The club you would join

Oak Hill for me without a doubt.
123f6d049baef3d0b988138acf58fcb5.jpg
f582e8b8a84746c10f14e089f335f5ae.jpg
56ad41a3a3c6ee367146b140889e782c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I honestly have no clue. My initial thought when I saw the title was The Hideaway since we're already looking at possibly retiring there. But since it's eliminated from consideration... I'll have to think about it.

Oakhill for the summer, see above post for pics ...lol the Hideaway for the winter

Ohh... that's pretty!
The East course is incredible. Very tough test but very very fair. They're actually switching it back to the original Donald Ross design before the 2023 PGA.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I won 2 billion dollars and can only join 1 club? :disapointed:

If I could only do one, it would be the Bears Club in Jupiter, FL. Would love bumping into PGA players all the time haha.

With 2 billion dollars though, I'd do the Bears Club in Jupiter, something in NC (not sure of the best ones there), and something in either Columbus or Cleveland just for S&G's when we'd visit.

I'd probably take a tour playing well known private clubs to determine what my summer/winter course would be. If I had that kind of money at my disposal, I doubt anything I've already played would be an absolute.

Wow, that trip would be a lot of fun.

Summer would be Pine Valley & Liberty National so I could stay local in NJ. Spring/Fall/Winter would be Wolfe Creek, NV or Trump International in West Palm or most likely Pinehurst.

I'd look into TPC Boston. The benefit of playing other TPC courses around the country could be good for the winter months.

Such a difficult question, because I'm staying where I live for another 7 to 10 years, so proximity is pretty important.

I'd likely join a local club, Strawberry Creek, for now, and consider other options when I'd be more “mobile“.

What's the nicest club in Hawaii? Any island would work.

NGLOA/Seminole/Mid Ocean Club

I wouldn't join a club, it would be a total waste of money. When you have that much, you can play anywhere and they will treat you like you are a member.
I would be traveling a lot to play all the courses on my bucket list and ones I don't even know about yet.

One with a low capped membership (i.e. no tee times), no a$$holes or club throwers among these few people, immaculate conditions, great food, no cell phones, relaxed atmosphere (bringing a dog on the course is cool), walking, no nickel-and-diming, exceptional practice facility, very limited number of outside events. That about covers it. Suggestions?

I know a couple Pinehurst members and they complain all the time about how downhill its gone. However, with 2 billion you may actually get treated like a member I assume

Summertime would be Winged Foot (West)

Winter time would be Medalist in Florida

Cypress was the one that jumped to mind first. I'll assume they wouldn't invite me, so here are a couple of non-traditional choices:

1. For the summer: Gozzer Ranch Golf & Lake Club, which is on Coeur d'Alene Lake in Idaho.

2. For the rest of the year: Nanea Golf Club on the dry side of the Big Island.

Just to be clear, those other two might not let me in either, especially Nanea.

Come to think of it... I'm a simple kinda guy and would probably continue my simple ways even with a 2 billion dollar bankroll. With that in mind, I'd join Bear Creek Golf Club, which is a local private course in Murrieta, Ca. I grew up a few miles from there and always wanted to play the course.

The more I think about it, why not just buy (or build) a course, invite your friends and family and spend several million per year to maintain it?

Domestic: Cypress Point

cypress-point.jpg

International: Tara Iti (New Zealand)

Tara-Iti-Golf-Club-No.-7-Gary-Lisbon.png

Cypress Point is probably my new real answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i have that kind of scratch, i would move out to california and join cypress assuming they want me. if i could join somewhere else and split time in the year, i might pick secession.

I'd probably look at joining Atlanta Athletic Club or TPC Sugarloaf. East Lake is too far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I keep my current membership?

Stay where I am in the winter, summer I would join Pine Valley. Seminole for my "vacations".

From those clubs, everything else would fall into place.

Back