The club you would join

Wouldn't want to move away from family so I'd buy one of the local courses and make it private.

I play Cypress Point on my sim often, I would love to play it for real. That's my pick.

Pine Valley....if I stayed on Long Island it would be Maidstone or National (no chance with any amount of money getting into Shinnecock)

Chicago Golf Club….and probably Merion, too.

….and I would also purchase a few local courses around me that I have many memories at. Give them a solid upgrade on grasses, clubhouse, etc… I would clearly have enough money to ensure they are run and cared for properly.

Last edited:
I earlier picked a private course in Minnesota but I'm going to change my mind and pick the Yellowstone Club in Montana. It's a private ski/golf community so it would take care of 2 of my passions. To join you have to buy a condo or home priced at $5M-$35M and I believe initiation is $300k with $3k per month in dues. I might be more excited about the 2200 acres of private skiing than the golf.
images

I earlier picked a private course in Minnesota but I'm going to change my mind and pick the Yellowstone Club in Montana. It's a private ski/golf community so it would take care of 2 of my passions. To join you have to buy a condo or home priced at $5M-$35M and I believe initiation is $300k with $3k per month in dues. I might be more excited about the 2200 acres of private skiing than the golf.
images

Do they offer snowmobiling? Now that would be the icing on the cake. I could roll with that.

I'm not joining; I'm buying. I have a number of philly area tracks that I would start my investment discussion with.

That said, this is all fictional, so I'll stick with bitching about my $68 rounds on a local public or muni.....

I don't really know a lot of private golf clubs besides the one I've ever played. Only 400 some odd members so I would definitely like to join, Avila Golf & CountryClub in Tampa Bay, re-designed by Jack Nicklaus.

I was treated to a round there and felt like Roy McAvoy hitting ProV1 practice range balls from a pyramid. Excellent grass to hit off of. Multiple short game areas and a specifically designed 100 yard and in area with different flags and pyramids of golf balls at different spots.

Beautiful course layout, great food, cart girl popping up every 2 or 3 holes with refreshments ready. Best experience I've had at somewhere this exclusive.

Yellowstone Club has always been our lottery dream. They used to screen you to make sure a$$holes didn't make the cut. People I know who have skied there are amazed...private powder (they'll spin the lifts even if you're the only one skiing). Golf course is supposed to be great too. With $2B in assets, you'll pay for your house the first year you declare MT as your residency versus the nearly 10% top marginal rate in MN!

Snowmobiling is nearby, but I don't think in YC itself.

Yellowstone Club has always been our lottery dream. They used to screen you to make sure a$$holes didn't make the cut. People I know who have skied there are amazed...private powder (they'll spin the lifts even if you're the only one skiing). Golf course is supposed to be great too. With $2B in assets, you'll pay for your house the first year you declare MT as your residency versus the nearly 10% top marginal rate in MN!

Snowmobiling is nearby, but I don't think in YC itself.
Right up the road from me. Want to play there SO badly!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crystal Downs Country Club in Frankfurt Michigan

Back