The Jordan Spieth Thread

Kind of says something already when some reporters are saying if Spieth doesn't win the Open it will be a disappointment.

Because then the reporters will have to do ACTUAL work in looking for a building a story, or go back to Tiger. So it would be disappointing to them, who wants to work at their job?

Because then the reporters will have to do ACTUAL work in looking for a building a story, or go back to Tiger. So it would be disappointing to them, who wants to work at their job?

Yep... there aren't tons of potential headlines for this week or anything :alien:

Kind of says something already when some reporters are saying if Spieth doesn't win the Open it will be a disappointment.

I was just thinking yesterday that if Jordan can keep the media's astronomical goals out of his mindset and ignore the pressure they put on him, he will just keep moving along at his current pace (which is a pretty special pace right now).

It would be disappointing to many people. Sounds like everyone would like to see him win the first 3 Majors. That would really launch interest for the PGA tour. And give the talking heads something to actually talk about.

i don't see Spieth losing as a disappointment because alot of factors are involved in The Open, course conditions, weather, the draw the players get in their tee times. Plus so many golfers that have a chance to win this week will make it hard for Spieth.

It would be nice to see him win the first 3 majors and have a chance to win the grand slam, but as long as there is exciting golf to watch then i will be happy

haha of course it will be!!! How cool would seeing a kid win three straight majors?! It's unprecedented.

It would have been a disappointment if he lost the glass break challenge.

I really think is why he so successful. He is playing his own game and making his own history. The name he makes for himself will be his. The media will compare him to others but the guy will be a cornerstone in the history of the tour.
Jordan seems to have an old spirit. He won't be Tiger Woods. He won't be Jack Nicklaus. He's gonna be Jordan Spieth and I think that's what we want him to be.......great. I'm excited about this up coming week.

... very nice and personable, doesn't excel at anything in particular but no real weaknesses...

To.be fair, he excels at putting.

To.be fair, he excels at putting.

he's top 10 - 8th to be exact - in strokes gained putting. brendan Todd, cameron smith and freddie jacobson apparently all excel more than he does. yes, 8th is really good, but it's not the best. and yet he's the best player on tour. the only top 10 star I saw this year was scrambling in which he is 7th, which is obviously tied to putting.

after I made my comparison, nobilo did as well. spieth isn't a bomber; he doesn't have an amazing short game, he isn't a genius from 50-100y; and he doesn't make everything he looks at. I think our freddie made a great point: spieth has an uncanny ability to have short-term memory and to focus completely on the shot at hand.

I think Jordan is the best thing to happen to the game post perkinsgate. I will be rooting hard for him this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caught his interview from St Andrews , what a impressive person for his age or any age, really sounds like he can have a long successful career as long as he stays grounded(have no doubt of this) and healthy.

he's top 10 - 8th to be exact - in strokes gained putting. brendan Todd, cameron smith and freddie jacobson apparently all excel more than he does. yes, 8th is really good, but it's not the best. and yet he's the best player on tour. the only top 10 star I saw this year was scrambling in which he is 7th, which is obviously tied to putting.

after I made my comparison, nobilo did as well. spieth isn't a bomber; he doesn't have an amazing short game, he isn't a genius from 50-100y; and he doesn't make everything he looks at. I think our freddie made a great point: spieth has an uncanny ability to have short-term memory and to focus completely on the shot at hand.

I think Jordan is the best thing to happen to the game post perkinsgate. I will be rooting hard for him this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing he excels at right now is winning. I think he will take that.

Did he sounds like he was fighting a cold?

Jordan out practicing in the elements today. The kid is grinding and preparing as well as he can.

That press conference was like listening to a polished veteran. The kid or his handlers have him dialed in and saying all the right things

That press conference was like listening to a polished veteran. The kid or his handlers have him dialed in and saying all the right things

I like his openness and honesty...he def has some good people in his camp.

No doubt they have him polished but I think a lot of his answers are well thought out and great, non robotic, answers. So refreshing.

He is a real person so far and his proper upbringing and education is serving him very well.

JM

Love these videos that the PGA Tour has been putting out recently with the pros' warmup routines, here is Spieth:

Anyone know what driving iron Spieth keeps hitting off the tee? Looks like a GD shaft.

Back