The History of Golf Pride Grips

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For nearly 70 years, Golf Pride has been making grips for golf and that history is really interesting. Join THP TV and Bruce Miller as they take a stroll down memory lane with some fascinating stories and photos straight from the Golf Pride Museum. If you are a fan of golf equipment, this is one video you will not want to miss.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/history-golf-pride-grips/

Really neat seeing pictures and ads of grips throughout the years pop up during the video. Hearing the history was very fascinating as well.

Pretty good spot with Golf Pride. I'd like to see more photos from the "museum"

Grips being such a personal thing once you find some you like it's hard to go to a different feel.

I had to chuckle when he said the majority of Amateur golfers don't regroup. I played with a guy a few weeks ago his grips were so slick and dry rotted. I picked up his pitching wedge off the green as a polite gesture. As I handed him the club I asked him if he likes that feel. He said he doesn't want to pay someone to put grips on. I chuckled and said it's the easiest thing a golfer can do to help his game.

The cycle of the color palette is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"We show our butts on tour" Now that's a button! I remember when green/black Victory Grips were really the only grip golf shops carried. Everyone had them on their clubs. When the red ones became available people were shocked at how flamboyant they were. Man times have changed. Great spot.

Love the Strat-o-something hanging there as well.

Had no idea that grips were actually vulcanized directly on shafts at one time and couldn't be changed. Amazing, what we now take for granted. Great spot!!

Really an interesting look back.

I completely agree that more people show know how to, and actually make the effort to replace their grips. That said, with proper care doing it annually still seems like overkill. If I bought a grip that was truly worn down after a season I probably wouldn't be buying from that company again. A regular cleaning goes a long way.

Wow 70 years, that is a lot of history. No wonder they are the #1 leader in this field and 80% of the field on the PGA Tour uses them. Love the old pictures from the past.

Neat video. Since I have been off work with the new baby I've had a lot of time to lurk around the forum.

Great video, loved learning about the history, 70 years is a longtime to be around and stay relevant.

Who knew that Akron is the Rubber Capitol of the world?

The graphics in the video were soooo cool.

Great Video
Loved the Fun facts

Pretty cool video learning about the history. Crazy to think of how they used to put the grips on and there was no re gripping business back then.

Glad those that tuned in are enjoying it. Its a very different kind of look at the golf industry with a museum kind of feel.

Finally got around to watching this and it deserves a bump! Great video and interesting info and photos for sure!

Back