The Car Shopping Thread

Yah 25k is way too much.

Your payment would be astronomical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily, but it certainly makes it much tougher.

I work in construction so it's hard to know roughly how many miles per year I drive. I could have a 20 mile round trip or 100, it's just to hard to tell.

I got a call from ford asking if I wanted to sell my truck back to them because used F150's are always in demand. They said they could get me in a new truck for around the same payment with no more money down. Based off Kelley blue book my truck is worth 14K and I probably owe close to the same amount. Is this even a possibility or are they just trying to get me in the door to sell me a new truck with a large payment?

They are just trying to get you in the door. Unless you can find a brand new 2014, you won't have the same payment most likely. The new 2015 F-150's don't have many rebates, but if you do the low APR option, instead of rebates...you might get closer.
(I'm a Ford dealership finance manager)

Leases are fine you just need to understand the language .

Like anything it's a complicated process and they lure you in with low payments .

Do the research and leasing is much more economical unless you drive a ton .

I only drive about 10k miles a year and would like to try leasing something.

Would you mind sharing some of their tactics, I have no clue on the process.

Also, every ad I see for a lease deal is for the lower end models. Do they not lease the loaded model cars?

Thanks!

Also, every ad I see for a lease deal is for the lower end models. Do they not lease the loaded model cars?

Thanks!

They do. You probably wanna talk to Jay he's the finance guy.

I don't want to give you the wrong info.

They are just trying to get you in the door. Unless you can find a brand new 2014, you won't have the same payment most likely. The new 2015 F-150's don't have many rebates, but if you do the low APR option, instead of rebates...you might get closer.
(I'm a Ford dealership finance manager)

I figured that was the case, they just wanted to get me in the door. I'm very easily convinced when it comes to buying new and shiny things. When I told my fiance she was like "don't even think about going to the dealership without me".

I had a family friend who traded in their car every two years. I never understood why they didn't lease, same deal with a much lower payment.

My dad used to do the same thing but he made out when he got new, because it was when GM actually gave their employees/family a real deal/discount on their vehicles.

Now that everyone gets "employee pricing" it's impossible to do and not be upside down on the vehicle.

My dad used to do the same thing but he made out when he got new, because it was when GM actually gave their employees/family a real deal/discount on their vehicles.

Now that everyone gets "employee pricing" it's impossible to do and not be upside down on the vehicle.

We bought a Suburban off a guy who did the same, he would fly up to the factory and pick up a new one every year. I guess his family started one of the EARLY dealerships and he would get an even better deal than other employees.

I'm still grinding on the Fiesta ST, but I don't think it will happen. Ford dealers down here are not helpful.

May shift gears and look at the Mazda3 5-door.

Thanks!

They lease them all and good deals are available for all levels. Lower end models are often the most advertised because their low payments get attention.

Some manufactures lease better than others. M-B and BMW usually have superior lease programs than Audi, Infiniti better than Lexus, Volvo better than most other luxury brands. My wife drives a m-b GLK for less than the lease of a Ford Edge for example. You just have to look for the good deals. Dealers can often do better than what is advertised, but OEM incentives are at the core of good deals so ads and web sites are a good place to look. Edmund used yo list the best lease programs each month. Like anything, there is always good and bad.

I usually make a short list of vehicles that we're interested in and check OEM websites for lease specials. I can usually get the advertised pmt or better and reduce fees. That's where I focus - eliminating fees and staying close to the advertised payments. There is always someone willing to do it.

10k mikes/year should bet some nice opportunities.

Had already done the tint on GG's car last week
3dda45d9e85f90b5e693f80d2bd211b8.jpg

Then yesterday got it done on my new car. Looks weird and lighter in the front because the flash went off in the garage.
485da77e78fd7aa2618abcdd2665acde.jpg

I really need to look into getting my GLI tinted. Ohio has some pretty strict rules on tint level though.

So does FL. You can stay under them and still keep a lot of the sun out.

Just find out the tint % and and tint shop will have something within the law.

i thought FL let you go pretty dark in the back and on the driver side in the 20% range.

Just find out the tint % and and tint shop will have something within the law.

they will also have illegal options as well and leave it up to the buyer to take their chances.

i thought FL let you go pretty dark in the back and on the driver side in the 20% range.

they will also have illegal options as well and leave it up to the buyer to take their chances.
This is true. I had a 87 flat black RX7 with 5% tint...cops pulled me over only like twice but backing up at night was pretty unsafe.

FL is actually pretty lax comparatively speaking. 28%in front 15% in back. The back can be darker on most trucks and suvs.

FL is actually pretty lax comparatively speaking. 28%in front 15% in back. The back can be darker on most trucks and suvs.

In MD no tint on front three windows of cars SUV and I believe trucks can do 35%. For cars back two or maybe even back window as well can be 35%. For SUV back windows can be as dark as you want including spray paint

In MD no tint on front three windows of cars SUV and I believe trucks can do 35%. For cars back two or maybe even back window as well can be 35%. For SUV back windows can be as dark as you want including spray paint
That's awful

NYS is bad with just about anything. Minnesota is 50% all around.

I really need to look into getting my GLI tinted. Ohio has some pretty strict rules on tint level though.

I've only ever been stopped once in Ohio for window tint and when I told him you write that ticket I'm calling the sheriff and OSP and we'll check and ticket every vehicle in the pd's lot he let me go.

If they try and pop you for window tint they are fishing to find something else.

Had a drive of a couple of nice motors at work today. Ford Raptor first. I'm English, I don't get the fascination with trucks. At least I didn't. I want a raptor! What a machine! Asking had a little drive in a Tesla Model S. These things are mega cool. Loved the way the car seemed to wake up as I got in without doing anything. However, as great as this car is, the complete lack of engine noise would be a deal breaker for me I think.

The search for my wife started in earnest today.

The two leaders in the clubhouse are the Acura RDX and the Toyota Rav 4. We are looking new and slightly used. She really likes the RDX just has to decide if we really want to invest that much money in it.

Back