What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
77 (38-39) at the usual course.

Greens had the small tine aerations, so putts were hard to come by. Hit driver exceptionally well and also hit some really solid iron shots.

Kicked it around on a couple holes, but nothing worse than bogey on the card. All in all a satisfying round.

77 (38-39) at the usual course.

Greens had the small tine aerations, so putts were hard to come by. Hit driver exceptionally well and also hit some really solid iron shots.

Kicked it around on a couple holes, but nothing worse than bogey on the card. All in all a satisfying round.

The Alpha 815 must have been working quite well this morning. Nice round Seth.

95 at Tobacco Road. Beautiful course

78 today. I might be the most inconsistent golfer ever.

85 @ Stoneridge in Stillwater. I hit every fairway but two, but missed too many greens. Ballstriking was very solid - just pulled or pushed a couple. The Callaway XR Pros continue to blow me away. I hit too much club several times. I need to get my distances figured out. Putting should have been much better. Had one birdie and should have had 3. Two unplayable lies I bunkers killed me. Tripled an easy short 4 as a result.

But....driving the ball was a blast. I was off the rails a week ago and really focused on tempo and a low, drawn out takeaway. Voila!!

What did you shoot today?

This is a crazy game. I really have been grinding at the range this week (read: struggling) to find my swing. It has not been going especially great...one step forward two steps back kind of stuff. So I show up this morning to my match play game with Freddie's advice firmly in mind to stay positive, play the swing you have that day, etc. The result ?

40/39-79* with 36 putts.

Where the heck did that come from? I haven't struck the ball this well in a LONG time. Of course the putter deserted me but whatever, I'm happy.

* match play so there were some conceded 3 to 4 footers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After not playing for 3 weeks, I went out and shot a 99. I wasn't happy with the score, but it was only 7 strokes higher than my average and considering I haven't played much lately, I couldn't be too disappointed. Couldn't stay in the fairway, but wasn't far off of it and the rough was super thick, so it was very penal today for everyone.

Golf is weird...shot 52/40 today. Had absolutely nothing on the front and got a ton of bad breaks, and then it came back on the back. Crazy, crazy game. Oh well hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Real annoying round today. Game was there but just some mental lapses and some bad breaks got in the way.

79 with 5 Double bogeys. Oye.

45/42 for 87. Will ESC to 85. Played a tee further back than usual at 6546 and was over swinging all day long off the tee. Worst driving day in quite a while. This was a golf league match and I was fortunate that my opponent played worse. I left him plenty of opportunities but ended up winning the match by 2 holes.

5 FWY, 4 GIR, 29 putts (no 3-putts), 1 penalty
1 birdie, 7 pars, 6 bogeys, 2 doubles, 2 triples.

Played in a person scramble this morning. We shot a 63 and were nowhere near placing...

I actually played okay today. Shot 80 (38/42), bogeyed 18 to miss the 79. Driving was pretty good on the front, but not on the back. Kept getting stuck and hitting a push, dead-straight-right. 36.7% of fairways, only 33.3% of greens (2nd round in-a-row)... Scrambled like mad! 1.61 putting avg. All-in-all, just glad I had a chance for 70's again!

95 today at a wet Wentworth Hills in Plainville, MA. Had a tough time off the tee and too many 3-putts.

Friday afternoon:
90 at Heron Glen. Five pars (all the par 5s) and 37 putts. I hit more fairways on other holes than the one that I was playing.

Saturday:
97 at Shackamaxon. Five pars and 32 putts. Lost five balls on the first three holes (two drives on #1 onto the driving range; two hybrid tee shots on #3 onto the road and a 5i approach into the bushes/ivy by the fence).

What's going to happen tomorrow??

92 today at a long tough course playing it for the first time. Started on the back side and man is it long .Things got better score wise on the front side, but still struggled all day to make good swings. Felt like I had the chicken wing arms flying today .

And got to play a 808 yd. Par 6 .

Real annoying round today. Game was there but just some mental lapses and some bad breaks got in the way.

79 with 5 Double bogeys. Oye.
I'll take 79 with some mental lapses :act-up:

Haha had a blast out there with you today as usual. Give em hell in Myrtle, your game is looking really solid IMO. Team Heritage/441 has a great asset.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

We played with heavy hearts today, one of our golf buddies was just put on Hospice exactly one month after his last round of golf, it doesn't look like he has much time left. He is a good man and good friend--I wish we could have one more round. The golf was my first round since June 4 except for a nine hole MGA thing Thursday. Actually struck the ball well but putting and short game were way off. 82 (42,40)

We played with heavy hearts today, one of our golf buddies was just put on Hospice exactly one month after his last round of golf, it doesn't look like he has much time left. He is a good man and good friend--I wish we could have one more round. The golf was my first round since June 4 except for a nine hole MGA thing Thursday. Actually struck the ball well but putting and short game were way off. 82 (42,40)

Sorry to hear about your buddy, Don.

Last two days, 84 and 85. GIR is hurting me right now. Might be time to add a hybrid to the mix.

This is always so hurtful to see our long time golfing buddies leave us. Take care buddy :friends:

41/38 for a 79. Made my only birdie on the Par 5 18th to finally break 80 on a course other than my home course.

Horrendous 90 in the first round of my club championship. If tomorrow isn't better, I might put the clubs away for a while. Really frustrated right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back