casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if any of you do a round alone also how do your scores compare

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

My scores are always better when no one is there to count my redo's.

In seriousness though I play quite a bit alone. I tend to shoot a little better when playing alone rather than with others. I think this is because of nerves.

I thought with going at your own pace would be better, I'm going to go up tomorrow to my local and see if there is improvement in my score

I play alone once in a while. Scores are the same as playing with others with the odd exception.

I went out as a single yester but got paired with 3 others. They were nice but the best out of the 3 of them probably shot around 110. I found it very hard to stay concentrated on my game. We were constantly looking for balls and I was waiting for 8 shots between every one of mine. I would have much rathered to play alone.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I do play solo quite often at my home course as I one of the very few that walk there. There are a few that are noce to play with when I am walkimg and they are riding but most don't extend the courtesy and just take off in their cart so I would rather play alone than woth them. My scores are very comparable whether alone of with others. I do hit a fair amount of practice shots when alone but always count my first ball for score.

I play alone about 75% of the time (I like to play during the week, when my buddies have work.) I find my scores tend to be a few strokes better. I think this is because when I play with certain friends we get competitive and I find myself attempting stupid things to try to win.

I would like to play alone sometimes but it seems that every time I try I get paired with others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play alone quite a bit as I work from home on east coast time and I am on the west coast so usually done by 11 or so. I will head out during the week around 1130 and almost always play alone. I do score better playing alone the majority of the time since there in no pressure and I don't feel rushed.

I play alone about 75% of the time (I like to play during the week, when my buddies have work.) I find my scores tend to be a few strokes better. I think this is because when I play with certain friends we get competitive and I find myself attempting stupid things to try to win.
I'm doing the same being competitive with my mates plus im trying to work on some things and is hard to do in a group, I'm going to try go up more often alone

I don't play alone often but there are multiple factors why I usually play better alone. First off it's usually early in the morning so I'm not having to wait or be pushed by people so I can get into a groove. Second there is more concentration on the game as I won't have that social aspect. Lastly I'm usually more relaxed playing alone, I'm out there to play golf and enjoy my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to play alone occasionally but usually get paired up. I do tend to play 1 or 2 strokes better when I play alone.

I enjoy solo golf, mainly because with coaching and now playing at a course with league and event activity it doesn't happen as much as it used to.

I dont mind it at all. Maybe a stroke or 2 better not sure if its concentration or what

Love/Hate for me. I usually shoot about the same scores but maybe a bit worse. Something about playing alone doesn't bring out the competitive juices in me and I slack. That being said, there is nothing like playing alone late on a summer evening with no one on the course. The solitude and quiet in a beautiful natural setting like that is awesome. I love that aspect.

I don't mind playing alone, in fact sometimes I prefer it. That being said I don't usually keep score when doing so, this is the time I use for practicing different shots on course so I will usually drop a couple balls. I actually wish I had more time to do so.

I used to play alone quite a bit on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings but haven't done it for years now. I'd get there at the break of dawn and sometimes use a lighted ball for the first hole or two. It was really peaceful and allowed for practice with extra shots. In the middle of the summer I'd be home again between 8:00 and 9:00 right as my wife was getting up. It was nice to have the rest of the day to do something else, hit the range or get another round in. I don't think it affected my score vs playing with others. My game was better then but I was also playing a lot more often.

I play alone a lot as I'm a supply teacher so can't really plan ahead much. I find it matters less if alone or in a group, and more the time. Waiting a long time between shots really hurts my scores. One caveat is that if playing in a group with good players I'll tend to never play really badly.

I play alone quite a bit walking. When I am by myself my tendency is to go fairly quickly and I can get winded with hills, etc... When playing in a group of 4 at times it feels OH... SO... SLOW... at times. Scoring is fairly similar.

Dave

I consistently score better when alone, usually by 4-5 strokes. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

I will see how I get on, the guys I normally go with are with a club so play on the sat, and have cancelled our Sunday round a few times over the past couple months including today's, so I'm just going to jump a taxi up in future

This topic has come in the past. I play alone often and enjoy it. My scores are close to when I play with someone. Usually my scores are higher when playing against someone because I tend to be laser focused.

I usually am paired with another group but playing alone is fun sometimes. Most of my buddies don't golf or are very new to it...

I do play solo quite often at my home course as I one of the very few that walk there. There are a few that are noce to play with when I am walkimg and they are riding but most don't extend the courtesy and just take off in their cart so I would rather play alone than woth them. My scores are very comparable whether alone of with others. I do hit a fair amount of practice shots when alone but always count my first ball for score.

I play alone almost exclusively. I used to play with the guys that I worked with at the course but they have all moved on from the game, moved away, or we've simply lost touch. I play along with someone if I catch up to them and they invite me to join them (that's happened twice this season) but I usually play through when groups allow.

It's 6 of one half a dozen of the other for me. I like to pay alone for the sake of pace because I can usually only get out once a week and I like to get 36 in but the times that I was invited to play along I had a great time and met a couple of really cool guys. Que sera sera, I suppose.

I used to play alone much more than I do now because I was learning the game and wanted to get good. But the past three months have been so weird with my game being inconsistent and it's been a chore to play. I couldn't hit driver so I switched to 2 iron. Now driver is back and can't hit 2 iron. No clue why. But, with my game back, I enjoy playing with others and my scores are improving. I guess my point is, that when playing well, I like playing with others and if I'm stinking the place up I'd rather be alone.

I'm a few strokes better when I play alone. I attribute this to the fact that I am walking instead of riding in a cart. I always seem rushed in the cart. Hit your ball, get in cart and rush to your ball to hit the next shot.

Back