Cleveland CBX Wedges

Are these even noticeable at address as a CB? thick top-line? I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the forgiveness now incorporated in the scoring clubs

I'll be curious to see if there is much difference in spin compared to the rtx3cb... if not, what do you have to lose with more forgiveness and no detriment to spin

I'll be curious to see if there is much difference in spin compared to the rtx3cb... if not, what do you have to lose with more forgiveness and no detriment to spin

Wondering the same thing. I hear everyone saying the great spin they are getting with the RTX CB, but I do not get much on most shots. I am positive its how I strike the ball, so I play it to roll out, but it would be great to get more spin when I wanted it. Wondering if these CBXs are easier to spin for the average player.

I think in hand you will find these are less beefy than you imagine. Have to remember the oversized sole still belongs to the Smart Sole category.

good to know. probably on me for misunderstanding, but the takeaway i had from the thp tv spot is that "if you play gi irons, here's a specialty wedge that slots in better than small wedges we've seen in the past." so i guess i'm looking for a middle ground between a gi wedge to complement a gi iron set, and an mb wedge to complement a player's iron set. it sounds like the cbx is more middle ground than i originally thought?

Are these even noticeable at address as a CB? thick top-line? I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the forgiveness now incorporated in the scoring clubs

Check out the pictures in the early posts that I put up this morning. One in particular shows the bevel and how it helps "hide" the topline.

According to last week on the GCQuad on full swings no difference. In 3/4 swings no difference. In half swings, no difference. In 1/4 swings 300rpm difference. This was 6 balls each so it could very well show contact causing it.
One thing that was noted was that high on the face with this wedge, showed better spin and speed in relation to the CB.

Check out the pictures in the early posts that I put up this morning. One in particular shows the bevel and how it helps "hide" the topline.

According to last week on the GCQuad on full swings no difference. In 3/4 swings no difference. In half swings, no difference. In 1/4 swings 300rpm difference. This was 6 balls each so it could very well show contact causing it.
One thing that was noted was that high on the face with this wedge, showed better spin and speed in relation to the CB.
Thanks for the info, this could be a real winner especially because my miss is high on the toe... and more forgiveness with little to no spin difference... this will be fun!

good to know. probably on me for misunderstanding, but the takeaway i had from the thp tv spot is that "if you play gi irons, here's a specialty wedge that slots in better than small wedges we've seen in the past." so i guess i'm looking for a middle ground between a gi wedge to complement a gi iron set, and an mb wedge to complement a player's iron set. it sounds like the cbx is more middle ground than i originally thought?

Nah I see where you are coming from. Maybe these terrible pictures I just snapped will help illustrate. Here is a XXIO Forged iron with the CB and CBX.

114facc09eb587d676188d64b071f5a4.jpg

And here are the CB and CBX soles. In this example the CBX sole is slightly larger, but with the VSole in place, it is more about where it is larger (trailing side).

6a8912d322cc5796665e1a8b3074ccf2.jpg

Definitely less beefy, these are great, you liked the MD3s they sit similar at address and the comfort and performance is fantastic out of the gate, the RTX face is a fantastic addition. Built in bounce is great too

People really seem to love the V sole and how versatile it is. Makes sense that this would find it's way into a wedge.

I was thinking about this two. All 3 of my current wedges are RTX3 CB. I love them - if there's more forgiveness I can definitely see myself trying out a 48 or 54 - the clubs I would be more likely to take full swings with.

I have really enjoyed my Hot Metal wedges, but these CBX wedges are amazing to look at and based on the information in the video these have me seriously considering giving them a try. Every time I think my bag is set, I see something shiny I want!!

They do look very interesting, and I would like to compare them. I didn't really get along well with the RTX-3 CB and preffered the MB's.

People really seem to love the V sole and how versatile it is. Makes sense that this would find it's way into a wedge.

And the V-Sole has been in their wedges for a while now with RTX-3.

They actually look really good. I'm very curious to find out how they feel. I love the way the rtx3 feels, but didn't care for the cb. Maybe the cbx will change that. If anything, it'll be a fun test!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The sole speaks to me,as I tend to get steep at times. The rtx3 is a fantastic wedge think will be another great addition to their line up. Something for everyone. Cannot wait to see the rest of their lineup. Thinking next week I will be mind blown with some sweet sticks to review on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the pics above! that's a big help, and it's pretty incredible how similar the cb and the cbx look at address in spite of the slight sole differences. really looks to be a fantastic wedge.

thanks for the pics above! that's a big help, and it's pretty incredible how similar the cb and the cbx look at address in spite of the slight sole differences. really looks to be a fantastic wedge.

When I get back from this long trip, we should grab a round and do some CBX testing.

When I get back from this long trip, we should grab a round and do some CBX testing.

you name the day, i'll make it work. testing is fun. thp is fun. #golfisfun

I admittedly haven't paid much attention to the RTX-3 (other than knowing people swear by them). I had just moved to the W/S PMP's and they were working pretty well, so my eye didn't stray. Guess Cleveland just hit the right chord with their promotions of this wedge that it caught my eye enough to pique my interest. They've about done sold me on this wedge. May very likely pre-order when they open it up.

The CBX looks a lot less rounded off at the toe, which visually should be appealing to someone who prefers set wedges.

Those spin comparisons to the CB are eye opening too. I liked the CB in the limited time I tried it, but the CBX just seems like an even better fit for me.

I try to manage my round so full shots with my wedges are the norm. I really like my 50° RTX-3 CB but I'm interested in hearing the reviews of the CBX from my fellow THPers.

I have really enjoyed my Hot Metal wedges, but these CBX wedges are amazing to look at and based on the information in the video these have me seriously considering giving them a try. Every time I think my bag is set, I see something shiny I want!!
Welcome to THP!! :D:D

Really pondering this hard. The 60 degree RTX-3 will not leave my bag for a long time, I just love that club too much. I can really see a 50 or 54 degree making it into the bag though. Really exciting to see all the buzz behind this.

I like the story behind these wedges. I kind of like the idea of going 54 in the CBX - I full swing that club pretty often and almost always play it with a square face. Then I'd follow it up with the RTX-3 CB or stick with the PM grind or another specialty wedge. I have the 54 and 58 in the MB and played the RTX 2.0 in the CB, and I honestly don't feel like I lost any versatility with the CB.

So, after going and checking out Clevelands site I have some more thoughts.

1) I love the idea for a GW for me.

2) They did a great job of hiding mass. That topline bevel is brilliant.

3) I'm not a big fan on their tag line for these about 84% of players play CB's so why are they playing unforgiving bladed wedges, imo (and my opinion alone) they need to be careful there with that wording to not come off as derogatory toward their bladed wedges. I'm positive I'll get vehemently disagreed with here by someone, but, it's my take.

I'd love to get one in hand to work with though, especially since reviewing the RTX3 CB for THP and gaming the MB since.

I hit this next to the set A wedges in both the 565 and 765 irons and forgiveness and performance improvement was there for my #internetgolfer swing - i would do 46/50/54/58 and it would be GLORIOUS go 6-9 in go 6/7 565 and 8/9 765

Back