The club you would join

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
home-clubhouse.jpg
You just won the lottery, a record 2 billion dollars. Money is not a problem. You'll never have to work again. It doesn't have to be where your family is, since you can afford to move them all anywhere.

What club would you move close to so you can join? However, both Augusta National and The Hideaway are off-limits, since that would be everyone's answer.

I think I'll pick "The Bridges" in San Diego, due to its breathtaking vistas and incredible weather:

home-clubhouse-M.jpg

Domestic: Cypress Point

cypress-point.jpg

International: Tara Iti (New Zealand)

Tara-Iti-Golf-Club-No.-7-Gary-Lisbon.png

Capilano in Vancouver.

The Hideaway. And it's not close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club you would join

Not close for me. Royal Dornoch. I would spend every day I could in Dornoch. Played it once almost 20 years ago and I can't stop thinking about it. Magical.

2534c62b37285db1205cac6fea5cb708.jpg

Last edited:
Quail Hollow would be nice.

I would keep 3 million for myself and stay where I'm at and then use the other 1 billion, 997 million helping people

Immediate answer is Cypress Point, but I'm not sure the weather there would do it for me. Backup answer is Seminole.

National golf Links of America or maybe Winged Foot. These are just quick thoughts, I may change my answer later.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Predator Ridge in Vernon, BC.

Pine Valley - and I wouldn't even have to move... of course, I'll need to find a Florida course for the offseason.

Having just returned it would be Cypress Point. However with a question like this the bigger question isn't the money but can you get invited to join. The most sure fire way to not get invited is to lobby for it.

Whisper Rock.

Old Sandwich in MA

Seminole in FL

I would become a member of The Chicago Golf Club. It is one of if not the oldest club in the US and only has 100 members!

Oh man, that's a tough one. I can't even pinpoint one. A lot of my favorite courses are northern, and I'd rather not deal with winter. Maybe something in the Carolinas?

~Rock

Pebble Beach

Pine Valley - and I wouldn't even have to move... of course, I'll need to find a Florida course for the offseason.

THIS!!! I'm really surprised more people aren't saying this one. I live in the area and know some people that work there. It is a legendary place.

On the off season I would travel the world playing all over. I would have to split my time between Golf and Surfing though.

I would become a member of The Chicago Golf Club. It is one of if not the oldest club in the US and only has 100 members!

If you won 2 billion dollars, you would not stay in Chicago...haha

If you won 2 billion dollars, you would not stay in Chicago...haha

This is true but I would need somewhere to play golf when I came to visit family! Haha

Since the quality of the
2017-54-Interlachen-CC-hole-9.jpg
high school is a bigger consideration than the golf club, I'd go with Interlachen Country Club in Edina, Minnesota. They really embrace history at the club since Bobby Jones completed the Grand Slam there in 1930 and the course is immaculate.

If I could somehow get invited, Cypress Point would be #1. Other great options would be Pine Valley and Sand Hills, but I'd be traveling to them because I wouldn't want to live in the area. If I have $2B, I'm living in a nicer climate lol

Back