changing the cleats always been a real pain, whats the secret?

I used needle nose pliers. Cleaning them after every round will help a bit with the build up also.

I've never had a problem since getting this. the different heads to grab the cleat work way, waaaaaayyyyy better than the ol' two prong thing.

thumb.jpg

~Rock

I've never had a problem since getting this. the different heads to grab the cleat work way, waaaaaayyyyy better than the ol' two prong thing.

thumb.jpg

~Rock

just bought one.
Though I did sit last night and change them the hard way. But for the future Ill have one of these :). Hope it works well.

just bought one.
Though I did sit last night and change them the hard way. But for the future Ill have one of these :). Hope it works well.
Trust me. Its substantially better.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'm late, but the cleat ripper was the right answer. It really does make the job so much easier.

I've had this issue in the past and I change them more frequently now. I also make sure to clean my cleats with compressed air after each round. This keeps the grooves clean and not caked up with mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a light touch, a small bit and drill the holes a little deeper on the ones giving me fits. Then the normal spike tool works just fine for me.

I buy new shoes. They come with brand new spikes.

Honestly, I got a cleat wrench and I make sure the thread wells are clean before I install new ones.

I'm late, but the cleat ripper was the right answer. It really does make the job so much easier.

I bought a Cleat Ripper yesterday and used it to. First thoughts are "Where have you been all of my life".

soak the spike threads by filling a basin with warm water with just enough to cover the spike threads inside the sole of your shoe. The water line should be below your shoe uppers. 10 to 15 minutes should be enough, and, the spikes should come out.
This trick is pure gold. Works so well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bought a Cleat Ripper yesterday and used it to. First thoughts are "Where have you been all of my life".

Same here. I felt dumb for not finding one sooner.

I'm in the "buy so many pairs it won't ever matter" or "buy new shoes" camp hahaha

With the price of closeout golf shoes nowadays, it's kind of crazy.

I run the soles of my shoes under the water faucet with hot water (as hot as you can get it) for several minutes. Kinda concentrate on each spike. Then using a good spike wrench they come right out. The plates the spikes screw into these days are plastic. The hot water makes life much easier.

Also, after every wearing, I run hot water over the sole of the shoe and get all the grass and mud off the sole and from around the spikes. I am a big believer in cleaning my shoe every time I get back from playing. I have buddies who wear shoes that look like they have been in a mud race all the time. I have a bit more pride than that.

I just changes mine for the first time ever! Very easy using the SoftSpike CleatKaddy. Installed the SoftSpike Cyclone Ice cleats without a problem. Very, very easy to do. Tim

I just buy new shoes when the cleats are down to the screws.

thumb.jpg

~Rock

You are correct sir!

just thought id mention. Kind of forget about this thread since I bought that handy device you guys mentioned. And yea this thing is worth a ton. Wow, how much better. No more fighting with the cleats. What pleasure.

Back