The club you would join

The more I think about it, why not just buy (or build) a course, invite your friends and family and spend several million per year to maintain it?

There would be huge perks to being a member at a Pine Valley, Seminole or Cypress Point. First, you would likely have access to any course around the world. You would be rubbing elbows with some extremely successful and well off individuals and the opportunities that come along with those relationships, both financial and non-financial. And finally, those clubs are so private its like having your own course, without taking on all of the management and overhead.

If it had to be only one, I'd pick one where the weather is great all year, so somewhere in Southern California. Places like Pine Valley or Winged Foot, Seminole etc., there are entire seasons where you can't play or regularly get rained out etc. I'd want great golf as often as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one next to The Hideaway which we were told when I was there is even more high end and nice.

That's insane to wrap my mind around. Dunno the name, but that's the one.

The one next to The Hideaway which we were told when I was there is even more high end and nice.

That's insane to wrap my mind around. Dunno the name, but that's the one.

Hahaha another great one. Also true

You guys are speaking of the Madison Club.

East Lake or Atlanta Athletic Club. One hosted multiple majors, the other a Ryder Cup and multiple Tour Championships.

That would be my answer then.

Or I'd just stay in Tulsa and join Southern Hills and The Patriot.

Cypress Point for me.

True Blue or Caledonia. My wife would be absolutely thrilled as she was born and raised in the Myrtle Beach area and I would be thrilled because she would be thrilled and I wouldn't have to work this ridiculous job anymore and could play golf all the time.

Then that is my answer along with cypress point

Put me on The Madison Club list as well. I have heard very good things about this place

gave this more thought....would build my own club!!!!!!! Maddog701 County Club....only THPer's would be allowed to play....lol

Don't know if it exists but if money was no object I would want a top tier course in the front yard and a deep water ocean access dock in the backyard for the 62 ft Rybovich sport fishing yacht.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just to expand on my previous response.

If the cash to do so was ever available to me I would live in Palm Springs from Nov-Apr and in the Okanagan from May-Oct. In Palm Springs I'd join The Vintage Club and in the Okanagan I'd be all over Predator Ridge.
Sigh....sounds like the perfect life haha.

Royal Melbourne would be at the top of list. I am not a bucket list type of guy but if I do have one bucket list course it would be Royal Melbourne. Would also join Sycamore Hills in Fort Wayne as it would be somewhere local I could play when back home.

Merion. I wouldn't have to move because it's only 8 miles away.
Then again they probably wouldn't ask me to join because my money isn't earned but won so I'd have to end up trying to buy the course just to piss off those sob's.

This club doesn't accept invites, they invite you. The only way your getting into this club is taking that 2 bill and invest with Charles Schwab. With that deposit you will become a member to Nanea golf club( top 5 most exclusive clubs in the USA) on the big island. It avg about 10 rounds a day. Talk about having a course all to yourself.

Nanea Golf Club.

Cypress Point and not remotely close for me.

Here is a list with a hole bunch of reviews of some of the best classic courses with some modern Bandon Dune type courses as well.
Careful or you might waste your next 6 hours. http://golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/

Surprised Seminole club not mentioned.

Just to expand on my previous response.

If the cash to do so was ever available to me I would live in Palm Springs from Nov-Apr and in the Okanagan from May-Oct. In Palm Springs I'd join The Vintage Club and in the Okanagan I'd be all over Predator Ridge.
Sigh....sounds like the perfect life haha.

I like your train of thought but I would take Grey Wolf for the summer.

Surprised Seminole club not mentioned.

I had it, pretty sure I saw 3 or 4 others as well.

I don't think anyone has said Butler National either.

gave this more thought....would build my own club!!!!!!! Maddog701 County Club....only THPer's would be allowed to play....lol
Can you build it in Hawaii?

For the Summer it would be Country Club of the North in Beavercreek OH
Fall/Winter/Spring it would be Shadow Creek in Las Vegas.

Back