a few years ago but haven't gotten around to getting the sapphire replaced due to a scratch - so it needs to go there soon. I really don't want to spend too much on a watch (nor do I want to buy a new one) as I'm rough on them.

Tag Heuer Aquaracer

LsjG1NG.png

^^^^ yeah I've seen that place recommended for Tag Heuer as well.

I've had one of their fake Rolex "Aquaracer's" for 10 years now and it's pretty beat up too and I had to have the pin repaired a few years ago but haven't gotten around to getting the sapphire replaced due to a scratch - so it needs to go there soon. I really don't want to spend too much on a watch (nor do I want to buy a new one) as I'm rough on them.

Tag Heuer Aquaracer

LsjG1NG.png

This is a good watch, I wore it for several years as an everyday watch. Just had it refurbished and use it for traveling

Just added this to my collection the other day. Might need to get another Orbita winder for my Omega now.

Apple? What band is that? Nice looking combo.

This is a good watch, I wore it for several years as an everyday watch. Just had it refurbished and use it for traveling

yeah, it's been great and is still timely since it had that larger "modern size" compared to the Rolex submariners available back then. For the under $1500 budget it's still a slam dunk and I wouldn't feel like jumping off a bridge if something happened to it. She could use a service though.

3703efe5e4b471d68c53f3187f5ebc84.jpg

Here's my pair. Citizen purpetual chronograph and a Bulova Marine Heritage mechanical. Someday I'll have a Zenith El Premiro 1969 open..... someday.

I love watches, but I'm nowhere in the ballpark for what some of y'all are paying... I think the most expensive watch I have cost me $100... My favorite watch I have is an Invicta white face and silver bracelet. I've had it around 8 or 9 years and have only had to replace the battery periodically. It was $75 at Sam's Club!

Back