Cleveland CBX Wedges

Really enjoyed learning about the tech in video. As someone who has played their blade offering and also their RTX-CB offering, I can't wait to see how these clubs perform. I struggle with hitting bladed wedges consistently and usually go for a set AW and SGI or very forgiving LW. So I usually only have one "blade" wedge and that is at the 54* spot. I like how the mass is hidden underneath the club in the pictures posted by JB. I know for many seeing a big chunky wedge at address can be very unappealing. I am also intrigued by the "V-heel". I have not used any V-sole clubs so I am interested to see how that helps the club go through the rough, sand etc. Also pretty stoked that they paired up with my favorite shaft company and that 115 gram weight is a nice transition from the weight of most folks iron shafts. Looking forward to receiving and testing these clubs out next week!

Just seems odd that the lower lofts have the blue insert. Cheapens the look and doesn't flow with the higher lofts or irons that do not have blue accents.
I immediately thought of the JPX800/850 irons when I saw the blue. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on if they match your irons.

Picture removed due to embargo.
The blue clubs you are speaking of are not these wedges.

Just seems odd that the lower lofts have the blue insert. Cheapens the look and doesn't flow with the higher lofts or irons that do not have blue accents.
I immediately thought of the JPX800/850 irons when I saw the blue. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on if they match your irons.

I have a feeling (based on some of the throwback pics that have been posted, nothing more) that blue will be highlighted in some more new products from Cleveland Golf.

EDIT: And just saw JB's post

Picture removed due to embargo.
The blue clubs you are speaking of are not these wedges.

JB
Sorry about that. It was a PW and part of the CBX review I was reading so I assumed it was in the lineup.
That's actually good news because that blue accented wedge didn't flow at all with the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling (based on some of the throwback pics that have been posted, nothing more) that blue will be highlighted in some more new products from Cleveland Golf.

EDIT: And just saw JB's post

July 7th my friend.
This is the perfect example of why companies have embargo dates. Assumptions made and pictures surface that are just not correct : )

One note I will add.
While it won't be before the THP Event, it will be before they hit stores.
Stay tuned for more ways to put some of these in your bag for review on THP.
Lots of #ShoulderTap

So my C200 SW is on the way, and it's at 54*. I'm thinking a 58 or 60 CBX. If the C200 SW doesn't work out, I can always grab a 52 or 54* CBX then to complete the set. Having more full swing options would be great, and I have a feeling I'd trust these more than my blade wedges (which I don't full swing). For $129 it might turn out to be one of the better investments of my bag.

These sound like a perfect fit me. I only carry one blade wedge and the rest are set wedges for the exact reason they made these, I'm more comfortable and consistent with them vs a blade. My 56 is never swung full, I use it from 30 yards and in, if I need a full swing it's back to the set SW which is 55. It bothers me and some what limits me when I'm carrying 2 wedges that are only 1* apart.

What took companies so long to put a spinny face into a more forgiving body?
Excited to try these out. Thinking a 56 and 52 would fit me just fine.

I couldn't stand all the garbage on the face of the RTX-3s, these look awesome. A high center of gravity bar, cool. Who's designing Cleveland wedges these days? Is it someone at Cleveland or someone at Srixon?

I couldn't stand all the garbage on the face of the RTX-3s, these look awesome. A high center of gravity bar, cool. Who's designing Cleveland wedges these days? Is it someone at Cleveland or someone at Srixon?

The same people that have been for a number of years. Their R&D team is a combination of both companies.

Well this release has my full attention. I've been using my RTX3 50CB for a lot more partial shots as well as full swings and I love the forgiveness there. Going back to a set GW, but could definitely see one of these in the 54 spot.

They look really good to me. Looking forward to seeing one in person.

Received their email today and they look great. LOVE the V-sole and deep cavity. These could very well be the replacement for my 50 and 54 MD3's. It would take a lot to kick my 58 PM grind out but I will give it a try.

These look really well done for a CB wedge, but it's not something I'd be interested in at all.

Cleveland has done a good job of tech on this wedge. I can see the benefits for those who like that type (CB) of wedge. I seldom take full swings with my 56*-58* and feel is the best test for me and my wedge game. I'll certainly look at these but so far very satisfied with my current wedge set-up.

So it seems that most companies that make game improvement cavity back sets also make a SW and even an LW in their iron lines. Very few people seem to play those specialty clubs once you get past the AW/GW.

Is this CBX wedge going essentially bridge that gap? It sounds like most people are leaning towards this as a GW replacement. Why wouldn't people consider this or even the SW in their iron line if they don't use it for full shots very much?

So it seems that most companies that make game improvement cavity back sets also make a SW and even an LW in their iron lines. Very few people seem to play those specialty clubs once you get past the AW/GW.

Is this CBX wedge going essentially bridge that gap? It sounds like most people are leaning towards this as a GW replacement. Why wouldn't people consider this or even the SW in their iron line if they don't use it for full shots very much?

I think that is the plan. To have an offering that brings the forgiveness of the irons to the scoring clubs.

Could there be a potential trademark issue with Tour Edge since they released their CBX irons earlier this year?

Would love to try these against my RTX3 CBs. The conversation my buddy and I had when I was going to choose either MB or CB was.. "why wouldn't you want more forgiveness". Cleveland could really be onto something here about why 84% play GI irons and blade wedges. Around the green is one thing, but I know the CB RTX3s have help me tremendously in full wedge shots.

I think that is the plan. To have an offering that brings the forgiveness of the irons to the scoring clubs.

After getting to read a bit more about them, I also see the benefits over the set wedges, especially the set SW and LW with the Rotex face since most set wedges don't have the level of face milling, grooves or even sole design the standard wedges have. This essentially does bridge that gap.

Now to work in getting the 54 in my bag to transition from my current AW and my 58 RTX 3 CB. I could even see adding the 58 once I see how the 54 works.

How much bigger are these than the RTX? I reckon we may have to wait for a side by side comparison?

noelle just said on twitter that the cb is going away, being replaced by the cbx. so your two options are beefy sole cbx or thinner sole blade. seems like there's room for something in the middle (cb?). notwithstanding inventory management and demand issues.

noelle just said on twitter that the cb is going away, being replaced by the cbx. so your two options are beefy sole cbx or thinner sole blade. seems like there's room for something in the middle (cb?). notwithstanding inventory management and demand issues.

I think in hand you will find these are less beefy than you imagine. Have to remember the oversized sole still belongs to the Smart Sole category.

RTX-3 MB - CBX - Smart Sole 3

I think the point that made me think about this the most was how most set irons are 4, 7, and PW and everything else is extrapolated in between. That and the fact that most set wedges are just added on the end and the sole width and grind are not optimal for wedges. I have always thought that set wedges just didn't look or feel right for me, and this is a much easier and better explanation of why it is necessary to look at wedges like the RTX CB and the CBX. The RTX CB has been phenomenal for me and has dropped my HDCP 8 points in the last 3 months.

Back