Is this a common with people you play with

Never had that happen with me, but if someone did say that, I would politely tell him he's more than welcome to play on alone and if I catch up to him maybe he would get the point.

I grew up in a small town with single lane roads and very small windows to pas others. Any time my parents would drive and we had someone tailgate us and then pass us, they would both say "watch they be directly in front of us at the next light a few miles down the road."

They were never wrong....

if someone did say that, I would politely tell him he's more than welcome to play on alone and if I catch up to him maybe he would get the point.

I once did tell him that and that worked for a little while before he started back up on his "hurry up" mantra

Most of the guys I play with are normally "fast" golfers. We all have minimal pre-shot routines, know our distances, and hit the ball. We have one guy who joins us occasionally who we have to remind to speed up.

I know a guy like this. He always wants to play in under 4 hours even though that is an unrealistic goal most of the time. Every time I ask how his round was he tells me how long the round was before he mentions how he played. My score is far more important to me than the time it took to play the round.

He is also like this off the course. Always in a hurry no matter the situation. I don't understand the rush to get though life.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nothing about finishing in under 4 hours is fast.

is it possible that because of his poorer play (26 cap) that he might be very conscious of not wanting to cause any delay due to being errant and sloppy at times? Just may be hes so worried about it and could be part of why he cant improve much.

Four in our group
3 1/2 hours for 18
Unless those ahead of us are playing super slow, those behind us are rarely or never waiting on us

I would stop playing with him, or tell him he is taking away from the enjoyment of the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four in our group
3 1/2 hours for 18
Unless those ahead of us are playing super slow, those behind us are rarely or never waiting on us

This is a good pace for a foursome, I'd be ok with that. Maybe he should play with a slow group that takes 4 1/2 hours to get some perspective.

Terry explain to this in a hurry that shooting 5over is so much faster then running to shoot 25 over

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back