What Are You Scared Of

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a great scene in an old movie called Renaissance Man where they address fears and what one is afraid of with the task at hand.

What do you fear in golf? What do you fear in your golf game?

I fear sand traps. And hitting pop ups on the first tee at THP events.

Playing the back nine at Valley View again. Going down those hills with the golf carts breaks not working was not safe.

There is a great scene in an old movie called Renaissance Man where they address fears and what one is afraid of with the task at hand.

What do you fear in golf? What do you fear in your golf game?

I fear my driver right now. I tried to work it out today to no avail. Hit a few good shots but mostly just horrible, horrible, horrible.

Other than that, I fear water on my left. I seem to push it right our there every single time (I'm a lefty)

Forced carries. Trying to get to the edge of the forced carry but hitting the shot bad enough that you have to hit another shot to get to that edge,

See TCI, haha.

Water on the right.

Hosel rockets and 3ft putts

I fear a tee ball that requires a right to left gradual draw or a sharp dog leg left.

Quicksand and snakes - oh wait that's The Replacements

Not executing the shot - i'm at the point where I should be okay on my shots but i get in my head and the tension is real and everything goes south quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogleg rights.

The only thing I fear about Golf is being to old to really enjoy it, everything else can be fixed or replaced.

I fear nothing. It's just golf?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I fear I'll never be able to take my tee game from the range to the course. I hit nice draws at the range. Fades all day long on the course.

The only thing that I seem to struggle with is fairway bunkers. I hate having to hit anything over a 9 iron out of a bunker.

What Are You Scared Of

That I'll never be as good as I know I could be.

Last edited:
Left miss other than a straight pull off the tee. If that is happening I have zero chance of scoring.

Going a week without golfing. It is my therapy and I get way moody if I get anywhere near a week without playing.

Driving, just hate it right now, can't figure out a good way to become consistent.

The dreaded S word. They come and go without warning and it takes awhile to mentally get past.

I fear long carries.... and not even that long, say 215 yds. That is where I land LOL.

I fear greenside bunkers with wet sand. No where to practice out of them, but that is what awaits me at many of the courses here.

Worst of all, I fear my own lack of confidence. Say eff it, go for it, and deal with it!

Apparently hitting long clubs in front of THPers

Anything inside 8 feet. Confidence with the putter right now is zero.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Accidentally stepping on a hornets nest

That is a legitimate fear, but I have been golfing for almost 40 years and it hasn't happened yet, so I am not too worried about that.

I was however chased down the cart path by some angry bees.

Easy answer...... sh___s.

Back