Cleveland CBX Wedges

Very nice compliment to their already great offering, does it come in the black satin finish or just the tour satin finish shown?

I'm going to take a look, but they will have to be all world to kick my Apex CF16 AW out of my bag...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice compliment to their already great offering, does it come in the black satin finish or just the tour satin finish shown?

I'm going to take a look, but they will have to be all world to kick my Apex CF16 AW out of my bag...

No black in this lineup.

I could see these fitting in with my current iron set perfectly with the hidden cavity.
I see so may "Weekend Warriors" struggle with wedges, this could help so many of them.

And the shaft - I'm so tired of picking up wedges with "Wedge" Flex in them.
Give the Weekend Guy something he can use, a lighter shaft to give them some feel and some distance.

Kudos to Cleveland/Srixon for creating a wedge category that no one is in and being out on front with it.
NoLine has it right: #TheWedgeThatChangedTheWedge

These look real good and as someone who has embraced set gap and soon SW to stay more consistent on full swings from 125 in these could certainly fill the spots.

how many wedges do you play? I have the same AW, and nothing is kicking that out... but it's 50*... I would love to compliment it with a 54*

I could see these fitting in with my current iron set perfectly with the hidden cavity.
I see so may "Weekend Warriors" struggle with wedges, this could help so many of them.

And the shaft - I'm so tired of picking up wedges with "Wedge" Flex in them.
Give the Weekend Guy something he can use, a lighter shaft to give them some feel and some distance.

Kudos to Cleveland/Srixon for creating a wedge category that no one is in and being out on front with it.
NoLine has it right: #TheWedgeThatChangedTheWedge

Just a heads up, these are still offered in wedge flex.
Wedge Flex is a bit of a misnomer because of how it reacts due to the shaft length being so short.

Check out the later portion of the video where he discusses the shaft and there is a closeup of the the label.

Wow! I definitely like these as I need to fill the gap in distance between my gap and lob wedge....

Just a heads up, these are still offered in wedge flex.
Wedge Flex is a bit of a misnomer because of how it reacts due to the shaft length being so short.

Check out the later portion of the video where he discusses the shaft and there is a closeup of the the label.

I watched the video at 5:45 this morning on my phone so I stand corrected.
The Lighter Shaft should still help.

Anything to help with the short game is a major plus. Love the looks and the idea behind having cavity back throughout the set for more forgiveness. The V sole reminds me of the 565 irons to help with turf interaction. Can't wait!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cleveland CBX Wedges

how many wedges do you play? I have the same AW, and nothing is kicking that out... but it's 50*... I would love to compliment it with a 54*

I currently game the set Apex CF16 PW & AW, then I go to Cleveland RTX-3 54 (3 Dot) & 58 (2 Dot).

i love this concept. i could easily see myself gaming a 50 and 54 in the cbx, and 60 cb. i full swing all, with the 56 getting a workout in the sand, and the 60 doing pretty much all the other heavy lifting from 100y and in.

Cleveland CBX Wedges

Who has two thumbs and is squarely the target demographic for these? No seriously, I gamed the RTX-2 wedges previously and play the RTX-3's now but they are definitely my least consistent shot clubs... and it's not the club's fault :) this CBX offering will definitely add some much needed statistical consistency especially on my 2/3-full swing shots. Good thing I'm going to the Shoot Out next week!

Very interesting. I know I use my 54 for full swings almost exclusively, might be a good idea to look into one of these. Especially with as much as I've enjoyed the RTX3. Cleveland knows how to make wedges.

I'm perfectly happy with my wedges right now. However, with my love of the short game, these make me wonder if I should try a CB wedge. Never hit one before, wonder what it would be like. So much feel in the wedge game, but I can't imagine going CB would alter the feel much. I mean, I play CB irons.

~Rock

I love the look. Going to have to look hard at these. Prefer higher bounce and the forgiving looking sole, and I think these would perform as good as, if not better than, my PMP wide soles.

This hits all the boxes I am looking for in a wedge. Versatility,playability,relief and the rotex face to get me closer. Really like their shaft choice on this one, went outside the box and it will really be a big hit. Cleveland done it again,brought another innovate product to the table. Cannot wait to try these out at the shootout , give you all the good on these beauties.

And email received from Cleveland:

950da8cadcdd0e8a85c9acb59e182255.png

Looks like it would be great in the bunkers.

It makes a ton of sense for full swing wedges and those who pretty much use square faced chips exclusively. And they look really good. I don't think I'm the target market as I play smaller irons, but I could certainly see it working well.

These really interest me. I like the idea a lot. Part of the reason I got my GW as part of the set was so that it felt more 'iron like'. I think these will help a lot of golfers in the short game. can't wait to hear more.

These really interest me. I like the idea a lot. Part of the reason I got my GW as part of the set was so that it felt more 'iron like'. I think these will help a lot of golfers in the short game. can't wait to hear more.

CBX wedges will be in the bag when we play in September and you can try them out.

I like em! Can't wait to try them out when they're released.

These look so good! Aug 10th can't get here soon enough!

CBX wedges will be in the bag when we play in September and you can try them out.

That would be awesome, cannot wait!

Cleveland CBX Wedges

Just seems odd that the lower lofts have the blue insert. Cheapens the look and doesn't flow with the higher lofts or irons that do not have blue accents.
I immediately thought of the JPX800/850 irons when I saw the blue. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on if they match your irons.

Back